Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scared to be open

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really like a girl at work. All my friends outside work know I do, and I think she probably has an idea. If we do the same shifts, we sit and eat lunch together, we seem to have a lot in common and just talk for ages and there keep being "we really must go for a coffee" moments but they never get anywhere. I'm trying to follow her lead, so when she went on holiday and sent a postcard, I did the same, etc. I finally got round to suggesting she come over to the students' union for lunch today 'cos I'm not working and she is but then remembered I won't actually be there and had to send another message to say so. Oops.

I guess I'm just ranting a bit but is it about time I just asked her out? Or am I right to just hold back 'til I'm sure?

*sigh*

(P.S.: I do know she likes girls as well as guys so hopefull that's not an issue.)

Comments

• Options
    It definately sounds like she likes you, at least as a friend. Try not to be afraid of rejection, she has shown signs that she obviously wants to spend time with you. There is no harm in inviting her out for a drink or something. I mean, friends can do that. But yeah, if it goes well then woo, maybe you'll get more than her friendship. Good luck.
  • Options
    Yeah, I mean we keep planning to and then it doesn't happen. Hopefully we'll catch up next week 'cos she was asking if I was around to but I get frustrated because I find it hard to read people and she might be being nice. I guess I'm worried I'll embarrass myself.
  • Options
    lol edit
  • Options
    Awesome. Well, going for coffee during lunch today. We shall see. Could be a colleague/friend thing but she's a nice girl so that'd be good too.
  • Options
    Tell us how it goes :)
  • Options
    Yeah hope it goes alright! good luck.
  • Options
    Great that you've finally turned one of those moments into an actual coffee "date". Whether you get a good friendship out of it or more, it can't be bad...as you said yourself.

Have fun, and keep us posted. :)
  • Options
    Well, we're doing it again tomorrow. I don't know what she's thinking... *sigh* I'm pathetic sometimes!
  • Options
    lol edit
  • Options
    :) hope it all goes well :)
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    Well, we're doing it again tomorrow. I don't know what she's thinking... *sigh* I'm pathetic sometimes!
    Well, that means it went great then! Good luck for tomorrow :thumb:
  • Options
    woo a second coffee date, enjoy yourself!
  • Options
    woo a second coffee date, enjoy yourself!
    dont go hyper on the caffeine :)
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    dont go hyper on the caffeine :)
    's ok I was on herbal tea. She might come out tomorrow with my friends, but we still haven't had the "so, erm, what is this?" conversation.
  • Options
    hope it works out, but least either way you've made a good friend. you'll just have to tread carefully until you know how she feels. :)
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    's ok I was on herbal tea. She might come out tomorrow with my friends, but we still haven't had the "so, erm, what is this?" conversation.
    "So what about them lesbian sheep, huh?"