Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lads - how much do you show off 'getting lucky'?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I pull a random in a club, take them back home etc, I seem to be more interested in (implicitly) showing off to my mates that I'm getting lucky rather than being private and intimate with the girl. I want my friends to see me score, go home with a girl etc, for the positive banter/kudos that will gain. Am I a loser lol, or do a lot of you blokes do similar? I see it as a bit of a game, maybe a bit of a competition, that's the thrill-seek.

Comments

• Options
    Jomery, how've you been mate?
  • Options
    Seems like a sign of insecurity to me. I can honestly say I choose who I pull based on whether I like her or not. That doesn't mean it doesn't feel good pulling someone hot and your mates seeing, but I wouldn't even use that as a reason to pull.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »

who?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    otter wrote: »
    who?
    Jomery.
  • Options
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    Am I a loser lol,

:yes:
  • Options
    You prefer showing off to your mates than having a shag. Why do you want all this attention from your mates? Does it make you feel big?:rolleyes:
  • Options

Exactly what I was thinking! :lol:
  • Options
    Seems like a sign of insecurity to me. I can honestly say I choose who I pull based on whether I like her or not. That doesn't mean it doesn't feel good pulling someone hot and your mates seeing, but I wouldn't even use that as a reason to pull.
    Never said it was a reason to pull, I've pulled when nobody's been there, but it's the huge bonus, half the thrill of it all.
  • Options
    No, but you said it's the main reason, right here.
    I seem to be more interested in (implicitly) showing off to my mates that I'm getting lucky rather than being private and intimate with the girl.
  • Options

i'm not sure though, I think I was too young to enjoy it properly, maybe now I am older an a lot more comfortable with myself if i found a nice girl and took her home i might enjoy it more.

You may be just going through a stage like I was.

I went through thr same stage. I pulled some guy when I went to Uni which was fun in the bar, wasn't enjoying it too much in the sack then the next day felt great again. I think it's cos when i went to Uni I'd only ever slept with my boyfriend and all my mates had slept with up to 10 lads and I felt a bit left out/young. It was immaturity more than anything. I've grown up now and still enjoy pulling but I usually wait to have sex these days and know that I'm not doing it just to make myself feel better.
  • Options
    I think somewhere inside of us men, our bodies want us to do this, but sometimes we wonder why at the end of it. I'd pull a random, i'd find a thrill in the challenge of ti all, the banter before we actually do anything, but when we had sex it was actually an anti climax and i didn't enjoy it, but then after that I would feel a little proud of myself.

I didn't brag about it though, I just used it as a confidence boost for myself.

i'm not sure though, I think I was too young to enjoy it properly, maybe now I am older an a lot more comfortable with myself if i found a nice girl and took her home i might enjoy it more.

You may be just going through a stage like I was.
    I've read a couple of your previous posts about when you had one-night stands and it didn't feel right, an anti-climax, very little gained, how you'd rather spend ages txting/flirting with girls than sex. I'm the complete opposite, have been doing one-night stands since I was 17 and still love it, everything's great it's just so fun!!
  • Options

Lol, that's what I thought.

Sorted a new IP address laaa ?
  • Options
    ...I seem to be more interested in (implicitly) showing off to my mates that I'm getting lucky rather than being private and intimate with the girl. I want my friends to see me score, go home with a girl etc, for the positive banter/kudos that will gain. Am I a loser...
    Yes. Next question, please.
  • Options
    Seems like a sign of insecurity to me.
    What does "insecurity" actually mean? Yes I'm a show off, I like people to see that I'm doing well whether that be in a personal / social / careerist sphere, but it's not a compensating factor, I don't feel inadequate about myself.. I don't understand how this works, surely people who are insecure are so because they're lacking certain qualities, so why would they want to show those off?
  • Options
    Am I a loser lol

Yep and a sad twat to boot.
  • Options
    I'm afraid I don't get you here mate.
    I'm with IWS - it sounds as if you're rather insecure.

If I'm getting with a girl, then I don't give a fuck who knows, it's all about me and her - no one else.
  • Options
    I always carry a handgun and fire 6 rounds into the air when I pull.

I'm such an intensely private person that I'd rather people didn't know. It's none of their business really. But then, I'm old and don't feel like I have to prove anything.
  • Options
    I think somewhere inside of us men

You know, I really object to the use of the word "us" in there. On two counts:

1. Because it suggests that all men are as dysfunctional as you are, when it comes to women.

2. Because it suggests that you should be consdiered a "man" :p
    I just used it as a confidence boost for myself.

And there, my fellow users, is the key to this whole thread.

Both Ricardo, and in this instance, Matt appear to have confidence and self esteem issues. One, Ricardo, addresses this by trying to "big himself up" in front of his friends. Matt's approach seems to be more a case of trying to belittle women.

IMHO
  • Options
    Is it a bad thing for a man to want to enjoy themself and experiment with the opposite sex? I found it to boost my confidence, is that a bad thing?

That depends. When it is done with mutual respect, when it's about two people experimenting and exploring their sexuality then no, it's not a bad thing. When it's more a case of "me man, you woman" hit over the head with a club and drag her by the hair to your cave approach which you seen to prefer then it's a very bad.

It is one thing to boost your confidence, but another to do it at the expense of someone else.
    You're saying there's something wrong with wanting to enjoy a girls company rather than have one night stands with them?

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying. You know me, no respect for women at all.

Oh hang on, that's you not me.

You can type what you think we want to read Matt. But you are still the same person with offensive views on rape and a rather unhealthy apprach to women who has been posting on this site for a few years now.

I'd like to think that you've changed but anyone reading last weeks thread will know that you haven't.
  • Options
    I always carry a handgun and fire 6 rounds into the air when I pull.

:lol:
  • Options
    Why on earth would you want to show off to your mates? I've never known anyone to do this and personally do find it slightly weird.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Why on earth would you want to show off to your mates? I've never known anyone to do this and personally do find it slightly weird.

its what us lads do. I usually don't bother when I'm in a club, I'm usually pre occupied with her and her assets than I am showing them off to my mates.
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    its what us lads do. I usually don't bother when I'm in a club, I'm usually pre occupied with her and her assets than I am showing them off to my mates.

I don't reckon y'know. Not anymore anyway.
    I don't feel as if I have anything to prove to my mates.
  • Options
    DC85 wrote: »
    I don't reckon y'know. Not anymore anyway.
    I don't feel as if I have anything to prove to my mates.

Exactly.
  • Options

:lol::lol:

Great minds .. just thinking the EXACT same thing
  • Options
    You can read my previous posts and sure, if you're that way inclined, you could easily take it down the rape, mysiginistic route, but if you're sensible and empathic you would be able to see the logic in what I say, because let's be honest, do you REALLY think i'm a mysoginist who treats women with disrespect and condones rape?

You're right. I'm making it all up, imagaining it all.

Of course, there are these things which you have previously said:
    a girl will walk over and believe she can do what she wants and have a sexual power over me because im a man

Walking up to me holding sex like a carrot on a piece of string infront of a horse will only make me fuck you then ignore you

sex on the first night is fine, in fact i'd probably move on if you "made him wait",

I like my other half to know that I can and will walk at any point, I don't tell them that but they just "know" anyway, which is better

Sex is a need for men but is an amazing tool for women to get what they want

I talk about hunter gatherer instincts, how all women are born players

a subservient state which means they act like a wussy because they think it is giving "respect"

I will to try to have more or equal dominance

If you take a half serious look at any love story, you don't see any relationships where the woman is dominant, it is the man who whisks her off her feet.

A man that adores his partner and can not live his life without her is dependant on her, she owns his balls and has the final say on every decision, he is submissive, he is submissive because he fears to lose attention and sex from her, she is unchallenged and loses attraction.

I view fidelity as a gift you give to your partner, not something to abide by.

I do take into consideration my partners opinion and how she asked me but in most cases I proceed to do what I want

I also think it is the mans role to be dominant.

Even in sex, women prefer to be dominated

Also, if you want we can go back to hunter gatherer times where the dominant males ensured the survival of the females and their children so it is in the best interest of the survival of our race at the time for women to be attracted to the most dominant males. We still have those instincts inside us.

I do [think that one gender should be dominant], that's obvious.

My best friends sister has a man who beats her, very badly, but she will not leave him, by your perception this can not ever happen, but it does, so surely there is something attracting her of keep her emotionally involved, otherwise she would take the logical decision and get out of there.

And then there's these. Hell I only had to look at a couple of threads for that little lot. Good job I didn't try very hard, wasn't it?
    Deep down you were probabaly turned on and part fo you wanted it. If it was a a terribly UGLY rapist with a knife you would have reacted a lot differently i'm sure, but you were probabaly attracted to the person that it happened with.

So, she told him she didn't want to have sex with him, but he carried on so..... in what way does that make a difference? Like I said, if she totally DID NOT want sex, if he absoultely repulsed her, she could ahve easily, got up, and made her way out the room. If she started feeling sick she probabaly would have moved out the room.

I firmly believe more women call rape on men but don't go to the police than women who are actually raped and men get off without being charged.
  • Options
    I haven't read through any of MattLiverpool's past comments, but the whole 'lets rip him to peices everytime he posts' is fucking boring and very sad.

If he is a cunt / has fucked up views ....copying and pasting 10,000 posts won't ever change that, just proves you've a lot of time on your hands.
  • Options
    I haven't read through any of MattLiverpool's past comments, but the whole 'lets rip him to peices everytime he posts' is fucking boring and very sad.
    I just wish him and Man of Kent would have sex now, and be done with it. Then they can get on with their lives.
  • Options

Dpends on the topic, when it's about women and he tries to portay himself as caring about them and their feelings then it's relevant because that's not how he truly feels.
    If he is a cunt / has fucked up views ....copying and pasting 10,000 posts won't ever change that, just proves you've a lot of time on your hands.

Hardly, those came from a couple of threads.

It's never a waste of time to highlight when someone says about rape "Deep down you were probabaly turned on and part fo you wanted it."
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I just wish him and Man of Kent would have sex now, and be done with it. Then they can get on with their lives.

It's defo on the cards.