Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Homeowner arrested after burglar falls from window.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Territt wrote: »
    YES

You value your shit telly over someone's life?

It's always nice to see what values people hold :cool:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »

:lol: :yes:
  • Options

someone elses life isnt my problem, they take the risk when they brake into a house that the person may fight back, if they end up dead because of it then its there fault for being the theving little scum they are.
  • Options

and my Telly isnt shit, its a Pioneer PDP-508XD.
  • Options
    He put it around his house that no-one was in and that it had valuables.

its shouldn’t matter if he had a million pound cash sitting in his house in view from the front window, if someone brakes into your house you should be able to defend yourself and your belongings
  • Options
    its shouldn’t matter if he had a million pound cash sitting in his house in view from the front window, if someone brakes into your house you should be able to defend yourself and your belongings

But not battering to them to death like you said in one of your previous posts...
  • Options
    and my Telly isnt shit, its a Pioneer PDP-508XD.

Stop being a twat, the point still remains. You value your posessions over the life of another human being, yes?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    But not battering to them to death like you said in one of your previous posts...

which post?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Stop being a twat, the point still remains. You value your posessions over the life of another human being, yes?

yes, over the lifes of scum like that i would every time
  • Options
    yes, over the lifes of scum like that i would every time

You're a sick man.
  • Options
    which post?

this one:
    someone elses life isnt my problem, they take the risk when they brake into a house that the person may fight back, if they end up dead because of it then its there fault for being the theving little scum they are.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    this one:

and which are have i said i would batter to them to death?? the fact is if there was a brake in at my house i would get the nearist weapon to myself and use it, if that happens to be a gun then so be it
  • Options
    and which are have i said i would batter to them to death?? the fact is if there was a brake in at my house i would get the nearist weapon to myself and use it, if that happens to be a gun then so be it

You do know if that happened you'd be arressted and put in prison, and rightly so?

You can only use force if you're life is in direct danger, grabbing a gun and shooting someone because they're in your house does not qualify for that.
  • Options
    You do know if that happened you'd be arressted and put in prison, and rightly so?

You can only use force if you're life is in direct danger, grabbing a gun and shooting someone because they're in your house does not qualify for that.

exactly
  • Options
    re: would you shoot someone for nicking a TV
    YES
    Well, thank you for at least being upfront about what you are.
  • Options
    You do know if that happened you'd be arressted and put in prison,QUOTE]

and thats why laws need to be changed so to protect good people like Tony Martin and other people that are willing to protect themselfs.
  • Options
    the law already allows reasonable force - I'm not sure what else is needed
  • Options
    There's a difference between protecting yourself and killing someone though...
  • Options
    and thats why laws need to be changed so to protect good people like Tony Martin and other people that are willing to protect themselfs.

Oh fuck off, the law is reasonable enough as it is. It actually scares me to think there are people as sick and twisted as you in this world.
  • Options
    Oh fuck off, the law is reasonable enough as it is. It actually scares me to think there are people as sick and twisted as you in this world.

Indeed.

It is also important to remember, people make mistakes. I'm not defending the theiving little cunt....but the idea of purposly ending their life is completely stupid.
  • Options
    NO way!

I had a dream I pushed a burglar out my window the other night. Anyway...

If anyones been robbed, you'll know what it feels like to loose the feeling of security in your own home. If a burglar is pushed out of a window to stop a robbery in self defense of property, fair game. What right does a thief have breaking in? If he injures injury, he should of thought about that, got a job and worked an honest living instead. I mean, does someone have to break in, molester your kids, hold a knife to your throat before you can actually do them any harm?! By then it may be too late! Once a thief gets in he/she could do anything! A potential murderer, pedophile whatever. It's people who promote this right to life approach, that side with the intruders well being and ultimately send out a signal that its okay to intrude on peoples property and rob them! If they get hurt, they can sue. It defies reason! Its unfair! If I caught someone intruding, I wouldn't give a toss, I'd happily put them in a wheelchair for the rest of their life.
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    NO way!

If anyones been robbed, you'll know what it feels like to loose the feeling of security in your own home. If a burglar is pushed out of a window to stop a robbery in self defense of property, fair game. What right does a thief have breaking in? If he injures injury, he should of thought about that, got a job and worked an honest living instead. I mean, does someone have to break in, molester your kids, hold a knife to your throat before you can actually do them any harm?! By then it may be too late! Once a thief gets in he/she could do anything! A potential murderer, pedophile whatever. It's people who promote this right to life approach, that side with the intruders well being and ultimately send out a signal that its okay to intrude on peoples property and rob them! If they get hurt, they can sue. It defies reason! Its unfair! If I caught someone intruding, I wouldn't give a toss, I'd happily put them in a wheelchair for the rest of their life.

finaly someone normal on these boards
  • Options
    If a burglar is pushed out of a window to stop a robbery in self defense of property, fair game.

No it's not, you'd put your own property ahead of someone else's life? That's sickening, if he was a threat to your life and you fucked him out of the window then that's a different story. But grabbing someone, and taking them to the window just to fuck them out is not on. You wouldn't do it in a nightclub or elsewhere so why do it in your own house?
    I mean, does someone have to break in, molester your kids, hold a knife to your throat before you can actually do them any harm?! By then it may be too late! Once a thief gets in he/she could do anything!

If he has a weapon, threatens or attacks you then use force. Use your common sense ffs, but shooting someone in the back as they run away or just shooting someone as they hoked through your cupboards is not right.
    It's people who promote this right to life approach, that side with the intruders well being and ultimately send out a signal that its okay to intrude on peoples property and rob them!

What's this attitude? It was only recently that homeowners could legally use force to stop a burgular in their house if their life was under threat. Hardly endorsing the robbing of people's homes is it?
  • Options
    NO way!

The minute you have reasonable belief you can use reasonable force. If he runs away, you shoot him in the back and leave him to bleed to death its not a reasonable belief you were in harm.
  • Options
    as much as it pains me to agree with SG mk2 i have to say i think burglars deserve whatever they get, shooting someone in the back is a bit excessive but a man's home is his fortress and 'reasonable force' usually means something different from one person to the next......unless there is indisputable evidence (i.e. cctv or a bullet entry wound from behind) to suggest the injury was malicious i don't see why the homeowner should have to prove his innocence.
  • Options
    as much as it pains me to agree with SG mk2 i have to say i think burglars deserve whatever they get, shooting someone in the back is a bit excessive but a man's home is his fortress and 'reasonable force' usually means something different from one person to the next......unless there is indisputable evidence (i.e. cctv or a bullet entry wound from behind) to suggest the injury was malicious i don't see why the homeowner should have to prove his innocence.

Reasonable force says exactly what it means - you can use reasonable force to stop someone. So if they punch you the average person wouldn't find it reasonable you blast his entrails out through his back with a shotgun. If he had a gun it would be reasonable to do so...

I just can't understand why people have difficulty with this concept...
  • Options
    No it's not, you'd put your own property ahead of someone else's life? That's sickening, if he was a threat to your life and you fucked him out of the window then that's a different story. But grabbing someone, and taking them to the window just to fuck them out is not on. You wouldn't do it in a nightclub or elsewhere so why do it in your own house?

Why should some scumbag have the audacity and cheek to break in and steal my possessions? If you know anything about being robbed, you'll know it can mess with life so much so you live in constant fear of it happening again. Its the worst kind of fear. Fear of living in your own home! If some thief can ruin my chance of living my life in peace, I have the right to ruin theres. Sorry it's the way it is up here. It's the the way I was brought up and there are many many more who think like me.
    If he has a weapon, threatens or attacks you then use force. Use your common sense ffs, but shooting someone in the back as they run away or just shooting someone as they hoked through your cupboards is not right.

Oh please stop with 'ffs's' they do my head in! Use proper language if your involved within a serious conversation and don't insult my intelligence. If you can stop a thief getting in, stop him getting in! If he falls from a window in the process of protecting whats yours, he falls from a window and breaks his neck. I'm sick to bleeding death of people like you! "But what about the burglars rights?!...ner!....ner!" It's fucking joke!

What's this attitude? It was only recently that homeowners could legally use force to stop a burgular in their house if their life was under threat. Hardly endorsing the robbing of people's homes is it?

If a burglar breaks in, if he's assaulted, he could possibly sue. Thats what I'm getting at. If you caught a thief walking out with the TV, what would you do? Could you hurt him for just walking out with it? or does he have to have a knife in his had at the same time? If he ignored you and ran out with the TV anyway, you did your best to stop him with a little force, but no matter what you did he wasn't going to stop. What would you do? Just let him walk out with it, or put him on the floor and stop him getting the TV? But of course if he falls and smashes his head on the kitchen table he can make a claim! Its absolutely ridiculous and an absolute piss take theives are allowed to prosecute home owners for protecting whats theres!
  • Options
    Why should some scumbag have the audacity and cheek to break in and steal my possessions?

They shouldn't, that's why you call the police and report the incident or apprehend the burgular until the police arrive.
    If you know anything about being robbed, you'll know it can mess with life so much so you live in constant fear of it happening again. Its the worst kind of fear. Fear of living in your own home! If some thief can ruin my chance of living my life in peace, I have the right to ruin theres. Sorry it's the way it is up here. It's the the way I was brought up and there are many many more who think like me.

How do you know I haven't been a victim of robbery before? Which I have may I add but it's irrelevant to the topic at hand. Well, that sort of attitude you have will land you in jail, and rightly so. You and Territt should meet up for a pint.
    Oh please stop with 'ffs's' they do my head in! Use proper language if your involved within a serious conversation and don't insult my intelligence. If you can stop a thief getting in, stop him getting in! If he falls from a window in the process of protecting whats yours, he falls from a window and breaks his neck. I'm sick to bleeding death of people like you! "But what about the burglars rights?!...ner!....ner!" It's fucking joke!

Ok, I'll stop with the "ffs's" when you learn the differences between "their, there and they're." But seriously, what are you blabbering about? You're willing to kill a person just to protect your possessions, that's wrong.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Are you proud you support the death penalty for burglary Territt?

Quite the bleeding heart aren't you?

its not the same really IMO.
    I dont have any sympathy for someone who gets injured or even killed by someone whos house they are robbing at the time. In the heat of the moment, theyve put themselves in that position.

I dont agree with someone gettng the death penalty after the act though
  • Options
    its not the same really IMO.
    I dont have any sympathy for someone who gets injured or even killed by someone whos house they are robbing at the time. In the heat of the moment, theyve put themselves in that position.

I dont agree with someone gettng the death penalty after the act though

i think suzy has hit the nail on the head,