Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,077 Wise Owl
    @Siena whats going on? Are you safe?
  • Options
    Cosycore_WitchCosycore_Witch Posts: 17 Settling in
    Big hugs @Siena we're here for you if you need 🩷
    "I grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange
    I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away" ~ MGMT
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 655 Incredible Poster
    Siena wrote: »
    I need help
    Trying to stay safe

Sending so many hugs and strength your way @Siena <3

You’re doing so well to try and stay safe and to keep going. Can you let us know how things are feeling this morning and if you feel like you can keep yourself safe?

Do you have any plans today and for the rest of this week to keep yourself busy?

If you are struggling to stay safe or would like some additional support today, remember these services are here for you too:
    *If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    *Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    *Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Keep reaching out @Siena, you're not alone in this. <3
  • Options
    It's really positive that you were able to reach out to talk to them @Siena. Do you know when you might be able to see the GP? <3

I'm hearing how last night was a tough one for you - you've done so well to reach out. We would always recommend getting some medical attention for things like this but I'm hearing that you don't want to go to A&E or the walk-in centre today as you're going to work. Remember you can always call NHS 111 to get some medical advice, or you could even pop into your local pharmacy to speak to them.

We're all here for you <3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    Gp said I need to go a&e so I guess I have to go and tell my family
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Gp said I need to go a&e so I guess I have to go and tell my family

It sounds like a good idea to go along and get it checked out @Siena - you're doing all the right things in looking after yourself. Sending lots of hugs <3
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 137 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Chloe234 I'm so sorry to hear how much you're having to deal with right now - it must be so so hard to manage everything at once. Remember we are all here to support you and are sending you big virtual hugs. Grief is such a complicated and difficult thing to deal with, and it's completely okay to take that little bit of extra support at school to help you through. Remember we're always here if you want to talk through some more <3
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Over a month clean. Urges have been getting worse over the past few days so don't know if I can fight them much longer. Things are just so hard and I'm not coping. My drama teacher is gonna try get special consideration for my exam because my aunt is being cremated on the day of my exam so I'm not gonna do great. I hate being given special treatment tho. I should be able to just get over it all

Just echoing what @amy02 has said @Chloe234, you're doing so well to keep reaching out for support - and it's 100% okay to ask for adjustments for your exams. It's not special treatment - you're going through so much and so it wouldn't be fair otherwise. <3

When you say your urges have been getting worse, can you let us know if these are self-harm urges? It sounds really difficult to be experiencing those thoughts.

I think I've shared this before, but the organisation Mind has a great article with some tips on coping with urges to SH. There are also apps like Calm Harm and distrACT with tips and techniques on coping with SH that you might like to look into.

Keep reaching out for support and remember you're not alone <3
  • Options
    Over a month clean. Urges have been getting worse over the past few days so don't know if I can fight them much longer. Things are just so hard and I'm not coping. My drama teacher is gonna try get special consideration for my exam because my aunt is being cremated on the day of my exam so I'm not gonna do great. I hate being given special treatment tho. I should be able to just get over it all

@Chloe234 I wouldn’t say that’s ‘special treatment’, it’s just school trying to stop you from being at a disadvantage because of the horrible stuff going on
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,192 Boards Champion
    Thankyou @amy02 @Gemma and @AnonymousToe
    When you say your urges have been getting worse, can you let us know if these are self-harm urges? It sounds really difficult to be experiencing those thoughts.
    Yeah SH urges :/

• Options
    I hate how my anxiety is a million times worse when I’m ill
  • Options
    Feel like I ruin chats, I always talk to much and need to keep my mouth shut... I always seem to be the leader of the convo and its probably only because of how people can never talk. I need to be quiet every once in a whole and stop being selfish

We don't feel that way at all @Chloe234 - you're not selfish and you don't talk too much. You are such a kind and supportive person and we love having you as part of our community in chats and on the boards. It's okay if you're more talkative than others - it's a group environment so the dynamics can change day to day. Everyone has the opportunity to chip in but sometimes others might prefer to take a backseat. However you prefer engaging, that's totally okay. <3
  • Options
    I'm not well

How are you doing this morning @IainJammyboy? We're all here if you'd like to chat. Sending a virtual hug your way too <3
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    English was shit :/ someone kept staring at me and glaring
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    It’s not a big deal but I’m so ill
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    In a fucking bad mood
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    Honestly don’t understand why a common injury needs to be made so complicated ofc they won’t see me at the hopsital now and have to travel ages to go to Chelmsford
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley