Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Italia's back! Yay! I've missed you.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    I am really glad to hear Shout supported you last night @zaynab_5 <3

How are you feeling today?

Good morning @Italia :) Cheesy but true! We are such a wonderful community and I am really glad to be a part of it too. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hey @Zay

I'm glad you are feeling better than yesterday :)

Oh no, sorry to hear you are feeling heartbroken :/

Feeling heartbroken hurts.

Would you like to talk about what has made you feel heartbroken? :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Grateful for God bringing peace and positivity into my life. Grateful for supportive family and grateful for living a good life ♥️♥️♥️
    @gia9720

Hey

I am really glad to hear you are feeling grateful <3

@Zay

Hey

I am really sorry to hear you had a breakup with your boyfriend :/

Breakups are really tough. Space and time to yourself is a good thing if that's what you want and need.

Take this time to look after yourself and do what you need!

For me, when I had my most frequent breakup, that was crying with friends, giving myself space, listening to break-up songs really loudly, and eating too much!

Zay wrote: »
    Hey @Zay
    Would you like to talk about what has made you feel heartbroken? :3

Me and my boyfriend broke up yesterday, and I'm struggling with the break up, I actually liked our relationship sigh. We are not talking at the moment, I want to give some space and time to myself before talking to him again. I need to heal and focus on myself.

yeah focus on yourself is the best move forward <3 sending hugs your way, its hard but you will stronger at the end of it all
    edited December 2021
    I hear you @Zay <3

You could also try writing how you feel and scrunching it up and throwing it in the bin.

Some people also enjoy pampering themselves and wearing smart clothes.

The most important thing is that you look after yourself and take time to process all of your emotions :3
    edited December 2021
    Post edited by Past User on
    You are more than welcome @Zay :)

Though, you really don't need to thank me.

I'm glad you are doing things you enjoy.

Taking care of yourself is the most important thing! <3
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
    Grateful for my sister for being by my side through it all
    Won't you come over and watch the stars with me?

Hi @Skye

I am really glad to hear you feel supported by your sister! <3
    @Zay doing makeup is soooo therapeutic and omg CLEANING MAKEUP BRUSHES dont get me started
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Even though I couldn't be at home, I got to facetime and watch my grandad blow out his birthday candles for his 82nd birthday today <3
    Aww, that made me smile! I am really glad you could at least spend time with your grandad virtually for his birthday @Brookee :3
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Laura_tigger82 Thank you so much, it was so lovely to see him :)
    I am really glad @Brookee! It sounds like a lovely experience :3
    Hi @Zay. I am really glad to hear you finally have access to the support you have been looking for :3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Not from today but I am grateful for the staff at my school (particularly my Maths teacher, my student support officer and my PE teacher.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    That's wonderful to hear @Dancer. I am really glad to hear you feel supported by the staff at your school :3
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    The sunshine
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Supportive work place 💗
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I'm so glad you've got a supportive work place @Siobhan that's great to hear
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I like the wind on my face from my window. I find it very relaxing. I am grateful for the net I brought so I can have the window open without spiders coming in
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Definitely sounds positive that you can enjoy that without the spiders coming in @Siobhan! I am not an insect fan =)
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    The lighter evenings <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤