Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    My PA
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Everyone who rallied round to look after me after my head injury
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    My boss at work, he was super kind about me needing Wednesday off this week even though it's so short notice. :D
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    My computer, for giving me access to so much information and so many different groups
    ~ Dreamer ~
    The friends I've made in a different support chat and the fact we all found each other on social. Grateful for the chats today
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Online support 💜
    Work cause they’re lovely to me and very supportive 💜
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    And grateful to the hospital that helped me yesterday and Friday. Can’t remember much but atleast I still had my phone and all my belongings and was kept safe
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    111 early this morning
    The mix support chat
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I got a shoutout from Capital FM
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • charlieboyzcharlieboyz Posts: 178 Helping Hand
    @Shaunie I'm grateful to be alive and for my cats who help get through everything my parents do to me. It's like they can understand me if you know what I mean? They rub their sweet heads over my fice to wipe the tears away and find ways to make me smile. Only yesterday, Summer, the eldest cat did a rollover when I was crying
    edited December 2021
    I'm grateful that I'm still me, and didn't lose myself to this past week
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I'm very grateful to my family and friends who have helped me get through one of the hardest years of my life :heart:

Also grateful that I get to volunteer for The Mix and continue to help people :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I'm grateful for the people who have helped me
    The mix support chat 💜
    Those who take care of me when I'm sad
    Like therapists, they have taught me wonderful skills on how to improve as a person
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    edited December 2021
    I'm thankful for the people that has stayed with me when I went rogue during the summer. <3

Their patience and understanding's immeasurable.
    edited December 2021
    Beat mod. Talking to me in private about everything as well as in chat. Really appreciate them and the reassurance is what I need right now
    Everyone who messaged me to check on me after yesterday. People I haven’t spoke to for ages have been checking up on me and people I never really spoke to. Just goes to show that there are people you wouldnt think care - do care and death will have a massive impact on many
    Teddykins
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi all,

I am really pleased to hear everything everyone is grateful for today <3

I would say a rest from uni for me! :)
    I'm grateful to anonymous helpers and volunteers that help with mental health. Thank you for all you do to keep us happy.
    ~ Dreamer ~
    All of your posts are super wonderful <3

Today, mine is family and friends! :3
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    I get to go home tomorrow and see my family, even if it is only for 3 days!
    Amazing @Brookee <3

I hope you have the best time with your family :)
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Saw my doggo for the first time in 2 years 🥰
    That's incredible @Brookee :)

I am super glad to hear you are enjoying your Christmas break.

How did your doggo react?

I hope your doggo greeted you with lots of cuddles. It is one of the things dogs do best! <3
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Morning everyone,

This is such a lovely thread. I am grateful (and always am) for all of you today (cheesy I know). I've just logged on for the first time in a while and it's so encouraging to see how well you all support and care for one another.

The perfect start to Christmas morning. :)

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown