Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Winter Group Chat Break (Mon 03/01 - Sun 16/01)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
edited December 2021 in Community Announcements
74uod9h0zpjj.gif
IMG: drawn animation of cute animal closing laptop and going to sleep

If you don't know what a group chat break is, click the spoiler below. :)

What is a 'group chat break'?
Roughly three times a year, we have a week (or two) where we take a break from running group chats.

We use these periods as a chance to gather community feedback, reflect on how things are going on the community, and look at anything we might want to work on.

It's also a good chance for staff, volunteers, and you guys to take a breather. If you use group chat often, chat breaks are a good opportunity to try new services and expand your support network. :)

When are they?
Typically, there's a break in January, May, and September.

When's the next break?

Our Winter break this year will be from Monday 3rd January - Sunday 16th January (two weeks). The usual group chat schedule will resume as normal on Monday 17th.

We want to make sure our volunteers and staff get a well-deserved rest after a difficult year, which is why this break is two weeks rather than one. The longer break should also give us a good amount of time to work on some things behind the scenes and review all your feedback.

Is there a Community Quiz?

As always, yes! More info on this in a separate announcement. :)

Where can I go instead?

If you'd like some quick, live support while group chat isn't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one services. You can get in touch in three ways - phone, webchat and email. Call for free on 0808 808 4994, from 3pm-midnight. The boards will also be open as normal.

If you're at breaking point, our Crisis Messenger is also open as usual. Text THEMIX to 85258. You can also head to this thread to find more crisis options if you need urgent support.

If you want somewhere like General Chat, you can always head over to general chit chat or take a look at Anything Goes and Travel & Free Time. Or get stuck in with the Community Quiz!

Questions? Drop them below :)

15x8v0jqlq2q.gif
IMG: grainy old TV message saying 'we'll return after these messages'
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Just a heads up the schedule on the group chat page is incorrect - it's currently saying SC and GC are running on Sunday the 9th, but they're not. Technical difficulties. 😑
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks @Mike :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    @independent_ The quiz won't be a quiz without you being there saying at least one stupid answer.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited January 2022
    :o Are we missing @independent_ this evening :/ We'll miss you!

I'll be there @Dancer :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Not sure if she is coming or not but wanted to say that anyway as a joke
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I shall be there!! Do not worry @Dancer @Laura_tigger82
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Oh phew! @independent_ will be there @Dancer =)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    It will be nice to have you in the chat room @Laura_tigger82 did you manage to make an account or anything?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited January 2022
    Aww, thank you. No account @independent_ but it seems to have let me in as a guest! :3
    How did the quiz go? Sorry I missed it. I had to go out and then by the time I got home it was about half way through the quiz and I still hadn't had dinner.
    I have the results of the quiz. A massive well done to everyone who participated either as a host, round writer or just to join in and have fun. Especially well done to @Apollo and @Laura_tigger82 for being amazing hosts/round writers.

3rd place overall: @Apollo with 4.5 points
    2nd place overall: @Zay with 9.5 points
    Overall winner: @Jellyelephant with 12 points
    Winner of The Mix Trivia: @Jellyelephant
    Winner of General Knowledge: @Jellyelephant
    Winner of Choose Your Own Topic (film) @Zay
    Oh and well done to @independent_ for correctly guessing 2 of my really hard questions and actually having sensible answers. ;)
    Thanks @Dancer. Well done to you too! And to everyone who came along and participated in either writing or answering the questions. I thought it was a fantastic evening! :3
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    it was great fun on the quiz thanks everyone who wrote questions for us
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    It was great fun! Thanks for coming along @Jellyelephant :3