Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

2022 Winter Community Quiz - Thursday 6th Jan, 7-8pm

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2022 in General Chat
Need a pick me up after the New Year? Want something fun to do while everyone's self-isolating? Well, we're pleased to announce the...
2022 Winter Community Quiz!

When? Thursday 6th January, 7-8pm
Where? A dedicated group chat room

For those who don't know the format: there are 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point awarded for the fastest correct answer.

Badges and sometimes other goodies are awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the overall highest score. You also get the chance to knock the reigning champion off their podium. 👑

Here are the rounds:
  1. The Mix Trivia
  2. Choose your own topic!
  3. General Knowledge

In the usual way, you guys get to host your own rounds. That means you get to come up with your own questions and ask them during the quiz, announcing the winner of each point. You're also welcome to host with someone else or in a group - feel free to be creative!

If you'd like to host a round, pm @TheMix by Monday 27th December. :)

y6qwkexift54.gif
IMG: Sandi Toksvig saying 'Fun.' on QI
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Laura_tigger82 you should do a round :)
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Ooh really @GreenTea?

Thanks for thinking of me :)

I struggle with creating questions but I will do my best as you have asked so nicely! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ooh really @GreenTea?

Thanks for thinking of me :)

I struggle with creating questions but I will do my best as you have asked so nicely! <3

You don't have to if you don't want to! Just thought it might be something fun :)
  • Options
    It does sound fun! @GreenTea :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Can we do a Christmas theme one?
  • Options
    That sounds wonderful @Durhamjaide :)
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    edited December 2021
    Can we do a Christmas theme one?

Maybe the general knowledge could have some stuff about Christmas? I'm already doing "choose your own topic" though but maybe if you want to do it, I can save my questions for the next quiz as they aren't Christmas related (it's to do with TV) so you can do your idea of Christmas themed questions.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Thank you so much everyone, the quiz is going to be great!

We have @Laura_tigger82 doing The Mix Trivia and @Dancer doing the choose your own topic. Thank you both!

We can definitely do a Christmas themed one @Durhamjaide - I love this idea! Would you like to write the questions for this round and host it?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    If @Durhamjaide wants to do a Christmas themed round then please save my questions for the next quiz and give her the chance instead. @Aife
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Hi @Dancer

How does this plan sound?

- You could do general knowledge round (non Christmas)
    - @Durhamjaide could do the choose your own topic! round (Christmas)
    - And I could do The Mix Trivia! round

I think that is a great trio personally :3
  • Options
    Sounds like a great idea. I'll just change my questions so there is more of a general variety rather than just questions about TV
  • Options
    @TheMix

We have a plan! :)

@Dancer for general knowledge round (non-Christmas)
    @Durhamjaide for the choose your own topic! round (Christmas)
    And me for The Mix Trivia! round

Now we just all need to direct message you our questions and answers by the 27th December <3
  • Options
    @TheMix I know that I already messaged a set of questions over but I am going to change them as I am now doing General Knowledge rather than choose your own topic
  • Options
    That would be great if you're happy with that @Dancer :)

I look forward to seeing what questions you create!
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Aife wrote: »
    Thank you so much everyone, the quiz is going to be great!

We have @Laura_tigger82 doing The Mix Trivia and @Dancer doing the choose your own topic. Thank you both!

We can definitely do a Christmas themed one @Durhamjaide - I love this idea! Would you like to write the questions for this round and host it?

I don’t know if I’m free but I can send you the questions @Aife and you can host it on my behalf
  • Options
    That sounds fab @Durhamjaide :)
  • Options
    Thank you everyone, this sounds like a great plan! Feel free to send over your questions to @TheMix in a PM. Looking forward to the quiz!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Thanks @Aife. I have :3
  • Options
    Just a reminder that the quiz is this Thursday at 7pm. Hosts, make sure you have the final versions of your questions ready to send to @TheMix in the next couple of days. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder @Mike. I'm all good to go.

Are you ready too @Dancer and @Durhamjaide? I think the quiz will be great fun! :3
  • Options
    Think we've got everyone now @Laura_tigger82. :)

A reminder that this is happening tonight from 7-8pm!
  • Options
    Very excited! :3
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    And we're open - come join us and get your quiz on!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    And I missed it 😂😭 every single time, I say I’m going to set a reminder and I forget 😭😭
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    I hope you all enjoyed the quiz last night! Just posting the quiz results that @Dancer shared over in the group chat break thread. Thank you for writing these up @Dancer!
    I have the results of the quiz. A massive well done to everyone who participated either as a host, round writer or just to join in and have fun. Especially well done to @Apollo and @Laura_tigger82 for being amazing hosts/round writers.

3rd place overall: @Apollo with 4.5 points
    2nd place overall: @Zay with 9.5 points
    Overall winner: @Jellyelephant with 12 points
    Winner of The Mix Trivia: @Jellyelephant
    Winner of General Knowledge: @Jellyelephant
    Winner of Choose Your Own Topic @Zay

Well done everyone!
  • Options
    Aww @Dandelion :/ Hopefully next time!

Thanks @Aife and @Dancer <3