Home Anything Goes
Fill out our Discussion Boards user survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!

General chit chat (OP GreenTea)

SystemSystem Posts: 8,626 Staff Team
edited June 27 in Anything Goes
Hello all.

I'm having bit of a rough night (been a rough day in all honesty) 
Just wanted to start a thread for random chit chat as could use the distraction!
Feel free to join in!

What's everyone done today?

Edit: original post by GreenTea
LiamEmoji246GreenTea

Comments

• LiamLiam mint Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Went on a spontaneous road trip with the parents & Steve 🐶 . Hope you’re okay! 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,516 Legendary Poster
    Ayyy thank you for replying!! 
    Sounds fun! Go anywhere nice or just a drive?

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

edited June 13
    Loch Lomond 😀 ! The sun was shining on the way but started to rain when we got there haha but it was lovely. We spotted some wee bambi and it was nice & quiet 😊
    Aw can't beat a bit of rain though. Love going out in the rain. Less people

Astrid Alauda

Liam
    I agree but our dog hates the rain lol. Have you been up to much today?
    Barely left my room today. Really high anxiety to the point I haven't been able to do much at all. 
    Hence making a thread because I feel alone and struggling tonight

Astrid Alauda

Liam
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,169 Community Veteran
    Sounds like a great idea to make this general chit chat thread. Sometimes chatting to people can be very helpful.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Liam
    I hope the boards are helping take your mind off things a little 
    Kinda. 
    Watching staged on BBC too.
    Just wanted a general chat tbh

Astrid Alauda

edited June 13
    Oohh have no seen that, is it any good? I’m watching modern family 😁
    Who saw the thing with stuff about the Queen earlier?
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    edited June 13
    Liam said:
    Oohh have no seen that, is it any good? I’m watching modern family 😁

It's just background sound tbh lol

Is Morden family good?

Astrid Alauda

Watched a bit of Britain's Got Talent on YouTube earlier. There was one really scary act that Amanda Holden got lured into. She swore.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Who saw the thing with stuff about the Queen earlier?
    Nope
    I'm avoiding all news related things because anxiety

Astrid Alauda

I love modern family @GreenTea . It’s really silly humour but it doesn’t take much to make me laugh anyways haha 

I don’t think I did see anything about the queen Kasa
    Lol @Liam
    Glad you enjoy it

Astrid Alauda

• independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 4,817 The Mix Elder
    Hiya @GreenTea, it’s Elle from chat, I love a good general chit chat and will be up for a while so if you (or anyone) wants a chat I’m here.

I haven’t done much today to be honest just chilling mostly (I like an idiot stayed up till 5am last night watching stupid YouTube videos). I’ve spent the last hour and a half doing that exact same thing because apparently my brain thinks it’s fun.

What are your plans for tomorrow, if you have any? 

I’m also avoiding news stuff it makes me very anxious.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I do that with tiktok! I just lay and watch so much random things!!

Not sure on tomorrow yet. Feeling really deflated so need a plan in place to support myself.

What are you doing tomorrow @independent_ ?

Astrid Alauda

• independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 4,817 The Mix Elder
    GreenTea said:
    I do that with tiktok! I just lay and watch so much random things!!

Not sure on tomorrow yet. Feeling really deflated so need a plan in place to support myself.

What are you doing tomorrow @independent_ ?
    @GreenTea I watch one video then I get into the suggested videos below it and the next thing I know it’s 5 in the bloody morning. Never again, I tell myself - but I bet you I’ll do it again soon enough.

I think I’ll just be doing the same tomorrow, might go for a walk with the dog or something to get me out because as much as I’d like to sit in the house for a week it can’t be good for me really.

What sorts of things help you when you’re feeling like this? Like in terms of what you could do tomorrow?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Think I’m gonna have a lazy day tomorrow ! Netflix & animal crossing 😄
    I need to go shopping and stuff tomorrow but I don't know. It depends on my mood etc 

Astrid Alauda

I think we need some stuff from the shops too.

@Liam I know you’re watching modern family on Netflix, is it any good? I like family shows like that but haven’t seen it yet. My favourite is outnumbered.

Are you watching anything atm @GreenTea?
    @independent_ It’s a little bit cheesy but I’m really enjoying it! Netflix keeps taking it down so I’m trying to binge it before it gets removed again haha 
  • EleanorEleanor Living the Zen life 🧘🏼‍♀️ Posts: 1,161 Wise Owl
    @independent_ Modern Family is soooo good. There's 11 seasons but only 7 on Netflix. I finished the first 7 today and honestly it was the best thing I've watched in ages
    Alis propriis volat 
    Just got Gilmore girls on in the background.

Astrid Alauda

Liam
    @Liam aww sounds like something I might like then ahaha.

Good point about Netflix though, although that said though I have Amazon Prime and it seems to be on there (all of the series) pretty consistently though. 

I’m tempted to start watching something now but that could put me back into the stay up till 5am trap.
    @Eleanor oooo! I’m on S6, do you know where we can watch the other 4 seasons?🤔
    I was going to have an early night tonight but I guess that never happened!
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited June 13
    @independent_ All of modern family seasons are on amazon ? 
    @Liam They're not on Prime and that was the end of my search :joy:
    Alis propriis volat