Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your favourite lyrics/quotes/ anything meaningful (Possible TW)

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    A really powerful thread!

Mine would have to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuaP4YoYPX4
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    Amazing song. The lyrics are really soothing. Thanks for sharing it with us @LorryTruck :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    A really powerful song! Thanks for sharing it with us @LorryTruck <3
  • Options
  • Options
    Great lyrics @LorryTruck :3
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I'm loving, 'I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghosts of you'. A classic from 13 reasons lol, my proper sad song but also beauts xx
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing this song with us @AislingDM :3
  • Options
  • Options
    @LorryTruck - Ah yes! The semi-colon is such a sign of hope. The other one for me is the butterfly. Keep the hope going <3
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    edited January 2022
    I'm living for 'I don't want to rest in peace, I'd rather be the ghost that annoys you' from Skulls by Bastille.
  • Options
    Love the butterfly idea also, as there is that whole thing of 'psyche' meaning butterfly in Ancient Greek and it symbolising the rebirth of one's mind and soul, this is a very cool idea, especially as it reifies the point that we are not just meant to live one kind of life.

monarch-butterfly-grass_4x3.jpg
  • Options
    @Brookee - Thanks for sharing this with us! I have now listened to it. I think it is a great song too. It is particularly great to hear your favourite lyrics :)

@AislingDM - Thanks for sharing the original meaning of the butterfly with us. I knew butterfly stood as a representation of hope. However, I didn’t know the full meaning before you said it! How amazing <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    edited January 2022
    "Be more positive and know you have got this. Ignore the haters, they are not worth it! They are massive farts. "
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    ixodzdlmuwjq.jpg
    9fummd5x2xbc.jpg
    ro1tanmcjmhp.jpeg
    b09m2lb15mey.jpg
    51q6h43nx2xr.jpeg
    reaz3ui6k4dq.png
    obni1kb3pc4g.png
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hi @Dancer

Thanks for sharing these quotes and images with us. The post which I particularly like is Miley Cyrus - The Climb. It is one of my favourite songs of all time. I grew up listening to Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montanna. Do you have a favourite quote or song? :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi @LorryTruck

Thanks for sharing this song recommendation with us. It is great to hear from you. A great song and really meaningful too! How are you today? :)
  • Options
    'Did you get enough love my little dove?' from 4th of July by Sufjan Stevens, I like it because I think you can interpret it in lots of ways, like a child getting enough love from parents, a romantic partner from another, etc... Just beautiful I think and it reminds me to keep thinking am I showing enough love to the people in my life? <3
  • Options
    Hi @AislingDM

Thanks for your song recommendation. It is great to hear how much it means to you. It is clear to see it could mean a lot to many people as it can be interpreted in different ways! You are always more than enough for the right people <3
  • Options
    You're so kind honestly @Laura_tigger82 !! <3 ALSO listening to all my sad slow tunes recently (I'd say that is how I'd sum up my music taste) and LOve the lyrics 'And so i thought I'd let you know, yeah these things take forever, I especially am slow, but i realised that I need you and i wonder if I could come home' in First Day of My Life xxx
  • Options
    Hey @AislingDM

Thanks for your response. I do indeed try to be kind, and I am really glad to hear you think I am! Oh, sad slow tunes can be good. They are really meaningful <3
  • Options