Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Connect four!

Comments

• Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Apollo wrote: »
    Don't step to me in connect 4, I competed in a connect 4 tournament when I was 11.
    I lost instantly but I was there

Woah, didn't know tournaments were a thing, so time I step up my training

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vd55ytr6512g3gfcadz93dj2zbk38pzvgq0o37xf&rid=giphy.gif
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Can we play again please?
  • Options
    Oops only just saw this. Let's go! I need to get my 👑 back!
    8kozlvb4zcyd.png
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    pyvdu8hj9jpx.png

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    p2mvn3jj9ama.png

• Options
  • Options
    I'd like a turn next please. I asked to play again and haven't had a turn yet!
  • Options
  • Options
    All good @LorryTruck, we are only 2 goes in @GreenTea so plenty to go around.

w5qy183656j4.png

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    38luehprz7j9.png

• Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I'd like a turn next... I asked and people still went? :/
    Can I please have a turn next?
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    There are plenty of opportunities to have a go on here so you sometimes just have to be quick to get in there when @Ed_ has a go.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Dancer wrote: »
    There are plenty of opportunities to have a go on here so you sometimes just have to be quick to get in there when @Ed_ has a go.

But everyone used to ask before in previous games and that worked well. I'm not sitting on the boards 24/7. I've been away camping for the past few days.
    I'd just like to have a turn but I asked for one and people still went which really annoyed me because I was polite about it. I enjoy playing this here and I asked to get the thread going again but can't seem to get a turn even when I politely ask for one.... So I'll ask again.

Please can I take the next turn?

@Ed_ can I please be tagged when i can take a turn. Because I'm getting very frustrated with asking and not being acknowledged
  • Options
    @GreenTea think it can be a case of people not seeing and the thread can move pretty quickly, particularly as I didn't make it clear. For sure, you can have the next go, but it is important to remember that this is a game for the whole community to play, and so the aim will always be to make sure that everyone gets a chance to be involved, irrespective of who asked for the particular round to start. It may be frustrating to miss out on the last couple of goes, but as I said previously, there will be plenty of chances for everyone, so best to stay patient.

If people have requested turns, I will tag them on the thread, however if you can't see a tag, consider it fair game to have a go without checking 👍

0y9yu828fw3l.png

• Options
    edited July 2021
    @Ed_ but it worked fine previous games that when people asked for the next turn, that was respected so why is it an issue now?
    Just thought it's polite a respectful to acknowledge someone asking for a turn. Clearly I'm mistaken.

That also pushes away community members who attend work/school through out the day because if they miss the tag by a little while and someone else goes, it's not fair on people who have commitments
  • Options
  • Options
    r9cjs0lan3ec.png

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    2g12epjbdm6x.png

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    8 B)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    You sure on that one @Zen

• Options
    We're red aren't we?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    yep :)

• Options
    I'm sensing that's not a good move

giphy.gif
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Are you messing with me?? :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    I could be wrong, maybe I have missed something...
    cfda7rfduz3v.png