Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General chit chat

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @Liam aww sounds like it could get awkward but good that they're all your pals. I had no real friends at school so dread to think who I'd have been put in a bubble with ;) I thought masks were mandatory/meant to be being enforced now?

Yeah you're right they're all trying their best. My sister said that the college (which I went to last year) has loads of measures in place such as one way systems and masks on etc. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie awww that made me cheesy smile :smiley: ... I was feeling slightly down earlier and that totally cheered me up, thank you so much for that. 

And incase no one has told you today..

The Mix wouldn't be the same if you weren't around. I think that you're incredibly strong, even though you have been through so much ..you always seem to just find a way to crack on and that is totally awesome and inspiring. You're lovely, don't change for anyone :)

Goodnight buddy
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aww you guys😭😭😭 <3 nice to go to sleep feeling the love and The positive vibes  <3  😊💕💕💕
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @GreenTea Yes, only once as we walk through the school gates though and they dont always do it lol. @independent_ nah its not mandatory... some folk dont like wearing masks and kick up a fuss so they're saying if you feel comfortable wearing one, please do but if not then no bother.. i think thats fair.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ah fair enough. I know some kids try to make themselves warmer so they can go home lol
    Everyone on here is amazing. 

We've all been through a lot but somehow find a way to get through every day and keep strong. Sometimes it's really hard and I know I don't really know how I do it sometimes. But everyone here is so supportive and kind as well, I've never really seen a group of such genuine nice people until I joined here. 

<3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @liam that's exactly what I've said in the past about The Mix not feeling the same when @Shaunie isn't around 😭♥️
    Aha I always worry when I get my temperature taken that it's gonna come up high because of how nervous I get when I get it done hahaha 
    Aha I always worry when I get my temperature taken that it's gonna come up high because of how nervous I get when I get it done hahaha 

I check my daily and have done since February and had a temp of 39.2 or something lol i was really poorly but it really scared me so ever since I check literally every day
    edited September 2020
    @Salix_alba_2019 I always look out for @Shaunie 's posts. She really does have a massive, positive impact on the community, more than she probably even realises.
    @GreenTea oh goodness that is scary, I'm honestly glad I don't own a thermometer or heart rate monitor or anything like that aha cause I'd be checking it constantly
    Yh was really scary as I know high temperatures can trigger serious health issues so now I'm always so paranoid about my temperature lol.
    I've learnt what my average body temp is though
    Everyone who is here has such an impact. Kindness and support is so appreciated <3 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @liam Absolutely ❤️
    @GreenTea my partner has one of those watches which measures your heart rate, I wore it once to check my heart rate and watched it going up and up and up for about 5 minutes hahahah
    @GreenTea my partner has one of those watches which measures your heart rate, I wore it once to check my heart rate and watched it going up and up and up for about 5 minutes hahahah

Lol I have one of them and then brought one you put on your finger because I noticed my Fitbit was picking up my heart rate as 55 beats per minute sometimes lower, occasionally and I thought my Fitbit was broken..turns out it's not lol. My heart rate just likes to drop now and again. It's odd
    i had a watch that did  that :lol: but i also have a dodgy heart so it gave me major worries :lol:
    Yh it's made me question a visit to a medical professional about my heart lol. I do question a lot of what it does and pains I get 😂🤦‍♀️
    My heart rate can get very high so I would freak out if I checked it and then it would get higher because I was freaking out about it being high lol 
    I'm hoping once my new watches come, I can remove the Fitbit to my ankle so I don't become so focus on my heart rate 
    edited September 2020
    I have a leaking heart valve (despite having it "fixed" 2 times now :lol: ) and whenever i open my mouth, you can hear ticking and its literally just the sound of my heart beating, my mouths like a speaker :lol: i had to take it off, i got too stressy lol
    Oh damn, sounds intense
    My partner's watch has a little exercise goal thing and one time it completed the exercise goal and he had hardly moved all day, it was hilarious 
    nah, i barely notice it :lol: i just get pains every now and again lol
    edited September 2020
    Haha thats funny. 
    I like to see how much I walk and the miles I collect up just at work. Sometimes you find yourself doing 4 miles, just from spending the day on support in corridors lol
    ohhhh i didnt notice the time :open_mouth: i best go sleep. Night guys ! <3
    Sleep well Liam
    It was funny, we were trying to work out how on earth he'd completed it sitting on the couch all day lol. 

My mum has an app on her phone which she switches on whenever she goes out for a walk, it tracks where she goes, miles, steps, time, hills, etc. It's great, she loves seeing all the data. 
    Goodnight @Liam, sleep well and have a good day tomorrow 
    Yh I have it on my phone too but don't always carry my phone