Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That would be cool shaunie. Make the most of it. Not sure how driving lessons are functioning at the moment because of covid. But it's worth learning. Lots more job opportunities open up when you drive
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    My friend just put me off driving tho. She got a car. Iceland van crashed into it. Now she’s like 2.5k in debt causes of the car and insurance going up
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea I will definitely let you know :) thank you !! Aha friction burns are the worst. I actually remember very clearly the day I could no longer fit on my childhood plastic slide, that was a sad day.

Love the positivity that goes around here, it’s so amazing!!

I’m absolutely shattered lol. But mum loved her present :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Hiya independent 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I wish I could drive. But unfortunately I am not able to for a couple reasons. Would be the best thing ever, I watch people like my sister driving around everywhere and I wish I could haha
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I wish I could drive. But unfortunately I am not able to for a couple reasons. Would be the best thing ever, I watch people like my sister driving around everywhere and I wish I could haha
    Same 😩 I’m fed up of being a bus wanker
  • Options
    Apparently nice weather today. Shame I’m too depressed to move
  • Options
    Buses are actually making me very very anxious at the moment so haven’t been on one for quite a long time. So I’m basically stuck in the house unless I can get mum to give me a lift or get an (expensive) taxi haha. It’s not a good way to live but buses I can’t do right now 
  • Options
    Buses are actually making me very very anxious at the moment so haven’t been on one for quite a long time. So I’m basically stuck in the house unless I can get mum to give me a lift or get an (expensive) taxi haha. It’s not a good way to live but buses I can’t do right now 
    Aw yeah. Since corona
  • Options
    They were an issue before corona but more so since.

I do hope the weather stays nice today. It’s not raining, that’s a bonus any day 
  • Options
    Are you doing anything today?
  • Options
    Don’t think so, celebrating mum’s birthday. The only person who’s any good at baking in this house is mum...she might be making her own cake. That sounds sad but she enjoys baking that much lol. 

How about you 
  • Options
    Aww that’s cute lol

i need to collect my meds which really cba doing so annoying having to do it every week. Then might try to apply for job
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I've always had issues with public transport (even before the pandemic)
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie
     LMAO nooooo not a bus wanker , made me laugh so hard OMG
  • Options
    @Shaunie what kind of job are you gonna apply for?

@C99 me too honestly, it’s always been a place which has given me a lot of anxiety but since the pandemic it’s 10 x worse 
  • Options
    One day just one day I will be able to drive past the bus wankers 😩😂😂

And it’s a peer support worker job
  • Options
    @Shaunie
     HOWLINGGGG
  • Options
    @Shaunie that job sounds great :) would suit you very well 
  • Options
    How are you doing @Salix_alba_2019?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I fit down the slide. Was great lol went to fast but because it was a curly slide I bashed myself. One of them tunnel slides
  • Options
    Not being able to fit on most slides is not fair lol, I miss being a kid
  • Options
    How are you doing @Salix_alba_2019?
    I'm okay, just trying to figgure out whether to go for that walk or not. I've got a few bits a bobs to do this morning so I might do those things first. 

How are you going today and what have you got planned @independent_?

• Options
    Not being able to fit on most slides is not fair lol, I miss being a kid

Find a tunnel slide, adults can fit lol just be fully covered because friction burn hurrs
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    @Aidan we can always do a part two 😉

I'll start, dear Adain you are... Aidan 🤪♥️
    I'll take that as a compliment :lol: cheers m8!

You're very cleverer and clearly have a weird a good sense of humour!
    Shhhhhh no spek, tek complipent. Am very smort indeed. Very good I am @Adont 😌
  • Options
    I loved slides as a kid. @Aidan I don’t think I’ve seen a slide like that? Hmm they definitely didn’t have them at the parks when I was little. 

@Salix_alba_2019 I’m alright thanks, not much planned for today. 

We’ve just got a new router for our internet. So far it seems...alright (knock on wood)
  • Options
    @independent_
     you've just reminded me to contact our internet provider lol!
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 is your internet rubbish too? Mine is just about working now that we’ve had a few things done to it (a new cable, new socket, and now new router etc) but I apparently still can’t stream a TV show without it buffering lol 
  • Options
    Ah ffs went for a nap. Now I think I’ve had my 12 hours of sleep today
    will probably nap again later lol. My family asking me how I do it. Idek haha
  • Options
    i need a nap lol