Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Hey @Kasa2103 how are you how was school 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Must admit the toasted bites from subway are so good 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My friction burn still hurts
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Salix_alba_2019 is your internet rubbish too? Mine is just about working now that we’ve had a few things done to it (a new cable, new socket, and now new router etc) but I apparently still can’t stream a TV show without it buffering lol 
    Omg it's so bad that they won't even charge us a cancellation fee lol
  • Options
    So fucking happy
  • Options
    @independent_ guess whatttt
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Hey @Kasa2103 how are you how was school 
    Thank you for noticing that I exist! :) School was okay but still been feeling quite alone and a bit like everyone in my year is against me. Managed to speak to my student support officer today.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Should of gone for a wee before I left work 😂 I need a happy wee
  • Options
    @GreenTea WHATTTTT!!! Sound like you’ve had some brilliant news!!!

@Kasa2103 aww I’m really glad you managed to speak to student officer. Are they helpful? I hate feeling like everyone is against me, it’s a lonely place. 

@Salix_alba_2019 oh wow!! That is pretty bad lol, well ours is absolutely awful too but they still like to charge as much as they can!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I've been relocated at work, into an area I'm extremely happier and I'm honestly so happy about it.  The team are better, the atmosphere is better etc. 
    Mentally I'm better in this new area. 

Basically they listened!!! They listened and moved me to suit my needs!! @independent_
  • Options
    Oh @GreenTea that really is wonderful news!! I’m so glad they listened to you and that they’re supporting you!! That’s really amazing! <3 
  • Options
    Oh @GreenTea that really is wonderful news!! I’m so glad they listened to you and that they’re supporting you!! That’s really amazing! <3 

It's made my day lol. Little bit annoyed because I did a lot ready for this year, so I'll have to do it all again
  • Options
    He was helpful and kind when I went to go and speak to him. There are some good safety measures in his shared office area. There is a screen between him and any student that he is talking to. And there is social distancing between him and the student support officer that he shares an office with although she wasn't in there at the time. Plus all unnecessary chairs and stuff has been moved away to keep social distancing possible.
  • Options
    @GreenTea I’m so pleased you got that sorted. Bit of a pain about having to do everything again but it will be so much better in the long run!

@Kasa2103 I’m really glad to hear he was helpful. It sounds like they’re working hard to keep everyone safe in terms of social distancing. It’s good that you have someone you can go and speak to at school because I know how difficult a place school is for you sometimes 
  • Options
    I’m loving all the positivity at the moment, good news, positive messages etc <3 
  • Options
    Yh I'm so happy lol
  • Options
    It really is fantastic!! @GreenTea

I wish I had some positivity of my own but I’ve spent today lying doing very little hahaha 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry don’t have any good news. I’ve just brang my depressed self. But I do have a doggy with me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie I don’t have any good news either but dogs are the best!! Mine will be up jumping all over us for his dinner very very soon 
  • Options
    @Shaunie I don’t have any good news either but dogs are the best!! Mine will be up jumping all over us for his dinner very very soon 
    Cuteee 😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Just had a 10 minute phone call with my mum about it. It's made her day that I'm happier at work
  • Options
    @Shaunie he is adorable when he does it lol.

@GreenTea aww <3 that’s great!!
  • Options
    I'm more flexible for job opportunities now, working with wider age ranges
  • Options
    That’s good to hear green tea
  • Options
    I think they are trying to keep me because they know I'm looking for new jobs
  • Options
    Shows how much they value you @GreenTea I’m so pleased for you 
  • Options
    Thank you!! To celebrate my happiness, it's an ice cold flavour water and a bag of skips 😂
  • Options
    That’s a great way to celebrate. Enjoy!! 
  • Options
    Heck yeh!