Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Really struggling with being in self isolation 😩
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    i have had to contact young minds because been feeling low and sad, I've contacted them because of this girl upsets me. I've not had a reply from them yet.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I hate how different the city feels. It's just so empty and everyone is keeping far away from each other. 
    Walking to work and it just feels so strange .
    I wish thing were back to normal
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Should be going away today to pride and for a wee holiday, clearly not happening 😭😭
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    It's been so long since I really talked to anyone face to face (other than family) and I feel so lonely. I don't really have much chance for social interaction generally I feel its just gonna get worse from here. Maybe I need to just learn to enjoy my own company more, but its hard to like get quiet and into something when parents around. 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Like everyone, I think I'm feeling more of the long-term and wider impacts of lockdown and the virus. Some days are good and some are a challenge, and the difficult days are easier with good self-care. Sometimes though, things are just a bit rubbish and I remind myself it's okay to feel what I feel. This too shall pass.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Lockdown is really getting to me now :( I don’t know how much longer I can cope being cooped up in the house . It’s making my anxiety so much more worse I’m even having panic attacks at work now and it’s affecting me so much.
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Wish health professional will stop speaking about lockdown to me like its why i feel so shit. It has nothing to do with it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    The scales say I've gain so much weight since lockdown😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie said:
    Wish health professional will stop speaking about lockdown to me like its why i feel so shit. It has nothing to do with it
    Is it possible that lockdown is a contributing factor, @Shaunie? Even if it's not the tangible reason for the way you feel, we're all dealing with a lot of background emotion at the moment which tends to pile up.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    @Mike
    Maybe right.  i mean when think about it. i gues not having much control & feeling restricted & staying at home overthinking everythint isnt the best for anyone & the General stress of it.so maybe. Dk hard to tell
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Looks like primark/gov are not paying me this month and not sure why. Idk if should contact them or
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    @Shaunie definitely contact them I’d say.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Oh no. Just had phone call with manager. Going back on 13th Wont be open to customers on 13 but jobs to do and induction of how things will be like
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    I feel like I'm one of the only ones who hasn't minded lockdown, it's definitely been beneficial for my mental health to take a break from school and my GCSE exams.  :3

I wonder what our new normal will look like..  :s
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Extremely disappointed in my city. Walking home through town and it's rammed with people, just as busy as the Christmas market and I've seen very few people wearing masks, people in lines not social distancing.
    Hello second spike
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Its 50% off for NHS workers in sportsndirect so my sister asked if want anything and look before they go. Went there and que was massive so didnt go in
  • Options
    So it's now ok to fuck off on a plane to spain for a holiday but it's not ok to catch a train and go see my family. 
    Fucking stupid arse. If it's not safe to see family why the fuck is it safe for people to fuck off to Spain for s Holiday?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea my understanding is that now from the 4th July in England it’s ok to go to someone else’s house so long as you stay 1m+ apart. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea my understanding is that now from the 4th July in England it’s ok to go to someone else’s house so long as you stay 1m+ apart. 

Yep you can
    But the first holiday flights to Spain were Today. Why did that come first? It's wrong 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    My ears are irritated from wearing the masks, what do I do to help? 

• Options
    @Salix_alba_2019
    Slide hair grips into your hair behind your ears and attach the mask to them. I've seen a few people do this
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    @Salix_alba_2019
    Slide hair grips into your hair behind your ears and attach the mask to them. I've seen a few people do this

@GreenTea good idea, I'll give it a go next I'm out  ;)

• Options
    Went shopping today and the amount of people without masks on who also proceed to keep pushing past me was fucking ridiculous 
  • Options
    Finally wearing face masks will be required by law in shops. I’m going to feel even more hot when working in primark but will make my embarrassing problem Make me less paranoid 
  • Options
    Can’t believe no mask is treading on Twitter just wear the mask or if can’t wear a visor
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I have three patterned face masks that I’ve been wearing throughout lockdown and at work. Now they’re making it mandatory, my sister who works for the same company as me but in a different store says they aren’t allowing them to wear patterned masks only plain colours. I really hope it’s not the same in my store I really don’t want to have to go and buy more masks now just in a plain colour 😡😢
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    I have three patterned face masks that I’ve been wearing throughout lockdown and at work. Now they’re making it mandatory, my sister who works for the same company as me but in a different store says they aren’t allowing them to wear patterned masks only plain colours. I really hope it’s not the same in my store I really don’t want to have to go and buy more masks now just in a plain colour 😡😢
    My manager said we are only allowed to wear disposable ones  and material is less affective 
    but apparently shop workers won’t need to be wearing the masks just customers that makes no sense and will cause problems like oh why you telling me to wear one when you ain’t even wearing one
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    My manager said we are only allowed to wear disposable ones  and material is less affective 
    but apparently shop workers won’t need to be wearing the masks just customers that makes no sense and will cause problems like oh why you telling me to wear one when you ain’t even wearing one
    That’s so weird how different stores are having different rules my uni store is happy for us to wear whatever we want but as I’m transferring to my home store now they make us wear just plain colours, or the ones they provide 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Getting sick and tired of being shouted at, verbally attacked and moaned at for not always wearing a mask. Its so Fucking hard to wear one, it's like some people just don't give a shit about the fact others have illnesses/ truama related around masks. Like last night I went to co op and I tried to wear a mask but I just massively panicked and took it off. The worker could see I was in distress but a member of the public called me stupid.
    I have asthma and massive anxiety. Having something over my face makes me feel so anxious and Im trying so Fucking hard to wear a mask for the sake of others people, but it's not Fucking easy and made harder by verbal abuse.

This isn't a rant about anyone here, just to clarify. It's a rant because I can't even walk down the high street without being tutted at..or a couple of days ago, some guy was taking photos of all those without a mask on and it was horrible and uncomfortable.
    I literally don't ever want to go to a shop again or get the train to my friends