Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Post of the Month - April!

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
edited May 2020 in General Chat
Hey everyone! :)

'On the second month of lockdown, my true love gave to me...'

Another month, another POTM! Hope you're all safe and well, and adjusting/coping okay with lockdown life. Just a reminder that The Mix has set up a forum on Coronavirus for advice, support, and all that jazz. There's also lots of efforts to set up cool activities on here for you guys, such as 'Who Wants to Be a Mixillionaire?', so much love to all those setting these up - do check them out! While lots of people are going through difficult times, the amazing members on here continue to give great support to others - it's honestly one of the most wonderful things about the community here, and we want to show our appreciation for it. That being said, it's time to vote on your favourite Post of the Month!

What is Post of the Month?

For those of you who aren't familiar with Post of the Month, each month you can nominate threads and replies you've seen on the boards. We then put up a poll and the reply with the most votes wins Post of the Month.

You can nominate a post by flagging it, selecting Report, and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason. It can really make someone's day to know that their comment was so appreciated that they're considered for this, so if you see a post that was particularly helpful, inspiring, moving... be sure to nominate it and spread that love around! <3

Before we share the nominations for this vote, we again want to acknowledge how brave each and every one of you is for reaching out for support. This takes so much courage and we're so proud of you all - this place wouldn't be the same with you <3

The Nominees...

1. Han93 - On Bullying

Han93 said:
Heya @Kasa2103

Sending you so many hugs <3 I just want you to know that we are here for you and will always listen. You should be so proud of yourself for speaking out about these horrible experiences you have been through. I think @Shaunie is completely right - you are not the problem, you seem like a really lovely, kind, genuine person. There is no excuse for bullying and it says more about the bullies than it does about you.

We have got a few articles about bullying that might be useful for you to have a read of:
https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/beat-bullying-6285.html
https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/expert-chat-bullying-15348.html
https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/body-image-and-self-esteem/how-to-handle-body-shaming-32324.html

I hope some of these help <3

2. Shaunie - On Bullying

Shaunie said:
Hey Kasa,

I am glad you posted <3. Not a burden at all. Thank you for being able to share it all here!

There isnt ever a reason for someone being bullied only ever a reason that theyre bullying people. Cause youre not the problem - they must be dealing with something and need to sort that out but should never hurt anyone else.  No matter what you look like, how many friends you have - you are  unique, and you have your own personality and apperarence. And every person is worthy and adds something to the world and youre not any of those things. No one has the right to call you ugly, i dont need to look at you to know youre not cause you have your own unique features!

It is understandable to have a lack of confidence and self esteem - and its horrible you feel so shit because of the shitty things other people say. It takes real corage just to get through everyday and ive never been through bullying -(apart from to myself )- and i cant cope with that let alone others saying horrible stuff with me. Its really admiring to see how strong you are. 

What i did notice was that you say " or atleast i Feel like those bad things" or "you may disagree". I actually like reading that bit cause youre slightly seperating what theyre saying from facts. Just because they say it - it doesnt mean it is facts or that you should think that or that other would think that. 

Take care of yourself even when others arent very caring. You deserve care <3

3. Millie2787 - On Getting Going on Difficult Days

Millie2787 said:
Hey Shaunie :) 

Sometimes when we’ve had a difficult few days waking up can be really difficult. Do you ‘now what about being alive makes you feel like that or is it just a feeling in general?

How do you feel about doing your interview over video chat ? I think you would be really good and have a good chance of getting the job and even if you don’t it will give you the chance to gain some more experience in having interviews. <3 

Have you had a look to see if there are any other jobs for PSW going closer to home for you ?

Do let us know how your video interview goes if you decide to go for it 

massive hugs ❤️

4. Millie2787 and Abigail - On Managing Coronavirus as a carer

Millie2787 said:

As a carer both Myself and @Abigail understand how much of a stressful time this can be, for both you and your family members that you care for. So we have come up with a few tips and tricks on how to manage Coronavirus as a carer.

I’m sure you’ve all heard how we need to protect the vulnerable and you may be thinking that just means your family members but that includes YOU too , so our first tip of the day is to; 

1. Remember self care is just as important for you too - right now you may be focusing on ensuring that your family members have the things they need but don’t  forget that you need to ensure that you are taking time for you. This could be anything from sitting down to do some mediation , do a face mask or even having a film and popcorn evening with family members.

Next me and abi both identified that a lot of you right now will be providing lists of emotional support during the these tough times especially if you family members have mental health issues in particular anxiety or if they have a weekend immune system but it’s also important you look after your own mental well-being. So your second tip of the day is ;

1.  Reach out for support if things feel overwhelming - you could reach out to friends , a trusted adult (this could be one of your Carers key workers ) or a support community like here or other places such as Carers trust and Carers UK.

Furthermore, there is the team here at The Mix who are here to support you when ever you need it. Some further selfcare tips which might help are:

• Gaming - Mario Kart, GTA, ect. 
  • Do some self-care such as paint your nails, go for a bath, face masks, ect. 
  • Reading 
  • The Happiness Planner - they have some great printable's and Quotes which might help you through this difficult time.

If you would like any further support or would like to share a tip you might have share them with us and together we will get through this pandemic.

Sending you all so much strength and supporting during this time :) 

Get voting below! 

~ Azziman <3

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Post of the Month - April! 10 votes

Han93 - On Bullying
20% 2 votes
Shaunie - On Bullying
10% 1 vote
Millie2787 - On Getting Going on Difficult Days
0% 0 votes
Millie2787 and Abigail - On Managing Coronavirus as a carer
70% 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inadie knowing that someone though mine and Abi article was good enough to be nominated ... it really does mean a lot to us both 💓
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inadie knowing that someone though mine and Abi article was good enough to be nominated ... it really does mean a lot to us both 💓
    All of the nominations were absolutely amazing. We appreciate you so much.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey all! At the end of the polls, @Millie2787 and @Abigail take it with a resounding win! A really great post from the both of you, congratulations! Post of the Month badges should be on their way to you soon! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Big well done to everyone else nominated too 💪
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Well done everyone who got nominated for post of the month and especially congratulations to @Millie2787 and @Abigail for the amazing young carers thing. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Nice one you two! Well deserved. And as @GreenTea said, well done to the other nominations too.

@Abigail looks like you already have the badge and @Millie2787 you should have it now. :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.