Managing Coronavirus as a carer
As a carer both Myself and @Abigail understand how much of a stressful time this can be, for both you and your family members that you care for. So we have come up with a few tips and tricks on how to manage Coronavirus as a carer.
I’m sure you’ve all heard how we need to protect the vulnerable and you may be thinking that just means your family members but that includes YOU too , so our first tip of the day is to;
- Remember self care is just as important for you too - right now you may be focusing on ensuring that your family members have the things they need but don’t forget that you need to ensure that you are taking time for you. This could be anything from sitting down to do some mediation , do a face mask or even having a film and popcorn evening with family members.
Next me and abi both identified that a lot of you right now will be providing lists of emotional support during the these tough times especially if you family members have mental health issues in particular anxiety or if they have a weekend immune system but it’s also important you look after your own mental well-being. So your second tip of the day is ;
- Reach out for support if things feel overwhelming - you could reach out to friends , a trusted adult (this could be one of your Carers key workers ) or a support community like here or other places such as Carers trust and Carers UK.
Furthermore, there is the team here at The Mix who are here to support you when ever you need it. Some further selfcare tips which might help are:
- Gaming - Mario Kart, GTA, ect.
- Do some self-care such as paint your nails, go for a bath, face masks, ect.
- The Happiness Planner - they have some great printable's and Quotes which might help you through this difficult time.
If you would like any further support or would like to share a tip you might have share them with us and together we will get through this pandemic.
Sending you all so much strength and supporting during this time