Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Managing Coronavirus as a carer

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing

As a carer both Myself and @Abigail understand how much of a stressful time this can be, for both you and your family members that you care for. So we have come up with a few tips and tricks on how to manage Coronavirus as a carer.

I’m sure you’ve all heard how we need to protect the vulnerable and you may be thinking that just means your family members but that includes YOU too , so our first tip of the day is to; 

1. Remember self care is just as important for you too - right now you may be focusing on ensuring that your family members have the things they need but don’t  forget that you need to ensure that you are taking time for you. This could be anything from sitting down to do some mediation , do a face mask or even having a film and popcorn evening with family members.

Next me and abi both identified that a lot of you right now will be providing lists of emotional support during the these tough times especially if you family members have mental health issues in particular anxiety or if they have a weekend immune system but it’s also important you look after your own mental well-being. So your second tip of the day is ;

1.  Reach out for support if things feel overwhelming - you could reach out to friends , a trusted adult (this could be one of your Carers key workers ) or a support community like here or other places such as Carers trust and Carers UK.

Furthermore, there is the team here at The Mix who are here to support you when ever you need it. Some further selfcare tips which might help are:

• Gaming - Mario Kart, GTA, ect. 
  • Do some self-care such as paint your nails, go for a bath, face masks, ect. 
  • Reading 
  • The Happiness Planner - they have some great printable's and Quotes which might help you through this difficult time.

If you would like any further support or would like to share a tip you might have share them with us and together we will get through this pandemic.

Sending you all so much strength and supporting during this time :) 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey :heart:

This is such a great thread- thank you for starting it. :heart:

All the links look super helpful too. 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.