Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chats this week (08/12-12/12)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited December 2019 in Community Announcements
Evening folks,

Here's our current chat schedule for the week ahead. :) Usual setup.

Sunday 8th December
General Chat
Support Chat

Monday 9th December
General Chat
Support Chat

Tuesday 10th December
General Chat
Support Chat
Support Circle

Wednesday 11th December
General Chat
Support Chat

Thursday 12th December
General Chat
Support Chat

Saturday 14th December
[NEW] Under 16's Support Chat

Support Chat (8-9.30pm): A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. 

General Chat (8.9.30pm): A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. 

Support Circle (7.55-9.30pm): Support Circle is a Support Chat of no more than 6 people, where everyone takes it in turns to share while the rest of the group listens. We have places for people who want to come and get support or attend as listeners. You can sign-up here.

[NEW] Under 16's Support Chat (6:00-7:30pm): We're piloting a new form of Under 16's Support Chat. Find all the information for that here.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

The Mix team :star:
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    @The Mix Is the U16s chat on on Saturday?
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Just so you know, chatwee is down
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Looks like we don't have any chat tonight. It says "502 Bad Gateway." Why today? 😭
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    @The Mix Is the U16s chat on on Saturday?
    I am not sure if Italia saw the pm I sent a couple of weeks ago about the thing about 14th December. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Kasa2103 said:
    Looks like we don't have any chat tonight. It says "502 Bad Gateway." Why today? 😭

It's been like it for hours which is why I posted ages ago Hoping the mix would notice 
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:

It's been like it for hours which is why I posted ages ago Hoping the mix would notice 
    But @The Mix are not usually online on Sundays. Or if anyone is, usually just for a little bit of the day. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Chats down, getting a bad gateway
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Sadly I highly doubt that chat will be running tonight. I will post a general chat discussion if it doesn't fix itself in the next 20 minutes. 
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:

But @The Mix are not usually online on Sundays. Or if anyone is, usually just for a little bit of the day. 

Sometimes they are to send DMs and there are mods on the boards who can contact people... 
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:

Sometimes they are to send DMs and there are mods on the boards who can contact people... 
    True. Sorry for being wrong.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @Kasa2103 no need to be sorry for being wrong! it can be confusing whos on and isn't on :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    @Kasa2103 no need to be sorry for being wrong! it can be confusing whos on and isn't on :)
    Exactly. 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I was going to start a general chat thread if that is something people would want :heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Stephanie said:
    I was going to start a general chat thread if that is something people would want :heart: 
    Yes please. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Why only ever a general chat thread- why never a support thread?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Do remember if you need to reach out there's other services
    Samaritans- 116 123

Shaunie said:
    Stephanie has only had general chat training and she is the one who offered to make a discussion.
    Shaunie said:

There's the hugs thread and rant thread available if you need support, you could always posts your own thread too! Hope you are ok
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2019
    oh
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for flagging that Chat is down. Sorry we don't have any staff on today so missed your message @GreenTea. We have had a look and unfortunately it looks like all of Chatwee is down at the moment with no sign of it being back online soon so we will be cancelling chat tonight. 

Hopefully it will be up and running for tomorrow night. In the meantime if you need support, you speak to our team via our helpline webchat or on 0800 800 4994, or message crisis messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258

@Stephanie has kindly offered to run a general chat thread.  - Have fun and we will be in touch tomorrow.

Thanks
    Italia & The Team. 

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    @The Mix it's literally been down all day. Seems like there's been a massive outage on everything all weekend. Discord went down, Instagram, twitter died for a few moments at one point
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I've just updated this thread with the information for tonight's Under 16's Chat. Realised we didn't include it before. :)

GreenTea said:
    @The Mix it's literally been down all day. Seems like there's been a massive outage on everything all weekend. Discord went down, Instagram, twitter died for a few moments at one point
    Thanks for this @GreenTea. So weird! Fingers crossed for the next few days...

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    I've just updated this thread with the information for tonight's Under 16's Chat. Realised we didn't include it before. :)

GreenTea said:
    Thanks for this @GreenTea. So weird! Fingers crossed for the next few days...

Discord posted on twitter it was to do with Google servers or something so idk if that just caused everything to meltdown lol