Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Say something nice about yourself!

2»

Comments

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    @Evelyn360 That's always a must!

I really liked the way I did my makeup the other day  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Well done @Shaunie for going to work this weekend
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Can't think of anything.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2019
    I'm being kinder to myself on my unproductive or difficult days.

Kasa2103 said:
    Can't think of anything.
    I can! Can always rely on @Kasa2103 to make me laugh with a random comment. :tongue:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’m working really hard on getting my attendance back up and for the first time since coming back after half term I’ve done a full week at college 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Mike said:
    I'm being kinder to myself on my unproductive or difficult days.

Kasa2103 said:
    Can't think of anything.
    I can! Can always rely on @Kasa2103 to make me laugh with a random comment. :tongue:
    Umm thanks. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Earlier my mentor told me that I have a kind heart.
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    I am kind😂 there you go
    Nothing. Not even what @Mike said
  • molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    I like that with everything I’ve been through I’ve matured, I’ve learnt not to be quick to judge and be more understanding of people’s circumstances. And that people feel they can come to me when they need help/support :) 
    I'm feeling good about myself today. :)
    No. Nothing. I am stupid, ugly, irrelevant and shy.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Kasa2103 said:
    No. Nothing. I am stupid, ugly, irrelevant and shy.
    I've said this before but i'll say it again, you are strong, brave and resilient, you are smart, like really smart. 'beauty is not a state of body, but a state of mind' you may be shy, but whats wrong with that? I used to be SO shy, and still am in some cases, but my confidence has grown so much and yours can too <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited April 2020
    I'm pretty good at giving myself the time and space I need, when I need it. I haven't entirely gotten past the internal conflict and occasional guilt about doing it yet, but at least I do it. :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Despite some relapses in self harm. I am really trying to get better
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
    Idk for me, probably staying strong this year when my dad was ill in hospital, or that I like to help people.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films