Home Anything Goes Positivity Corner
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Say something nice about yourself!

ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m deadEngland 🏠Posts: 11,271 An Original Mixlorian
Think we are missing a self love thread.  self love is definetly important and think we can all soemtimes be too harsh on ourselves so wanted a place where we can be kinder to ourselves. 

Say something nice about yourself - From all the qualities you have or saying something about your appearance.. ect <3 all deserve to love yourself😊

So I’ll start by just saying - even though half the time I don’t feel like it - id say I’m pretty strong to go through all the struggles I have done/am going through. (something I can say to everyone reading this too) 

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
Tagged:
Kathleen07AifeLucy307Past UserAidanButterfly23Jade09

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,935 Extreme Poster
    Good thread :)

Well... I like my eyebrows and eyelashes - they're full and admittedly pretty great so I don't need any mascara or eyebrow pencils lol xD

Can't think of anything else right now ha, looking forward to seeing other's replies.
    ShaunieAidan
  • Lucy307Lucy307 UKPosts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Brilliant thread! 

I'm proud of who I have become as I've grown up. I've made some awful choices and been through a lot but just as you said, @Shaunie, I'm proud of my strength to keep going :smile:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    ShaunieAidan
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,271 An Original Mixlorian
    I must have a lot of patience to work at primark. Even the thought of walking through it when not working stresses me out
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
    Aidan
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,640 Boards Champion
    It's stressful going into primarni to shop, never mind working there you must have the patience of a saint!
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    Shaunie
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,408 Boards Champion
    I'm a fairly kind person I like to think ❤

And still a child at heart 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
    ShaunieAidan
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,597 Community Veteran
    I’m somone who tries to spread positivity wherever she is 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    ShaunieLaineAidanDurhamjaide
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,408 Boards Champion
    I handled yesterday really bleddy well I think.  I got through it all and I honestly had a good time :)  xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
    ShaunieAidan
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,535 Community Veteran
    Bringing this thread back cause I feel it's so important <3 

something nice about me... I like how my makeup looked today :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    ShaunieAidan
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,271 An Original Mixlorian
    edited April 2019
    This thread is defintly the hardest one ahh. Not good with compliments let alone compliments from myself ahah

I like the colour of my nails lol

Aidan
    I liked my makeup yesterday 

gosh I agree with @shaunie it’s really hard to do 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Aidan
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,935 Extreme Poster
    I agree with you two. I don't like complimenting myself. Lol.

Uh... I'm a fairly good piano player. And I get told positive stuff about me often so maybe it's true (probs not).
    Aidan
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,324 The Mix Elder
    I have a good taste in music.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Aidan
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,916 Community Manager
    Absolutely love this thread idea. :) 

I'm a calm and considered person and, although I always forget, I've worked hard and taken a lot of risks to be in the position I am today.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    ShaunieAidan
    I like how caring I am, currently making a self-care/distraction box for my friend who's struggling in hospital :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    ShaunieAidan
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,640 Boards Champion
    edited April 2019
    It is actually pretty hard to compliment yourself isn't it? I never focus on the positives because they're just 'there' or I don't believe them, but I always look at the negatives because that's the stuff that isn't fixed yet, the stuff that needs working on.

I'm honest, learn from my mistakes, and don't back down because I'm scared. And when sometimes I'm not all those things, when what I face is tougher than I am- and it will always happen to everyone sometimes- I'll still be able to say truthfully that I gave it my all. For as long as tomorrow keeps coming, I'll try again tomorrow.
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    Shaunie
    I am doing so great to keep going to training 
    Aidan
    I might not have loads of room for other people in my life a lot of the time, but I've done well to create a life for myself that is comfortable and sustainable.
    Shaunie
    I like my new glasses if that counts 
    Shaunie
    @Shaunie youre doing okayy

lol
    Once again bringing this back cause self love is so important  <3

I like my style, and how I'm not scared to look different...
    Shaunie
    I like how did my make up today. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    Dont mean to boast but I'm pretty good at making paper planes.
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Boards Initiate
    I like my pink hair.
    mol
    I am not as shit as I thought I was (a lie but I just found this thread in the graveyard.)
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Miniposter England Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I like how I am determined to reach my career goal, I am someone who hasn’t get given up and I hope I never will! 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 171 Helping Hand
    I have a good memory 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 9,080 Supreme Poster
    I'm a team player. I don't give up and ditch my workload on others 

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

Im not a bad person, im kind & supportive 
    Butterfly23mol
    I am a funny person when it comes to my art. Yesterday in art we were drawing stuffed animals. I drew a parrot that I named Dereck (the photos in the spoiler will explain because it could be triggering.) The pictures are all from different pages in my art book. Oh and the writing is not in pen (it is in darkish pencil.)

Supposed to be in order of before plastic surgery, after plastic surgery (massive fail) and then after weight loss and 2nd plastic surgery operation  (not too rubbish.) 

Butterfly23
    I'm a lot less self-conscious and generally anxious than I used to be.
    Butterfly23