Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chats tonight (Thursday 25/07/19)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited July 2019 in Community Announcements
Afternoon everyone,

Tonight we have Support Chat and General Chat running from 8-9:30pm.

Support Chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Geena and Alessi will be modding.

General Chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Laine and Sand will be modding.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Keep safe :)

Mike & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @The Mix Mike you might wanna check it again ;) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Lol the heat is clearly getting to ur brain 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Ooo we have  a mix up tonight 😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Wait @BubblesGoesBoo, @Jellyelephant @Millie2787 I don't get it 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    @davcr0ck , they got the support and general chat mods mixed up
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited July 2019
    @davcr0ck. the mods are the wrong way round sand and laine do GC and alessi and geena do SC :) the heat must of got to poor @Mike today 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Ohhh right @Millie2787 and @Shaunie now I see 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Poor @Mike
    I can tell the heat has gotten into you. I guess that support chat mods can also do general chats but general can't do support.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited July 2019
    I don't remember doing my SC training Mike ;)

All mods are correct folks,  just the other way around. Me and sand look forward to seeing you in GC :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    tired big bang theory GIF

all updated :tongue: thanks everyone, definitely the heat!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Giving you one big hug 🤗 @Mike
    I suppose we can let you off this time ey @Mike

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    edited July 2019
    This was the rest of the community team waiting for Mike to notice this thread:

FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

@ed_ and @Mike You two are like a pair of kids , I feel sorry for poor Aife 😂

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I am surprised that Mike and Ed are not brothers. Who was first to notice out of the community team? Probably Aife. Sorry if I am wrong or if I am being rude for making assumptions. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Ed_ said:
    This was the rest of the community team waiting for Mike to notice this thread:

Hahahaha ;) 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • animallover20animallover20 Deactivated Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Could you look at doing daytime group chats? As I can’t make night time and need to talk about things?
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey animal :) 

This is something to talk to @The Mix about .They will get back to you on whether it's possible, it's tricky because people and mods may not be free during day :)

I just wanted to pop by and say there are other services the mix has to offer you could look into,  such as 1-2-1 chat,  etc look on the "speak to the team" section of get support x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Ok thanks you have tagged the  mix here so will they come back here? I want support in the groups but too late at night 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for this feedback @animallover20. :)

The timings for group chat are currently made to be early enough for folks not to be asleep, but late enough for most people (community members and volunteer moderators) to be home from work or education. If we see more of a demand for daytime sessions later down the line then that's something we can consider, but at the moment we're not looking to change the schedule.

If you'd like a space to get support during the day, these discussion boards are open 24/7 and as again as @Laine said, The Mix has various other services that might be of interest, including counselling, a crisis text service, and a 1-2-1 helpline (reachable by phone, email or webchat).

This feedback is useful though for us to think about though @animallover20 , so thanks for sharing it. I hope you manage to find what you need.

Mike & the team

PS, tagging someone gives them a notification, so that's generally the best way to let us know if you want our input in something :)

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    @The Mix thanks I currently feel low during the day so need  support