Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bad news ;)

Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
Hey guys *hugs* <3 Just letting you know I've come back (yeah, super short break I know. I just wanted some quiet and time to think I guess).

I really apologise for all that. Sorry... Well, this is why we get help for our mental problems, folks - not that I'm going to anytime soon. I probably should though 'cause I feel I'm barely functioning. I won't (but could) sit here and write an essay about my broken mind, but take my word for it, this isn't living. :pensive:

As for whether I'm staying or not... What do you want? I honestly just wanna do whatever you prefer. I'm too lost to decide anyway. I can leave if you want me to.

Another reflection; I was reading through my posts and I'm so annoying. Especially in my upset ones. Some were just embarassing, others gave me a good laugh - there's all this dramatic speech and sad emojis and requests for help and stuff. Geez. Lol.

Also I want to take a sec to say thank you, to the members, staff, everyone. You're all awesome. And the niceness means a lot to me.

I'll spare you all the stuff about my life, but here's a relevant update: 1, I went back to the doctors about my throat. I'm waiting for an appointment with speech and language, so let's hope they can help. 2, just as I thought she was okay, Ruby breaks another tooth... I'm pretty worried...

Sorry for rambling, anyway... How have you been?

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy!!

So glad you're back! Was hoping you would.

I hate looking at my own posts because they make me cringe and feel embarrassed looll so I know how that feels lol  

I hope your speech and language people can help. Sorry you are worried about ruby. Hope we can help in some way make you feel less anxious  . Hope you are feeling okay 

And I'm okay, just applied for peer education program thing and hear about back By the 25th to know if I can get an interview. And just had an appointment about counselling which seems hopful

Let us know how you're getting on. I care <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Hey @kathleen0172, hope you're doing alright.

I have nothing against you staying here, nor do I have anything against you leaving. In the end it's up to you and what you think will benefit you most. 

I did the same thing as you around christmas, and didn't actually come back until recently, because I'd lost control of my frustration during support chat and insulted another person there. I felt at the time that no matter how many times I apologised I had still said things I didn't mean, and so I made the decision to leave the website for a few weeks to recollect myself and rebuild my strength, in a way. 

I don't regret leaving at the time, but I also missed this place quite a lot while I was away. 

I'm not saying that this scenario could apply to you but, if you think that taking a break would help you to improve yourself like it did for me, then perhaps that would be the best option. But remember The Mix is always around, and on a personal note I for one would miss your additions to discussions around the boards. You might look back and cringe at what you've said but I think we all do that at one point or another - it's not much different to the problem a lot of people can have when hearing their own voice on a video! 

Plus, it's nice to know I have a fellow Linkin Park fan around :)

I wasn't aware about an issue with your throat, but now I know I wish you the best of luck with it and hope you get well soon. 

Also I want to take a sec to say thank you, to the members, staff, everyone. You're all awesome. And the niceness means a lot to me.

You're awesome too, just remember that ;)

And just reiterating what @Shaunie said - I'm glad you're back. 

My inbox is always open if you need somewhere to put that essay. I'm happy to listen and I should hope to say I can help you out, I have quite a lot of experience with mental health issues myself so I might be able to give you a few tips. I might not answer straight away, but you can be sure I'll get a response to you eventually. 

What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww <3

Shaunie said:
    Heyy!!

So glad you're back! Was hoping you would.

I hate looking at my own posts because they make me cringe and feel embarrassed looll so I know how that feels lol  

I hope your speech and language people can help. Sorry you are worried about ruby. Hope we can help in some way make you feel less anxious  . Hope you are feeling okay 

And I'm okay, just applied for peer education program thing and hear about back By the 25th to know if I can get an interview. And just had an appointment about counselling which seems hopful

Let us know how you're getting on. I care <3
    Heyy @Shaunie :)

Yeah I hope they can (desperately...). And hope even more that Ruby will be okay.

It's great to hear you applied for the peer education program! And about the counselling.

Thanks for the kind words mate x

LabraBell said:
    Hey @kathleen0172, hope you're doing alright.

I have nothing against you staying here, nor do I have anything against you leaving. In the end it's up to you and what you think will benefit you most. 

I did the same thing as you around christmas, and didn't actually come back until recently, because I'd lost control of my frustration during support chat and insulted another person there. I felt at the time that no matter how many times I apologised I had still said things I didn't mean, and so I made the decision to leave the website for a few weeks to recollect myself and rebuild my strength, in a way. 

I don't regret leaving at the time, but I also missed this place quite a lot while I was away. 

I'm not saying that this scenario could apply to you but, if you think that taking a break would help you to improve yourself like it did for me, then perhaps that would be the best option. But remember The Mix is always around, and on a personal note I for one would miss your additions to discussions around the boards. You might look back and cringe at what you've said but I think we all do that at one point or another - it's not much different to the problem a lot of people can have when hearing their own voice on a video! 

Plus, it's nice to know I have a fellow Linkin Park fan around :)

I wasn't aware about an issue with your throat, but now I know I wish you the best of luck with it and hope you get well soon. 

You're awesome too, just remember that ;)

And just reiterating what @Shaunie said - I'm glad you're back. 

My inbox is always open if you need somewhere to put that essay. I'm happy to listen and I should hope to say I can help you out, I have quite a lot of experience with mental health issues myself so I might be able to give you a few tips. I might not answer straight away, but you can be sure I'll get a response to you eventually. 

Hey @LabraBell!

I'm sorry to hear what happened with you x For me... Basically, I just felt overwhelmed with feelings that everyone hates me and other such stuff. There wasn't even a reason others could see so I looked like a prat tbh lol.

Yeah, it seems I strained a vocal cord - it's been causing me pain for months and it's horrible. Especially seeing as I dream of being a singer. Hopefully the professionals can help.

You're always welcome to message me if you need to vent too buddy x Or to just chat about Linkin Park ;)

Thanks for the caring reply x
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey Kathleen :heart:

Welcome back, 

Just echo'ing what has already been said here, we are here for you whatever you decide to do. :heart:

It's positive to hear about the speech and language referral, hopefully that helps you :smile:

We don't think your posts are annoying, and we don't think your annoying either, we care about you, and we are here for you :heart:

Hope this has helped,

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Heya @Stephanie :) Yeah hopefully speech and language can help... And your thoughtfulness is very helpful x
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome back!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.