Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where Did You Find Out About TheSite?

GregGreg Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
Hi Everybody :thumb:
sherlok.jpg

TheSite is home to thousands of users who have all found about it differently. Did your friends tell you about TheSite, were you referred to it, or did you just stumble upon it??

Please share how you guys all found out about TheSite!

Comments

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Well I was having trouble on The Challenge, and I didn't have anyone to speak to so one of the high up people of NCS sent me a link to TheSite and I joined :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I stumbled upon it while roaming google for support! :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My ex used it and linked me to it one day
    A friend of mine linked me to it. I was 15 and I think we (or rather, I) were having some issues. He suggested that maybe I should TS and ask for advice. He did originally introduce me to another website; but said here was maybe more age appropriate.
    I was wading through Google trying to find somewhere to get advice from real people. I found TS chat and ended up sticking around on the boards. :)
    If I remember rightly, I was on google searching for info/advice on a particular subject and came across TheSite :)
    I found this website through Google aswell.
  • butterfly72butterfly72 Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    I was looking up mental health help and stumbled across this 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    I was looking for mental health support forums that I could be of help with, and came across this site on Google! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    This is a really nice thread to resurrect - would be interested to hear how other folks found us... :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I joined to support someone who has since left, but decided to stay because I needed advice and support and wanted to help others. Doing that, it helped me. :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    From using Childline
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    It's great to see the range of ways people found out about the site! I personally found out through work, because it's always cool to get involved with new communities! :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Too long ago to remember - though I know it was discussion on the drugs board that attracted me. The drugs forum used to be really lively with a good bunch of people. 
    Weekender Offender 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Childline.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    On a poster at our local youth group.

i was already heavily based around childine and kooth and a few anxiety forums and i just wanted to help more, but i also discovered some support and most importantly group chats so it became one of my most used ones :) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Childline x
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I got referred by ChildLine when I was almost too old to use their services.
  • ellezeeellezee Posts: 12 Settling in
    Runaway Helpline services directed me to this website
  • lady_joeylady_joey Posts: 4 Newbie
    I was referred via my college :)
  • annieangelannieangel Posts: 3 Newbie
    I found out about it as my foster Carer didn’t know what to do and phones Camhs  :)
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    one of my morning where i wake up at 3am and cant go back to sleep and start randomly googling stuff  😂😂😂
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    tumblr