Have you seen our Good Manners Guide? We've just updated it to include some new info, so do take a look.

Where Did You Find Out About TheSite?

GregGreg NoobPosts: 50
Hi Everybody :thumb:
sherlok.jpg

TheSite is home to thousands of users who have all found about it differently. Did your friends tell you about TheSite, were you referred to it, or did you just stumble upon it??

Please share how you guys all found out about TheSite!

Comments

• HannHann Meme Queen Posts: 3,407 Ultimate Poster
    Well I was having trouble on The Challenge, and I didn't have anyone to speak to so one of the high up people of NCS sent me a link to TheSite and I joined :)
  • AuroraAurora Part of the furniture Posts: 11,660 Part of the furniture
    I stumbled upon it while roaming google for support! :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My ex used it and linked me to it one day
    A friend of mine linked me to it. I was 15 and I think we (or rather, I) were having some issues. He suggested that maybe I should TS and ask for advice. He did originally introduce me to another website; but said here was maybe more age appropriate.
    I was wading through Google trying to find somewhere to get advice from real people. I found TS chat and ended up sticking around on the boards. :)
    If I remember rightly, I was on google searching for info/advice on a particular subject and came across TheSite :)
    I found this website through Google aswell.
  • butterfly72butterfly72 Posts: 6 Newbie
    I was looking up mental health help and stumbled across this 
  • AzzimanAzziman Posts: 266 Rampant Poster
    I was looking for mental health support forums that I could be of help with, and came across this site on Google! :)
  • MikeMike Posts: 1,139 Moderator
    This is a really nice thread to resurrect - would be interested to hear how other folks found us... :)
    'Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'

< 3
  • FloxyFloxy Port de Sóller Posts: 997 Incredible Poster
    I joined to support someone who has since left, but decided to stay because I needed advice and support and wanted to help others. Doing that, it helped me. :)
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • ShaunieShaunie Hope.less 🌦 England 🏠Posts: 2,077 Mega Poster
    From using Childline
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” ~ Marvin J Ashton 🌸🌸🌸
  • SevenSeven Posts: 55 Moderator
    It's great to see the range of ways people found out about the site! I personally found out through work, because it's always cool to get involved with new communities! :)
  • SkiveSkive No discipline! No morality! No respect! New ForestPosts: 14,788 Part of the furniture
    Too long ago to remember - though I know it was discussion on the drugs board that attracted me. The drugs forum used to be really lively with a good bunch of people. 
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 United KingdomPosts: 271 Rampant Poster
    Childline.
    Don`t let your period control your life girlies. 
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 791 Incredible Poster
    This is an old thread, buy you guys said you wanted it resurrecting ;)

I tried to join another website to talk about my dip into appalling mental health, and got redirected here, can't even remember the other site 😂
  • LaineLaine Horse hugger Horse HuggerPosts: 612 Extreme Poster
    On a poster at our local youth group.

i was already heavily based around childine and kooth and a few anxiety forums and i just wanted to help more, but i also discovered some support and most importantly group chats so it became one of my most used ones :) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"The months go by and I only feel worse,  try to forget the ones who forgot you first"  ~ Man Overboard

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille