Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Simple Displeasures

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Being nagged

People slamming doors
  • Options
    when your nearly 3 year old daughter decides to hack at her hair herself with scissors.....................
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Seeing a random woman in the street/bus/restaurant/whatever, thinking she's cute/pretty/sexy/whatever and then seeing her light up a cigarette.
    Not that I was going to do anything anyway, but I still consider this a kind of curse on me. It seems to happen 9 out of 10 times.
    It's a curse I tell you! A curse!

Seriously, it seems that the smoking rate among pretty women is 95%.
  • Options
    *lights up and nods*
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote: »
    *lights up and nods*
    I didn't say it worked the other way too. :p
  • Options
    :razz:
  • Options
    Dont look boys

Coming on when you weren't expecting it. Twas a very short trip to the local art gallery yesterday...
  • Options
    Disturbing a dog that's awake, being growled at and then him deciding to roll back where I moved him from.
  • Options
    People making an unnecessary amount of noise for simple things. Maybe im just grouchy today.
  • Options
    people who spit in the street.
    it's vile.
  • Options
    My housemates who cant clean up after themselves
  • Options
    my Sciatica playing up :/ not loads, but just a bit uncomfortable and i can get a comfy position for my leg/hip
  • Options
    a university taking ageees to let me know whether i got in or not. wah. feel like im in limbo.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    Coming on when you weren't expecting it. Twas a very short trip to the local art gallery yesterday...

Mine always catches me out....like the other day literally started 5mins after I sat down for a 2 hour lecture. Luckily we had a break in between and my housemate had supplies :grump: And it seems to be getting into the habit of starting while I'm at uni and can't dash home...I really should learn
    I also second housemates who don't clean up/take bins/recycling out. It's not hard!
  • Options
    man periods blow. Thinking of it, it makes sense that they "just come". Can't hold them back like farts if the timing isn't right... or pee...
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Mine always catches me out....like the other day literally started 5mins after I sat down for a 2 hour lecture. Luckily we had a break in between and my housemate had supplies :grump: And it seems to be getting into the habit of starting while I'm at uni and can't dash home...I really should learn
    I also second housemates who don't clean up/take bins/recycling out. It's not hard!

Thats why i love being on the pill, i always know when its about to come
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Thats why i love being on the pill, i always know when its about to come

I used to be on the pill and didn't have any at all, heaven! But now I don't need it I figured I'd give my body a break from the hormones.
  • Options
    dont you get any symptoms youre gonna come on? I never chart when they come, but i always know if its gonna come in the next few days
  • Options
    dont you get any symptoms youre gonna come on? I never chart when they come, but i always know if its gonna come in the next few days

I personally don't.
  • Options

I knew I was due, I usually get the achy boobs and what but this month didn't get anything, and because I was so busy thinking about my dissertation and stuff I totally forgot about it
  • Options
    I knew I was due, I usually get the achy boobs and what but this month didn't get anything, and because I was so busy thinking about my dissertation and stuff I totally forgot about it

:yes: usually i get the pains before the period and achy boobs etc. But now I'm on the pill I have no warning and as yet no regular cycle. I've swapped my 38 day cycle for 18 :banghead:
  • Options
    Coming back into work on a Monday. Especially when you had the morning off and you know exactly how lovely the weather is outside :(
  • Options
    when you get egg shells in your egg after you crack it
  • Options
    Getting ready for a long hot bath then running out of hot water :grump:
  • Options
    Warm orange juice. :yuck:
  • Options
    period being 12 days late for the first time in 6years. never happens to me, if anything i have too many of them too close together but i'm never late. Definately not pregnant so wtf is going on body?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Warm orange juice. :yuck:

I'm so with you on that one!
  • Options
    I'm so with you on that one!

If it's squash, it's not too bad.

Reading on Facebook about peoples' sex life. Not something I really want to read about, thank you. (it was their status - not exactly easy to miss)
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    If it's squash, it's not too bad.

Reading on Facebook about peoples' sex life. Not something I really want to read about, thank you. (it was their status - not exactly easy to miss)

And fb drama in general. There's nothing more annoying than people posting attention seeking cryptic statuses so then they're flocked with loads of comments going 'you ok?' ect and then refuse to talk about it. And people aiming catty statuses at each other. Grow up!!
  • Options
    people posting attention seeking cryptic statuses so then they're flocked with loads of comments going 'you ok?' ect and then refuse to talk about it.

That makes me chuckle. A status of *sigh* or similar. OMG WHAT'S UP!?!?!