Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

leggings.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what would you think of wearing a top like this http://www.topshop.com/wcsstore/TopShop//images/catalog/04E41PNEW_large.jpg

with leggings?

also has anyone seen the leggings (£3) in primark? spotted them a few days ago but didn't get a proper look.

Comments

• Options
    After a few discussions with mates we have come to the conclusion that leggings are shit. They look pretty crap on everybody tbh.
    The top is nice though! :thumb:
  • Options
    go for it i say. i think it'd look good. im getting in my positive opinion now before everyone starts saying 'ohh leggings they dont look good on anyone, they're shit, blah blah blah' :thumb:

although...i have that top (topshop riiight?) and i dont think its long enough to wear with leggings, haha.

ETA: i think i just got a bit mixed up, do you mean full on proper leggings? cos i was sort of meaning footless tights...i call them all the same thing. hmmm.
  • Options
    Oh good choice! I have a shirt just like that, but a shorter version and pink and there are roses inbetween the skulls. It looks good with jeans ;)
  • Options
    Agree with icey. Leggings never do any favours for anyone.

Jeans would look better cos the top's not bad.
  • Options
    i wear tops that just cover my bum with leggings. but they should be tops which are a bit flowy - not tight tshirt ones like in that pic.

and i think they look great on me! so there :razz:
  • Options
    icey, you and your mates have clearly never seen me in my leggings. ;):p

i don't think that top would look right with leggings, no. but you won't know until you try it on!
  • Options
    I like the top, but Ive never seen leggings look OK on anyone unless they have REALLY stick thin legs. Thats not to say I didnt used to wear them in the past :o but I do now see the error of my ways.
  • Options
    I don't think that would look good with leggings unless you have buns of steel as they would be fully on display in all their lycra-clad glory! It's too short and, as lipsy said, it's a bit too fitted for that look.

It's a cute top, though :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I don't think that would look good with leggings unless you have buns of steel as they would be fully on display in all their lycra-clad glory! It's too short and, as lipsy said, it's a bit too fitted for that look.

It's a cute top, though :)
    i think girls get it wrong when they wear tops which are too short. i have seen girls do this and even with buns of steel it just doesn't look good. you need to make sure the top at least covers your arse.
  • Options
    could probably wear it with leggings if you had a skirt on too.
  • Options
    could probably wear it with leggings if you had a skirt on too.

A rara skirt? :razz:

I guess you're right lipsy that even with a great arse you'd still probably end up looking like an extra from this video:

Olivia-Newton-John-Physical-45210.jpg

unless the top is a bit longer than the one in question.
  • Options
    I think it'd look ok as long as it covers your bum

I've got a gray pair of leggings from primark
  • Options
    Tops should at least just cover your bum with leggins. And they shouldn't be fitted. I got a skull print top from Topshop the other day. It's long sleeved and flowly..and much nicer than that one! :razz:
  • Options
    Hehe. I have that top!!
  • Options
    I think it'd just look like you were wearing a t-shirt with leggings. I would expect you to start jogging on the spot at any minute.
  • Options
    Tops should at least just cover your bum with leggins. And they shouldn't be fitted. I got a skull print top from Topshop the other day. It's long sleeved and flowly..and much nicer than that one! :razz:

lol i don't have the one i showed, but one of a similar style. I WANT THE TOP YOU'VE GOT! how strange, was just telling my disinterested boyfriend about it.

I got my leggings and tried it on with top I've got and it didn't look bad, though since outfit was all black looked a bit ninja-like. =P
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I think leggins can be sexy.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    as lipsy said, if it goes over your bum, should be ok.

i didnt like them at first, now i love them
  • Options
    Bought a lovely dress/long top/whatever they are called today and it looks gorge with them underneath. Thought I'd buy leggings rather than footless tights. Practically the same thing anyways.

I've been whinging about these for months and now I have a pair :yeees: The outfit looks cool though :D

Oh, and I don't think you need stick thin legs to be able to wear them. My legs are normal sized.

Oh and to the OP - I really like that top.
  • Options
    :yes:

The one I've bought today is really long. Goes well well below my bum. Like a normal skirt does.

I should have said that when I posted but hey ho.
  • Options
    Got a real nice long top today from Internacionale. £6. Marl grey, V neck, puff sleeves, comes to mid thigh. Looks better with leggings but needs a belt.

Anyone seen any nice ones? To wear with black leggings, and leopard print pumps and above mentioned top.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    I think it'd just look like you were wearing a t-shirt with leggings. I would expect you to start jogging on the spot at any minute.

I don't know why. But you just made me think of Lizzy and Joggy Bear.
  • Options
    I've been whinging about these for months and now I have a pair :yeees:
    pft.
  • Options

Oh, and I don't think you need stick thin legs to be able to wear them. My legs are normal sized.
    Don't think you need to be stick thin but i think leggings have a nasty knack of making some people look broader in the beam than they usually are because of the way they are skintight. Suppose it's just one of those things. They suit some and not others, whether you're a size 8 or a 14. A young lass came in the pub wearing a pair under a long shirt the other night and she's lovely looking with a good figure but they made her look really muscled up and bigger than she is :no:

However saying that i've bought myself a pair so with my horse riding thighs i'll probably end up looking like a russian shotputter :D
  • Options
    i seriously don't know how people with bigger legs can wear footless tights. i have 2 pairs and they're both really tight! i have slim legs but they leave marks around the bottom of my legs. they only come in 1 size fits all (well the ones i've bought anyway) so what to bigger legged people do? :eek2:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    pft.
    Errr yeah?
  • Options
    Errr yeah?
    oh nothing. i guess some people are just behind.
  • Options
    I'm not behind darling. Gawd. I saw them in the shops as soon as they came out, I just didn't like them much. Didn't think they'd suit me.

Sheesh. I just don't behave like a sheep as soon as something new comes out. Just because I don't buy something as quickly as other fashion victims, that doesn't make me "behind". I don't wear or buy things I don't think will suit me either.

I never liked them at first but have warmed to them. Realised they actually suited me when I tried them on in the shop with a long top after my friend suggested it. I thought they'd look awful but it turns out I was wrong.
  • Options
    and breathe
  • Options
    Haha. Sorry. I just didn't think her comments were necessary. No need for it.