Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oh Bollards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Laughed my fucking ass off.

Bollards are there for a reason, fuckwits

Comments

• Options
    :lol: Classic
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    :lol:

That's hilarious! Hehe.
  • Options
    Funny. I love how on the black car, everybody inside the car just books it out of there.
  • Options
    It's funny because so many people try it.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hahahaha!
  • Options
    thats in manchester! its been in the news because they've only put them there just recently and they're not well signposted i don't think.
  • Options
    :lol: Fucking tards!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    thats in manchester! its been in the news because they've only put them there just recently and they're not well signposted i don't think.

they are well sign posted by big glowing no entry signs either side of the street entrance, people were trying to follow buses though.

makes it even funnier :lol:
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    the music makes it so much more funny!!!
  • Options
    the music makes it so much more funny!!!
    I thought that too.
  • Options
    :p They can suit themselves.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    silly knobs!!

Why does the owner of the black car react as though he has just ran over a class of school children...shouldnt have tried it in the first place silly!
  • Options
    Reminds me of the time we were going into central station to catch a train to Prestwick Airport and my uncle stopped too far away from the ticket machine that he took longer to grab it. We only just made it through when the barrier started coming down and just missed the back of the car!

Another time my grandad tried to skip the charge at the airport by racking after the car in front. We almost made it :lol:
  • Options
    I hope he got a bollocking later by his mrs. haha :D
  • Options
    that is SO funny!

i walked past another car that was stuck on them the other day in manchester too, everyone was crowded round haha and said he tried to get in after a bus...you just wouldnt try it would ya!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Matey in the black car wasn't wearing his seatbelt and cracked his head, and then the passenger in the Iveco smashes the windscreen with his head. Must have hurt.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Skive wrote:
    Matey in the black car wasn't wearing his seatbelt and cracked his head, and then the passenger in the Iveco smashes the windscreen with his head. Must have hurt.

Yeah.

Oh well, if are going to try to cheat it... at least observe how fast they come back up BEFORE ramming through.

Or buy one of the little triggers in the busses or RM vans. I bet they aren't hard to get or make.
  • Options
    It was funny except for the second guy - who had kids in the car. What a fucking dickhead.
  • Options
    So whats on the other side of the poles that people want so bad?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    So whats on the other side of the poles that people want so bad?

In Manchester where it's filmed... it leads to the shops, an entertainment complex called The Printworks... nothing too exciting, really. It's just all pedestrianised except for buses and taxis to make it safer for shoppers.
  • Options
    Ahh, I see, are they tring to use it for a short cut then? Thats even more funny that cars aren't even allowed in it and they are trying :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Ahh, I see, are they tring to use it for a short cut then? Thats even more funny that cars aren't even allowed in it and they are trying :p

Yeah, they're not allowed to drive through, only buses are allowed through (and occasionally taxis I think).

What makes me laugh is that people can actually be that stupid when they know what will happen...
  • Options
    Some guy in my home town tried to sue the council for having his car written off after having a bollard come through the bottom of it... Didn't go anywhere though, unsurprisingly.
  • Options
    How stupid are they?! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Is there not enough space between the lamp post and the bollard for a small car to fit through?
  • Options
    It's just all pedestrianised except for buses and taxis to make it safer for shoppers.
    Irony?
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    And doesnt it just serve them fucking well right? What morons. As if you'd try it. Especially with your family and kids in the car.
  • Options
    aahh, just watched it and thought it was a practical joke or something and thought thats out of order

only after reading your posts i realised that its sign posted etc, serves them right in that case.
  • Options
    :lol: classic!! We should get them in NZ