Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hjkfjkshjdjk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Nyaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I have a dilemma.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally reaaaaaaaaaaally like this lad I'm seeing, and when I do like someone muchachas I start to get really self conscious around them and kinda clam up. It's SO not intentional, I'm just really worried I'll say something stupid or owt.

I'm NOT like that with anyone else and I dunno why I get so worried what I come across as because I'm so loud and brash at the best of times with everyone else.

I think it's because this lad is a bit older than me - 26 - reads books with authors I haven't heard of, has travelled and is a wad more cultured than me really.

Argh, I kinda just want to live up to his expectations really. I was off the phone to him there and I was kinda ballsing up all my witty comebacks and he kept asking "So have you anymore chat?" and I was kicking myself. RARGH.

He was telling me about this lass who he stopped seeing cause she had the personality of a spoon, his words. ARGH I love this boy's patter. I have a feeling this'll happen if I don't sort this out sooooon.

We do get on when it gets past the awkward phase at the start of our dates, and I start to ease up and become all chatty and sorts, like the person he asked out originally yanno?

When I re-read this I think it looks as though I have shit esteem. I do have a bit shit esteem right now as my period's due and I'm a bit upset like at stupid things.

I just needed to rant about that there.

ARGH WHY AM I STRESSING ABOUT THIS?! I've only been seeing him for about 2 weeks, but he emails/texts me all the time.

He MUST like me a weeeee bit, cause he used to fancy me before he left my work and I'd NO idea. He worked there for like a good year and a bit, same time I've been there. Then he left and I met him at the pub with his pal after a gig and that was it from there on.

Argh. Isn't it shit when you over analyse things? Someone tell me I am please.

Comments

• Options
    well its natural to feel like that when you start a new relationship. when you're just seeing someone and you don't know whether they like you as much as you like them. and you don't know whether they think its gona go soemwhere or if its just some casual thing :( but you can't talk about it because its too soon and would just wreck everything!
  • Options
    its pretty obvious he likes you anyway.. you know he has fancied you for a while and he texts you all the time! its natural to be worried about things when you like someone a lot!
  • Options
    personality of a spoon... :lol:

I can see why you like him :)
  • Options
    Aye, totally normal to analyse things to the maximum when it's a new thing. It's maybe not 100% rational but it's totally normal.

I know you're proper into him and that, and if he worked with you for a while and you've been nattering a lot recently, he's not just gonna go off you all of a sudden.

That's precisely how I made an arse of things with that girl I was seeing just lately, I worried too much about how things were going and whether I'd anything to say for myself.

I don't think he'd ever think in a million years think you had the personality of a random household appliance. It'd be more worrying if you didn't get moments of doubt like this, honestly.

You need to accept that he's with you cause of who you are, he wants to be with you and he's not too cultured or whatever else for you. He clearly fancies the arse off you too, so don't worry about it and just be your normal slightly unhinged self, k?
  • Options
    Ahhh you are cool, everyone has insecurities. If they don't then they are usually a knob. You're lovely and have nowt to worry about :heart:
  • Options
    Raaaaah, I worry too much.

Oh and Bri, he didn't know me when he worked at my work..cause like he only knew me from afar, didn't know me know me.

He does now though and knows I'm a bit radio rental.

I know he does like me, I just got worried there was all. Haha, I'm so lame.

I woke up to two emails from him which was nice so maybe it's not too shabby after allllllll.

ETA - Just back from being in town with him, too. Tee hee! He got let away early from work and asked if I wanted to meet up. He hadn't even been home yet from being out last night. He makes me so proud! :heart:
  • Options
    Hola!

You'll all be pleased to know I'm not seeing him anymore!

I had a secret incling that it wouldn't work out, and after Friday night I kinda knew something was up after we slept together at a hotel. He chucked me out the bed as a joke and was really rude and kept ranting about music I liked.

I met him again on Sunday and his face was tripping him.

His emails are so one worded and he's just weird now. Shame, cause when he was hilarious he was so fun to be around and he was a great lay!

Tum te tum!
  • Options
    what a dick! do you think he just wanted sex then?

have you asked him whats going on? i would want to know what had happened/what he was thinking.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    what a dick! do you think he just wanted sex then?

have you asked him whats going on? i would want to know what had happened/what he was thinking.

Aye, but at the same time he'd think I was totally into him which I am, but don't want him to know. Haha. Sexual politics and that.

I think he might just have wanted sex. ARGH. It's annoying. I sent him a jokey email which went as follows:

Me - "Your chat is offish naff, Mr Mostyn!"
    Him - "Ok"
    Me - "Hrm. Take it easy, then."

And that was it! Why is he being weird?! I aksed him what he was up to this week and he sent me the most detailed list as to what he was up to day by day. Surprise surprise, HE'S BUSY!

He's such a cock when I think about it. I paid all night on Friday to go out cause he didn't have any money and he said he'd treat me! I even paid for the chuffing hotel room. What a mug.

He was so cuddly and shit about a week and a half ago, constantly texting and the like.

I mean how do you even approach something like that?! Why bother? He's 26 ffs, I thought this sowing the wild oat shite would have calmed down a bit, like.

RAH.

I deleted all his emails and texts so I won't sit and reminisce. Or however it's spelt.

I've got a good mind to punch him so hard into next week that his legs turn into trombones so when he walks he goes parp parp parp PARP!

Hahahaha.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

I've got a good mind to punch him so hard into next week that his legs turn into trombones so when he walks he goes parp parp parp PARP!

Hahahaha.

Your posts always make me giggle :D

Sounds like hes turned into a bit of a shit though :|
  • Options
    Sounds like hes turned into a bit of a shit though :|

I knoooooooooooooow, he was so funny too. And he was in two bands, had an ASBO, dressed all indie and scruffy and was just delish.

BAH I tells theeeeee.

No point chasing it.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

Hahahaha.

whooo, mighty booosh.
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    whooo, mighty booosh.

Let's bum.

It was relevant, though n'est pas?
  • Options
    he sounds like a right plum face.

better off without.

plenty more fish n all. :heart:
  • Options
    Most def, you are WAY better than him tbh....

...i'd take you out :naughty:

Sod the bloke, pricks like him give us "nice" guys a bad name !!
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    oh BECKY.

what a gayer.

and he was all 'randy as dean gaffney' and shizzle. (titter) oh what a loser, honestly, WHEN do men stop acting random for NO reason and dont give good answers and then cock it all up??? like, honestly now, WHEN!?

ohh. ring me soon? kbye ily.

Haha, I will! I tried to natter to you on MSN last night for a moan! :(

I knoooooooooooooooooooooooooow! He was so lovely. But he's just a cock. Sod him. I'm going out with my girlies to man hunt once again on Thurs/Fri/Sat. BINGE TIME. Yas.

I love you too. :heart: I'll buzz you tonight. xxxx.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    1983 wrote:
    I knoooooooooooooooooooooooooow! He was so lovely. But he's just a cock. Sod him. I'm going out with my girlies to man hunt once again on Thurs/Fri/Sat. BINGE TIME. Yas.
    Make sure you find a rather strapping young man, and take your mind off this prick! He aint worth you, and you know it.
    Keep your chin up chuck! :heart:
  • Options
    guys like this really piss me off! all keen until they get what they want and then fuck you off. who the hell do they think they are? this guy deserves a punch he really does. why can't men just be striaght with you as well. bunch o cowards.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    Make sure you find a rather strapping young man, and take your mind off this prick! He aint worth you, and you know it.
    Keep your chin up chuck! :heart:

Haha, I wasn't devestated. But the more I think about it, the more he reminds me of my ex which is a BIG BIG NOOOOOO. He was moany, cheeky, and sarcastic. And when I think about it...not THAT great in bed. He wasn't that good a kisser either.

I fell more for his chat than him. But alas! I'll get someone, I always do. My motto is different weekend, different bloke. ;)

I was having a think about it earlier and I think this is Karma working on me as I kinda dumped this lad I was also seeing who was a smelly munter. Only reason I stayed with him was cause he had pills. He ran out so he got dumped, ha.

But in fairness he did deserve to be dumped as he cancelled out on our first date thingy to go to Asda.

I'd love to say I was lying, but I'm not.

So when he asked to meet up after I was at a club one night I told him I was going to a 24 hour Asda.

Now I got dumped. BOO @ KARMA!

Haha.
  • Options
    Sounds like a dick. You're too cool for him.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Sounds like a dick. You're too cool for him.

This is true.
  • Options
    Oh Becky :heart:

You don't deserve losers like this and can do so much better.

Good for you for realising this though! :D

You are too cool for the likes of him!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    1983 wrote:
    This is true.
    and with all your modesty, another fella will be just around the corner of the bar!:flirt:
  • Options
    HFKLD;SFJKDL;SJKLM,L;LP[ASDIOSPAJK

ARGH. Now the original smelly chap who cancelled out on me to go to Asda is phoning me. How queer.

:sour:
  • Options
    Hold your nose and picture the ledge... VINCE
  • Options
    Hold your nose and picture the ledge... VINCE

LMAO. Eurgh, he's so ming. He issssss. Not Vince...fwoar Vince..but James, boke.
  • Options
    Boo. Can't pull off the spandangly suit then? :(
  • Options
    Boo. Can't pull off the spandangly suit then? :(

Nah, he's not even hot skinny. He's just skinny.

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: