Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Grand Theft Auto IV *Now with spoilers* :grump: bloody hacked xbox bastards...

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Got him - creppy indeed and bloody scary with that knife...

They've extended the Liberty City Key competition so I'm gonna have to go for the 100%
  • Options
    Is this serial killer a mission or just one of those little bits rockstar add in?
    Like the bigfoot monster in san andreas that never existed??:confused:
    :D
  • Options
    Bit late but I finally got a copy.

steerings quite hard this time round, especially on the corners.
  • Options
    Bit late but I finally got a copy.

steerings quite hard this time round, especially on the corners.

You do get used to it :)

I haven't played GTA4 in a week now, christ :(
  • Options
    Less than 100 pidgeons left and less than half the stunt jumps...

I want my key to liberty city!!
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote: »
    Is this serial killer a mission or just one of those little bits rockstar add in?
    Like the bigfoot monster in san andreas that never existed??:confused:
    :D

It's a random character mission (one of little blue people symbols that sometimes pop up on a map) - though it's even more creepy if you read the serial killers blog first...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Jim V wrote: »

God, well done.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »

I finished the story yesterday.

Was on the in-game internet, and found a website called forbidden knowledge or something, which shows the location of all the pigeons and jumps. It's like an underground message board.

Are you using that or have you got a guide, because you can't seriously be going round hunting these bastards down? :p
  • Options
    Whattheydontwantyoutoknow.com ?

Yeah - I've got the ign map and occasionally check back with the games radar guide - naturally no one is going to do it themselves without some help - well not be the 19th (the new closing date of the competition)
  • Options
    ive switched to playing more online now than the missions.

only up to 25% or so on missions.

loving GTA race online tho, its the only mode i've been playing
  • Options
    LuckyStrike,

I'm weighing up whether to get Pro Evo 2008 2nd hand off Amazon.

Is it worth it, or will I be woefully disappointed and want to throw it in the bin?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    ive switched to playing more online now than the missions.

only up to 25% or so on missions.

loving GTA race online tho, its the only mode i've been playing

Same.

I have to stop playing sometimes because I'm laughing so much. When your out of the race anyway, best thing to do to earn money is tool yourself up and wait for them to come round on the next lap. Start shooting the fuckers and hear the yanks start screaming about some 'noob' who's fucking up their race. :lol:
    Once they die they spawn quite near you too, and it's just a matter of killing them over and over again.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    LuckyStrike,

I'm weighing up whether to get Pro Evo 2008 2nd hand off Amazon.

Is it worth it, or will I be woefully disappointed and want to throw it in the bin?

it has got some undeserved bad press, its still the best footy game out there and really really good fun on live like the previous version. i think for the price its going for these days you'd be stupid not to get it! :thumb:
  • Options
    played it last night was steamin when i played it tho, controls feel a lot different from all the other ones but it looks great and its good for a joyride :D
  • Options
    I'm pissed off because I've been playing it fine until 5/6 days ago when at the mission to murder the lawyer I never received the text stating time/place and I cannot continue the game now.

Tried different things to try to make it work all to no avail so I'm going to end up dropping GTA at 29% because the game broke !

Might still keep playing multi player but to be honest those Americans just keep putting me off because they just ruin it every time. I cannot be arsed with them.
  • Options
    That's the mission where you have to email in your cv and job application first isn't it - I'm sure you have but did you do that?
  • Options
    Yeah I did that Jim. Got McReary's email then applied on there website, got a message saying thanks we've received your application and will get back to you, it's been about 6 days real life I've sat and played GTA for hours at a time and not received any text.

Someone suggested buying a suit and go to the LAw frims building which i did but that didn't trigger the mission so I'm at a dead end. AS it autosaved I can't even go back to that particular part.

Such a waste of time :(
  • Options
    it has got some undeserved bad press, its still the best footy game out there and really really good fun on live like the previous version. i think for the price its going for these days you'd be stupid not to get it! :thumb:

can you download option files for it or has editing been disabled?
  • Options
    I played pro evo and thought it wasn't very good, not very responsive to controls i.e. you press pass and there is about a 0.5s delay before it does it, same with changing direction or anything tbh.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    can you download option files for it or has editing been disabled?

there is a ingame edit mode which can be used but its very limited, there are option files out there. if you have a modded console there is a full patch for it.

as for it being unresponsive its exactly the same as any other pro evo
  • Options
    ArcticFox wrote: »
    I can't manage to complete the mission where you rob the bank. I get the money, go outside. cops starts shooting you shoot them, you follow the others to the alleyway....more cops, then a helicopter starts shooting you and you run down the underground railway station.....MORE cops and I die here.

I start with full health and I end up with about 1 quarter of it left.

Any ideas how to complete the mission.

Has anyone completed it? if so, how did you manage to complete it?

Arctic

Do you have the M-4 Carbine, and full body armour?

I found grenades worked a treat on this mission. Everytime one of their cars came along a just lobbed grenades at them, and blew the fuck out of anything that moved.

Down in the subway close combat with the shotgun might work better, but I think I just used the M-4.
  • Options
    Just get used to headshots - don't use a shotgun in the subway enless it's to clear the staircases (the distance is too far across the tracks)

Just get used to flicking the the aim up as you shoot - that way you should drop each cop within 2 or shot bursts. Don't just hold down fire either but rapid bust instead. Headshots are vital against SWAT

Oh and don't waste any time on people ducking behind cover - you can clear them out when anyone with the balls to take you on is down - if someone moves behind cover just flick to the next target.

If you want practice just head to hangman's noose and play that for a bit online to get used to headshots.

Oh and I avoided getting cornered on this level - I pretty much didn't use cover at all - just pretended I was De Niro in heat and it worked for me :)
  • Options
    edn1 wrote: »
    Yeah I did that Jim. Got McReary's email then applied on there website, got a message saying thanks we've received your application and will get back to you, it's been about 6 days real life I've sat and played GTA for hours at a time and not received any text.

Someone suggested buying a suit and go to the LAw frims building which i did but that didn't trigger the mission so I'm at a dead end. AS it autosaved I can't even go back to that particular part.

Such a waste of time :(

I had to call McReary first if i remember right - to let him know I'd emailed off the job ap...