Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Grand Theft Auto IV *Now with spoilers* :grump: bloody hacked xbox bastards...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    360 mutiplayer whips PS3 into the ground easy.
    On PS3 you cant even use a headset to talk to people (although Im not sure if they`ve brough one out since I was told this).
    Plus,I think the amount of people on Xbox live far outweighs Sonys efforts at the moment.
  • Options
    the GTA Race mode is well snazzy, think thats my fave at the mo.

had a few good games tonight with a few dudes off another forum! jim is a lot better than me tho :(
  • Options
    I couldn't resist finishing that one race by running over you on a moped :)
  • Options

had a few good games tonight with a few dudes off another forum! jim is a lot better than me tho :(

Have you done the GTA Race with Helicopters? Its well hard, as well as hitting the check points you also have to do it at the right height.
  • Options
    Well I've still got 2 of my 8 exams left, but I couldn't wait any longer, and went out and bought an Xbox today after my exam. Got a Pro console with GTA4, Halo 3 and Bully Scholarship Edition for £275 from Gamestation. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Needless to say, I've only played GTA4 so far. Absolutely brilliant. Loving the the voice acting and the little things like the TV in your safehouse. It's taken me a while to get a hang of the car handling, using the back trigger buttons on the Xbox pad, but I think it works quite well.

This is the first time I've stopped playing since about lunchtime today! I dunno how I'm gonna get myself back into the library to work for my last 2 exams next week - maybe this wasn't such a good idea!
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    maybe this wasn't such a good idea!

you know it makes sense man :p
  • Options
    Jesus, those Irish boys sure know how to pile great mission after great mission... now got one hell of a choice to make.
  • Options
    I'm too lazy JIm, whats the online play like for it?

I'm deciding now wether to buy one, but 200 odd quid isn't readily available yet
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

:yes:

Definately the best mode.

The best track for that is Star Junction because even if die or have your car flipped you can still be a big part of the action and fuck up others races. Running people over is the most satisfying thing about this game.

How many siters have this on Live now?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

How many siters have this on Live now?

I haven't even set up my Live account yet. Do I get like a free trial to begin with or something?

I'm just gonna bash on with the single player, then get on Live.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    I haven't even set up my Live account yet. Do I get like a free trial to begin with or something?

There should have been a free trail come with GTA
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    There should have been a free trail come with GTA

Yea, I got loadsa free stuff that I haven't really checked out! I just wanted to play the game.

I'll check it later when I get home. No point setting up a Live account until I'm gonna get some decent use out of it, which won't be for another week or two.
  • Options
    I have this on the PS3 now. It's pretty good. The story is fairly engaging and I like that you can repeat the missions easily when you go wrong (as I do quite a bit). In fact the only problem is that on the TV we have the icons on the mini map are too small, because the TV is not HD, but I think that was a problem with the last GTA game, too. And it's a small gripe really.

The new system for police wanted level is good, more realistic than the older one.
  • Options
    There's a phoen setting to change it to 'large text' which should help man.

All I'll about the story - having just finished it...

As good as Silent Hill 2.

And I never thought I'd say that about any game. I am genuinely upset about a choice I have to make with my damn save games. :(
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    There's a phoen setting to change it to 'large text' which should help man.

All I'll about the story - having just finished it...

As good as Silent Hill 2.

And I never thought I'd say that about any game. I am genuinely upset about a choice I have to make with my damn save games. :(

We should have the siters party up one time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    That'd be cool - I didn't realise what free mode was as well - basically the host of the party game can launch a mode where you can pretty much set the city up the way you want and just fuck about in it - great fun once you have a good group of people.
  • Options
    That'd be cool - I didn't realise what free mode was as well - basically the host of the party game can launch a mode where you can pretty much set the city up the way you want and just fuck about in it - great fun once you have a good group of people.

:yes:

I had where weapon damage was somehow turned off and everybody had the RPG. Hitting somebody wouldn't hurt them but after you sent them up in the air the landing hurt. I was in stitches earelier.

GTA Race is without a doub the best mode though.
    If my car gets flipped and I'm out I just build a fuck off big road block with cars, arm myself to the teeth and wait for them on the next lap. If I aint going to win I make damn sure I earn a bit of cash through shooting the fuckers.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Star junction is the circular track based on Times Square isn't it? I had great fun on it after discovering the bus - almost as much fun as the large luggage truck on taxiing - especially when everyone else is on motorbikes - cue lots of screaming of Americans

'He shot me again - WHY HASN'T ANYONE MOVED THE BUS - i'm dead again! I'm dead again!!! Please move the bus, please...'
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Star junction is the circular track based on Times Square isn't it? I had great fun on it after discovering the bus - almost as much fun as the large luggage truck on taxiing - especially when everyone else is on motorbikes - cue lots of screaming of Americans

'He shot me again - WHY HASN'T ANYONE MOVED THE BUS - i'm dead again! I'm dead again!!! Please move the bus, please...'

Awweessoommeee. Trolling the Yankees it absolutley WIN online, they get so angry and wound up. <3 How I love them. Griefing... aah. They always ending up calling me a cigerette though for some reason.:confused:
  • Options
    And not to mention continual and rather derogatory references to me being a member of the African American community :confused:

It really is a very repressed little backward nation isn't it? :D
  • Options
    Bought this yesterday for the 360, only to then find someone has fucked about with my passsword on my gamertag and now i cant log in. So im setting one up today and hopefully playing online tonight :hyper:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    And not to mention continual and rather derogatory references to me being a member of the African American community :confused:

It really is a very repressed little backward nation isn't it? :D

And that, is why we do it. I try to play seriously, but they make me. By being idiots. I just MUST wind them up until they quit in frustration.

I might go troll Garry's Mod some more now actually. :D
  • Options
    This game has a metascore of 99. That's higher than any other game I own :|

Half Life 1 - 96
    Half Life 2 - 96
    Bioshock - 96
    Company of Heroes - 93
    TF2 - 92

:/
  • Options
    More importantly for the geeky factor - it does look like it's offically number 1 on gamerankings - didn't expect Ocarina of Time to ever be beaten.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y
  • Options
    Fuck, the serial killer is really, really creepy. :nervous:
  • Options
    Through the internet? Anyone know if you can actually catch him?
  • Options
    Through the internet? Anyone know if you can actually catch him?

You can kill him.

Hang around autoerotica, the garage on the third island at night and look for the green man mission marker...
  • Options
    Nice one! - that's my post chat activity sorted :thumb:
  • Options
    Be sure to listen out for the weasel news broadcasts afterwards :o
  • Options
    I'd better add that there are actually two parts: the first at autoerotica, the second near TW@ on the third island.

Creepy :nervous: