Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dating...

Is it ok to date more than 1 person at the same time? I mean, if you are casually just going for dates with someone, is it ok to go on dates with other people?

I mean, if you go on a date with someone, you don't even know if you are going to see them again do you?

Also, is it still ok to go out and pull if you are casually going on dates with someone?

Opinions please :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If it was casual with no commitments then yeah i'd say it was fine.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Is it ok to date more than 1 person at the same time? I mean, if you are casually just going for dates with someone, is it ok to go on dates with other people?
    I'd think so, unless it began to work out with one of them. Then I think you'd have to stop seeing the others.
    Also, is it still ok to go out and pull if you are casually going on dates with someone?
    I don't see why not, if ONSes are your thing and none of the people you're seeing is actually a bf/gf (or if they are but don't mind).
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're not actually in a relationship with anyone, are you? If not, then I would personally say that I see no problem with it.
  • Options
    I think it's okay to see whoever you want as long as you're not sleeping with any of them. I think it's hard to do here in Britain though. Even in Manchester it is easy to get caught out because everyone seems to know each other.

I've never actually done it myself but it would be interesting to see how it would work out. Did anyone see that SATC episode when Charlotte decided to do change and saw two guys in one night then the one of them saw her kissing the other outside her flat...busted!:blush:
  • Options
    No. I'm not in a relationship.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Its ok to date more than one person, I'm not so sure about sleeping with all of them though

I don't even see the problem with this. As long as you're not in a relationship you can do what you want - assuming everything is safe :)
  • Options
    I'm in a situation like that now. I'm sorta seeing a girl but we both go with other people if we're not in the same place.
  • Options

I mean, if you go on a date with someone, you don't even know if you are going to see them again do you?

Yes to both. If you haven't discussed being 'exclusive' then yes. If you start liking someone and considering a proper relationship, you won't want to see anyone else.

Have some fun and enjoy. Just don't go to the same places on dates with different guys :)
  • Options
    I did the exact same thread about a year ago!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I did the exact same thread about a year ago!

Haha, just gone and had a read :)

Anyways, you've all kinda said what I think. I mean, I wouldn't be arsed if one of the guys I was dating was pulling/dating other people so yanno, in my head its ok. Until anything is exclusive then yanno, I don't see the problem. If it went as far as sex with either of them though, then I'd reconsider. I'm just talking about dates :)
  • Options
    Yeah my little rule is until any thing is made offically offical then im still as free as a bird
  • Options
    Until it's been made semi-official then you should go out and have fun.

I'd agree with rachie about being careful who you sleep with, but that's more for your sake than anyone else. Don't get hurt.
  • Options

What if you met a guy you like and go for another date but find out he's also dating other women while he's also dating you? Would you have a problem with that ?

Would you be honest with a guy if he asked if your seeing anyone while your on a date with him?

Personally if I was on date with a girl and found out she was also dating other blokes, I'd be fine with it, to a degree providing I felt I wasn't being lead on by her. It can be hard to meet people and judging them on one date can V be risky. So in that sense you'd need to see same guy more then once, whilst also ensuring you didn't miss out on someone who's perfect for you. So yes dating more then one person is ok imo.:thumb:
  • Options
    No. I'm not in a relationship.

Then I see no problem with it.
  • Options
    Is it ok to date more than 1 person at the same time?
    Yes. However, honesty is important in a game like this. Each player should be told that there are other players in this game. Otherwise, people are going to get hurt, and you will all lose out.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Yes. However, honesty is important in a game like this. Each player should be told that there are other players in this game. Otherwise, people are going to get hurt, and you will all lose out.
    Nah bad advice.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Nah bad advice.

:yes: Its not a game anyway. If you want to have a casual thing then you should be honest to the other person that want something casual, but telling them that your seeing other people casually as well is a bad idea and will give someone the wrong impression about you.
  • Options
    Nah bad advice.

YOU HAVE NO :heart:
  • Options
    Nah bad advice.
    If you've got some advice on the topic, let's hear it.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    YOU HAVE NO :heart:

Noone to share my :heart: with thats all!
    :yes: Its not a game anyway. If you want to have a casual thing then you should be honest to the other person that want something casual, but telling them that your seeing other people casually as well is a bad idea and will give someone the wrong impression about you.

Exactly.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Somehow, I'm not too bothered about what you think.

I dont give a shit about you. I'm providing advice to the OP! (Very clever edit BTW)
  • Options
    we're married foo'

i played on the quiz machine thing tonight!! and yes we did pub quiz..i won a quid. har. i am brushing up on my skillz.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    we're married foo'

i played on the quiz machine thing tonight!! and yes we did pub quiz..i won a quid. har. i am brushing up on my skillz.
    Well done you!

I know we're married but you dont show me love often now :(
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options
    Yeah my little rule is until any thing is made offically offical then im still as free as a bird

this is only ok if both parties know where things stand, im sure we've all been in a relationship where one person thinks its going really well and moving on then the other person breaks up with them or something.

and also what do you define as oficial? is it when you sit down and agree your a couple or is it when your friends know about it? or your mum? the key is communication, if both parties are happy then fine but personally i would feel uncomfortable about seeing a girl who was dating someone else or dating someone when i was seeing someone, im a bit old fashioned tho :)
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote: »
    this is only ok if both parties know where things stand, im sure we've all been in a relationship where one person thinks its going really well and moving on then the other person breaks up with them or something.

and also what do you define as oficial? is it when you sit down and agree your a couple or is it when your friends know about it? or your mum? the key is communication, if both parties are happy then fine but personally i would feel uncomfortable about seeing a girl who was dating someone else or dating someone when i was seeing someone, im a bit old fashioned tho :)

Agreed!!

Bird might think giving the other chap a bj and doesn't think it makes them official. Not saying it does or doesn't, all I know is I'd rather not be kissing her the day after!!

Likewise if blokes been drinking from the furry cup all night and then has date with you next day, you gonna be happy having him all kissing you? :o