Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Would YOU wear fur?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Removed due to its spam-like flavour

LadyJade
  • Options
    You seem to be plugging this site - you are not connected to it are you....??

Wee fly bit of advertising ????? :p
  • Options
    Mec4040 wrote:
    Removed due to its spam-like flavour
    (The ever-so-lovely) LadyJade
    Not another one! :banghead:
  • Options
    -15 farenheit is only -9 celcius, so yes, fur can definitely be done without!
  • Options
    -15 farenheit is only -9 celcius, so yes, fur can definitely be done without!

HUH - You got that. Good one! :thumb:
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    We don't need them, there are so many other fabrics that we can use, it's just a status symbol (and a gross one at that). :yuck:

The same could be said for meat, there's just not a fucking chance in hell you're going to get me to give up steak in favour of tofu.

Same could be said for alot of things actually. We don't need cars. We could walk. We could take public transport. Both would help cut down on pollution, but we still drive 'cause we want to.
    Mushy24 wrote:
    I'm going to say that I think I've already answered that question. Anyway - here it gets about -15 F. on a really REALLY bad winter day. Still, I can deal w/o the fur.

Good point. Shame they don't have Nike, GAP, and GoreTex in Siberia, eh?
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    The same could be said for meat, there's just not a fucking chance in hell you're going to get me to give up steak in favour of tofu.

Well - good for you. I would eat tofu over steak any day. Eat what you want - I don't care.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    Good point. Shame they don't have Nike, GAP, and GoreTex in Siberia, eh?

For real, what exactly are you trying to argue about? Do you live in Siberia? I think if you take a look @ what I've written in this thread, you'd realize that I'm not talking about Siberia. My problem is with the people who just want to wear fur to show that they are rich or powerful. For example I was watching some STUPID show on TV the other day, it was about a rich mom and her daughter - the show was filmed over a period of two days, during the half-hour program they both changed into a total of about 25 different fur coats. Who needs all that?

Now really - can YOU tell me that YOU need a fur coat where YOU live?
  • Options
    You know, I went through a brief phase of "pointing the finger"...until I realised that I was causing as much damaged to the environment, animals, (etc..) as everyone else !! (unintentional...but damaging nevertheless.)

Who doesn't use a car, use plastics, recycle rubbish, burn coal, use shaving foam, use a spray of some sort, and fart...the list is endless.

:no:
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Well - good for you. I would eat tofu over steak any day. Eat what you want - I don't care.

You kinda missed the point in that one, eh?
    Mushy24 wrote:
    For real, what exactly are you trying to argue about? Do you live in Siberia? I think if you take a look @ what I've written in this thread, you'd realize that I'm not talking about Siberia.

Oh believe me, I have been. The hypocisy has been making me cringe.

This is what it comes down to:

Yes, the animals are treated poorly. Even if, somehow, you managed to stop rich people who don't need fur coats from buying them, there's still going to be badly treated animals in Siberia etc. for the sake of people who do need them.

It's OK to 'torture' animals then as long as people who need them get what they want?
    Mushy24 wrote:
    For example I was watching some STUPID show on TV the other day, it was about a rich mom and her daughter - the show was filmed over a period of two days, during the half-hour program they both changed into a total of about 25 different fur coats. Who needs all that?

Granted, that's a bit excessive... but so what? The harms been done. What's the point of getting angry or upset about it? It's not going to change a fucking thing.
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Now really - can YOU tell me that YOU need a fur coat where YOU live?

Nope, but I might start wearing one just to piss you off :)
  • Options
    Just for the record - Fur in of itself is not immoral.

Treating animals inhumanely is. It makes no odds whether the animal is for the pot or the coat.

Its not a question of need its a question of want. We want lots of things, this isnt any different.
  • Options
    Ya know what, I'd wear a fur coat if I could afford one. Reason being is not cos i think they a cool, infact its the oppersite they are sooo warm!! I know I dont live in siberia but I feel the cold so badly. I'm in my house now central heating on full, fan heater on full by my feet, wearing 4 layers and i'm still freezing! At college I have to wear 2 t-shirts and 3 thick jumpers just to stop myself shivvering. The only time I dont feel the cold is when I've been drinking and I cant fucntion normally if I'm constantly drunk. So yes. I would wear fur. There are only so many jumpers you can wear at one time. If I wore one more I wouldnt be able to move my arms.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:

Oh believe me, I have been. The hypocisy has been making me cringe.

Nope, but I might start wearing one just to piss you off :)

Okay - enough. You think what you want to think and I will think what I want to think.......Deal?
  • Options
    yea right that will work lol
  • Options
    Depends what fur.
    I bought my girlfriend a pair of Mink fur cuffs and a Mink fur neck collar.
    Cuffs where £210 and the collar was £189. Cheap but seriously fashionable. And soo soft.
  • Options
    MadRueNRG wrote:
    Depends what fur.
    I bought my girlfriend a pair of Mink fur cuffs.

Are they like the normal fluffy cuffs?
  • Options
    Nope. Not real stuff. Probably not fake stuff either.
  • Options
    I've been thinking about making my cat into a hearth rug when he pegs it, but not before then.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I've been thinking about making my cat into a hearth rug when he pegs it, but not before then.
    I was thinking of making my hamster into a beer mat.
  • Options
    I wanted to make my guinea pigs into slippers when they passed on, but mum refused

:(