Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would YOU wear fur?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kiezo wrote:
    I come back with smart arse replies 'cause I'm a smart arse. My original comment was a smart arse reply, yet for some reason you took it seriously.

Didn't seem very 'smart' to me, and neither do you. You just seem angry all the time.
    And this is my last reply - I really can't be fucked trawling through your shite anymore, you turn threads into absolute drivel.

:wave:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Didn't seem very 'smart' to me, and neither do you. You just seem angry all the time.

I don't seem very smart? Harsh words coming from a chav.
    Skive wrote:
    And this is my last reply - I really can't be fucked trawling through your shite anymore, you turn threads into absolute drivel.

Do us both a favour then and never reply to anything I post ever again.
  • Options
    Mukluks

I have never gone out of my way to wear fur until recently when I tried on a pair of Mukluk Boots it was only then that I realised how comfortable and warm natural fabrics are.

I haven't my Mukluks off since - so would I wear fur? Yes! :)
  • Options

Proof, if ever needed, that money cannot buy you style.
  • Options
    Smash wrote:
    Proof, if ever needed, that money cannot buy you style.

unless you are an Inuit.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I really can't be fucked trawling through your shite anymore, you turn threads into absolute drivel.

:wave:

well he DOES have a point there...
  • Options
    well he DOES have a point there...

They usually turn into an argument where tonsa people continue arguing their points for pages upon pages, which is a damn sight better than the 'What kind of sandwhich are you?' or 'LOL I WIN!!!' pish that seems to inundate the boards.
  • Options
    Oooh, totally OT - but I made the main site with my reply to this. I'm am SO witty, non?

Continuez-vous...
  • Options
    No Fur Coats - J Lo Is A Dumb Whore

Hey if you can watch this and still wear a fur coat than I hope you have a nice time burning in hell, for the rest of you, only watch if you don't get very sick or emotional from watching innocent animals suffer. (I couldn't watch the whole thing). http://www.furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/
  • Options
  • Options
    fur is bad

Actually girl with sharp teeth - I have. I felt it needed to be stressed that this is what happens to make a coat. I personally feel very strongly about it and had noticed that no one had posted the site in a while and thought others may not read all the way back to access it. It is important to see. Does that upset you? Why? Perhaps you are a little too moody. Oh and I'm sorry - do you think you are a vampire? HA HA HA HA HA PSYCHO!!!!!
  • Options
    At least she's warm tbh.
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Does that upset you? Why? Perhaps you are a little too moody. Oh and I'm sorry - do you think you are a vampire? HA HA HA HA HA PSYCHO!!!!!
    What the fuck are you going on about.
    I think we are ALL aware that fur coats are made from dead animals.
  • Options
    You are a fucking moron! It's not the fact that they are just killed, it is how they are killed. Need I explain it agian? If you are truely that stupid than you should seriously go fuck yourself. (her name is girl with sharp teeth - that's why I asked if she was a vampire - fucking idiot!) Please if you are this stupid - don't waste my time (or anyone elses for that matter).
  • Options
    You are a fucking moron! It's not the fact that they are just killed, it is how they are killed. Need I explain it agian? If you are truely that stupid than you should seriously go fuck yourself. (her name is girl with sharp teeth - that's why I asked if she was a vampire - fucking idiot!) Please if you are this stupid - don't waste my time (or anyone elses for that matter).
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    You are a fucking moron! It's not the fact that they are just killed, it is how they are killed. Need I explain it agian? If you are truely that stupid than you should seriously go fuck yourself.

Yeah but, so fuck? I don't care. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. It doesn't make me sad or think twice for a moment.

Not caring != stupid, stupid.
    Mushy24 wrote:
    (her name is girl with sharp teeth - that's why I asked if she was a vampire - fucking idiot!) Please if you are this stupid - don't waste my time (or anyone elses for that matter).

Yeah we got the "joke", it just wasn't funny.

My only regret is that these animals aren't eaten once they're skinned - they look kinda tasty :(
  • Options
    I actually agree with you, they should be eaten if they are going to be killed. It is a waste of life. (there you go - you made a good point, you should be proud of yourself). Oh by the way, it wasn't a joke - simply an explaination to a prior comment. sorry - I wasn't intending it to be funny (perhaps thats why it wasn't -- hmm?)
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    I actually agree with you, they should be eaten if they are going to be killed. It is a waste of life. (there you go - you made a good point, you should be proud of yourself). Oh by the way, it wasn't a joke - simply an explaination to a prior comment. sorry - I wasn't intending it to be funny (perhaps thats why it wasn't -- hmm?)

Girls like you make my penis sad :(
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Waste YOUR time newbie????? :lol:
    I dont even remember the last time I saw fur for sale in this country so im not sure whether your campaign is going to tell anyone anything they didnt already know. The vast majority of people in the UK dont wear fur.
    I dont own any fur, nor would I go out of my way to get any, but Im not going to start campaigning against it because that would obviously be completely hypocritical being that I am not even a vegetarian.
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    her name is girl with sharp teeth - that's why I asked if she was a vampire

I didn't know you knew her.

It's a very comfortable coffin we share, nice and cosy.

Now I would personally buy fur, to annoy yourself and the other PETA nutcases more than anything. We have a fur coat in the family, and very warm and toasty it is too.

They're not killed any more violently or inhumanely as any other animal for human consumption.

Out of interest, do you only wear plastic shoes?
  • Options
    Sorry - I'm not in the UK. And as far as I can see there are people from other countries on here as well. Fur is big here in the US and it's getting bigger. I'm glad you don't see this problem in the UK. I hope the same happens here. Really I'm not a Peta fan either, they're too extreme for me. I do not like to see animals suffer, especially so that J Lo can war a coat. Thats all.
  • Options
    no - hemp shoes - there are very comfortable.
  • Options
    Do you wear only plastic shoes?

If not, I can smell the warms mell of hypocrisy.

ETA: sorry, I can't read.

Can't imagine they're very waterproof though.
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    hemp shoes

You are STYLIN'!
  • Options
    If people want to wear fur then they may as well. Of course it seems a bit pointless if there is an artificial equivilent that's just as good. But then what animal is going to die to make the fur? I mean I imagine if someone has a coat made of cat fur then it'd be a bit more distasteful than one made of fox fur, given that the foxes are pretty likely to be killed anyway.
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Sorry - I'm not in the UK. And as far as I can see there are people from other countries on here as well. Fur is big here in the US and it's getting bigger. I'm glad you don't see this problem in the UK. I hope the same happens here. Really I'm not a Peta fan either, they're too extreme for me. I do not like to see animals suffer, especially so that J Lo can war a coat. Thats all.
    Ah I see. This is a UK based board though, and although youre very welcome here and we do have members from around the globe, I and others are most likely to be looking at things from a UK viewpoint.
    If I was in a country where it was a big issue then Id probably feel more against it than I do. Maybe thats burying my head in the sand? Im not against killing animals though, but I am against treating them badly while theyre alive. I dont like the idea of fur farming but im not really particularly clued up about the issue.
    I think the UK is quite unusual compared to the rest of the world in its attitude to fur.
  • Options
    I think that in the UK it's not necessary to wear fur, as we never get the extreme cold, so synthetic fabrics will do just as well.

But, like it or not, real fur is better than plastic fur at keeping the cold out. In the US or Canada or Russia real fur is quite often a necessity.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I think that in the UK it's not necessary to wear fur, as we never get the extreme cold, so synthetic fabrics will do just as well.

But, like it or not, real fur is better than plastic fur at keeping the cold out. In the US or Canada or Russia real fur is quite often a necessity.
    Its not really a neccesity for JLo though.
  • Options
    nope, it's disgusting to kill animals for their fur. and how they do it is horrible.
  • Options
    i wouldn't wear real OR fake fur... i think it looks tacky