Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are you feelings right now towards Americans?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    'Can't we just all get along'

:(
  • Options
    tbh. I couldn't care a less if they voted in Gee Dub Ya or not. Like I don;t really care if Blair gets another term 'n stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    And it actually saddens me that you don't care what the rest of the world thinks of American foreign policy.

Isn't that part of the yanks' constitution? To not care about other countries unless there's something in it for them?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Russ T Bitz
    Isn't that part of the yanks' constitution? To not care about other countries unless there's something in it for them?
    Harsh, but ultimately fair. True of most of humankind also to be honest.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Sour grapes.

Why do you support Bush?
  • Options
    Don't worry we will.

No, 'we' won't .......

• Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    That country now deserves everything it fucking gets.

Everything.

They are a set of brainless cunts. To a person.

What the fuck do you exp[ect from a country that cites "moral valyues" as it's most important electoral area, and then votes for a President who outlaws abortion and the contraceptive pill.

You are an intolerant ****. Moral values aren't objective. Morality for some means outlawing abortion. You can't see this because you are an intolerant, stereotyping and ignorant fool.

Bush is not a complete moron. You are a moron for thinking that just because of his faulty oratory style and minor mistakes that he is not a shrewd and talented politician.

You are the worst kind of Xenophobe, the type of European (typically French, Spanish or even German) that has a snobbish sense of superiority over Americans, thinking that they are somehow all mentally inferior to us. They aren't.

You are just as intolerant and ignorant as some of the "Christian Right" in America.

Incidentally I would have voted for Kerry and I think Bush has been a pretty bad president in many respects, but I just cant stand this self-righteous snobbery that really doesn't have any grounding.
  • Options

Fool. That is every single nation's government's position. Thats what governments do, they fight for the interests of their people.

You've obviously bought into all the propaganda saying that America is the Devil and only look out for themselves while trampling on the little people.

America is the biggest aid donor in the world for starters. They basically bankroll the U.N. too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kernal_panic
    just as an FYI all of those on the other side of the pond:

We don't actually care what you think over there. do us a favor please. kick out tony blair and take your troops home. then you can stop whining about us and about iraq.

You too, are a moron.
  • Options
    Originally posted by groovechampion
    Fool. That is every single nation's government's position. Thats what governments do, they fight for the interests of their people.

You've obviously bought into all the propaganda saying that America is the Devil and only look out for themselves while trampling on the little people.

America is the biggest aid donor in the world for starters. They basically bankroll the U.N. too.

Serious surface comprehension of the driving forces of foreign polciy you demonstrate Groove.

Where to even begin with this load of commonly regurgitated PR rubbish.

First off, Washington has trampled on more smaller nations, installed more brutal puppet regimes, overturned more sovereignly elected governments, launched more interventionist and expansionistic wars of aggression (under the bogus banner of protecting Democracy) than any other country over the past 50+ years (post WWII). So no, groove, to call the governing presumption of might makes right that has only increased sinced the end of detente "demonising propaganda" is patently false. It is all too accurate an indictment.

Secondly, I suggest you learn what foreign AID means. What Washington provides to developing nations is BAIT, conditioned with stringent requirements such as the privatisation of recipient nations' natural resources. This is most often accomplished through our established front organisations the IMF and World Bank (in which, unlike in the UN, the US has the ONLY veto and the largest single vote).

Nevertheless, even when conducted directly through USAID, the requirements remain the same. It is in essence an elaborate mechanism to ensure neverending dependency and guaranteed market dominance by US multinationals (especially in the agricultural arena for giants like Monsanto, Archer Daniels Midland, DuPont, etc.).

The term AID is used ad nauseam as with any successful PR to gull those who dont bother to dig beneath the surface to discover the true cost to those recipient nations.

Thirdly, whilst the US is the largest single contributor to the UN budget, it remains its largest debtor in unpaid dues.

http://usa.unaaction.org/showalert.asp?aaid=480

It certainly does NOT "bankroll" the entire UN as all member states contribute to the overall budget. The US (as noted in the above link) has still not approved its payment of its 2003 obligations and is unlikely to do so until next year. 127 other member states, on the other hand HAVE paid. Of course this indicates failure to pay by yet other member states, but it also demonstrates the inaccuracy of your claim about US payments.

http://www.un.org/News/ossg/hon2003.htm
  • Options
    Did I forget to say that I am feeling GREAT about Americans???

Bush Country

County Breakdown of 2004 Presidential Election Results

Red = Bush (GOP)

Blue = Kerry (Democrat)

BushCountry04Map.jpg
  • Options

No, I think you meant 'brain donor".

America (and I only used a capital letter as it was the start of a sentence) is basically a schoolground bully. You either do as it says or it beats you up. It makes its own rules and changes them to suit itself.

I long for the day China spanks you on the arse and puts you in your place.
  • Options

What a load of unmitigated tosh - USAID is a lower proportion of the GDP than European countries and is blatantly targetted in the interests of US foreign policy - only 18% of it goes to the poorest countries, Israel of course has been the most generously endowed for a long time - all to fund the killing of Palestinians.

Graph
    the United States currently ranks last among the 22 nations of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) in spending on foreign development and humanitarian aid as a proportion of GDP. The United Nations recommends that rich nations spend at least $7.00 on development aid for each $1000 of GDP. We spend about $1.10, compared with $1.90 by Greece, $3.20 by the U.K., $7.60 by Sweden, and $10.10 by Denmark.

The planet's Ebeneezer Scrooge

As for the idea that governments "fight for the interests of their people" ROTFLMAO

You're the one who bought, internalised and regurgitated the propaganda sunshine......
  • Options

Compared to GDP they're one of the LOWEST aid doners in the world, and the effectivness of their aid (according to a world bank report that I've totally failed to find) is next to nil.
  • Options
    No, I think you meant 'brain donor".

America (and I only used a capital letter as it was the start of a sentence) is basically a schoolground bully. You either do as it says or it beats you up. It makes its own rules and changes them to suit itself.

I long for the day China spanks you on the arse and puts you in your place.

I'm not American.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Serious surface comprehension of the driving forces of foreign polciy you demonstrate Groove.

Where to even begin with this load of commonly regurgitated PR rubbish.

First off, Washington has trampled on more smaller nations, installed more brutal puppet regimes, overturned more sovereignly elected governments, launched more interventionist and expansionistic wars of aggression (under the bogus banner of protecting Democracy) than any other country over the past 50+ years (post WWII). So no, groove, to call the governing presumption of might makes right that has only increased sinced the end of detente "demonising propaganda" is patently false. It is all too accurate an indictment.

Secondly, I suggest you learn what foreign AID means. What Washington provides to developing nations is BAIT, conditioned with stringent requirements such as the privatisation of recipient nations' natural resources. This is most often accomplished through our established front organisations the IMF and World Bank (in which, unlike in the UN, the US has the ONLY veto and the largest single vote).

Nevertheless, even when conducted directly through USAID, the requirements remain the same. It is in essence an elaborate mechanism to ensure neverending dependency and guaranteed market dominance by US multinationals (especially in the agricultural arena for giants like Monsanto, Archer Daniels Midland, DuPont, etc.).

The term AID is used ad nauseam as with any successful PR to gull those who dont bother to dig beneath the surface to discover the true cost to those recipient nations.

Thirdly, whilst the US is the largest single contributor to the UN budget, it remains its largest debtor in unpaid dues.

http://usa.unaaction.org/showalert.asp?aaid=480

It certainly does NOT "bankroll" the entire UN as all member states contribute to the overall budget. The US (as noted in the above link) has still not approved its payment of its 2003 obligations and is unlikely to do so until next year. 127 other member states, on the other hand HAVE paid. Of course this indicates failure to pay by yet other member states, but it also demonstrates the inaccuracy of your claim about US payments.

http://www.un.org/News/ossg/hon2003.htm

I never knew that the US's aid came with strings attached.
    I suppose that's big business interests rearing their ugly head again.

But I do know that the US pays a huge proportion of the U.N.s running costs, just because they haven't paid for 2003 doesn't mean they won't.

I'm not trying to say that America is a perfect country, I just hate the xenophobic snobbish superority that some people have about them. Saying they are all brainless hicks is like saying Germans are all Nazis or French people are all cowardly, a moronic stereotype.
  • Options
    I never knew that the US's aid came with strings attached.
    I suppose that's big business interests rearing their ugly head again.

most aid comes with string attached, that's why it's so RUBBISH.
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps

As for the idea that governments "fight for the interests of their people" ROTFLMAO

You're the one who bought, internalised and regurgitated the propaganda sunshine......

Rubbish, of course that's what governments do. They fight for their people's interests. By "fight" I mean discuss, bargain, negotiate etc. in case you didn't understand.

That's exactly what they're elected for, sunshine, for instance a huge issue in our next election will be how Blair is going to represent our interests in Europe. He doesn't just do things blindly for the good of human kind, his actions are directed at getting the best deal for Britain. Just like every other government in the world, sunshine.
  • Options
    I'm not American.

And I was speaking generically.
  • Options

But I do know that the US pays a huge proportion of the U.N.s running costs, just because they haven't paid for 2003 doesn't mean they won't.

according to the UN link from Clandestine UAS didn't pay in 2002, 2001, or 2000

so how does the USA pay for a huge proportion of the UN's running costs?
  • Options
    Rubbish, of course that's what governments do. They fight for their people's interests. By "fight" I mean discuss, bargain, negotiate etc. in case you didn't understand.

That's exactly what they're elected for, sunshine, for instance a huge issue in our next election will be how Blair is going to represent our interests in Europe. He doesn't just do things blindly for the good of human kind, his actions are directed at getting the best deal for Britain. Just like every other government in the world, sunshine.

Unless you're part of the ruling class sunshine, you're talking out of your bottom.......

Otherwise old chap, the gap between the rich and poor would be reducing not increasing - the "people" tend to be the poor....
  • Options
    I certainly do.

I'm glad you feel liberated. But you will surely understand people's concerns about the whole Iraq fiasco when we hear reports of attacks by Iraqis (the ones actually living in Iraq btw) on British and American troops?

yes, i can certainly understand you would want to know why your brothers and sisters are being sent in harm's way!

as for those attacking you and the americans, they are the smallest minority, those who were not destroyed by your initial attacks. i must admit, this confused me and infuriated my father why you would try to occupy a country as big as iraq with so few soldiers (my father was an officer in the iraqi army, by the way). he knew that by moving so fast, you would leave many many troops in your rear who would later cause trouble. then on top of that, al qai'da and other OUTSIDERS have invaded my country to wreak havoc. these are the true enemies of iraq, islam, and the west. they kill only to kill, not to liberate, protect, or enlighten. they are mad dogs fit only to be slaughtered. i hate that in many cases they have allied themselves with my countrymen.

as for the wmd's. what was the world to think? sadaam always bragged on his capabilities, he deceived you in the west and he deceived his own people. my father was sure there were wmd's! in the iraqi army, they had training and equipment to operate in areas where gas and germs were to be used. the scenario was always against a superior attacking force of iranians and it was assumed we would have been the ones using the weapons.

ugh, who can understand the thinking of a madman?

uncle joe,

"This is our country, and we would like to stay," Mohammed says. "We have to believe that things will get better, and I think they will. But, in the meantime, we are living in fear. We really are. I did not know what that phrase meant before, but I do now."

these are the people who will ultimately save iraq and make all your efforts worthwhile! thank you for this article. i know from family and friends in baghdad, the thing they fear most are the common criminals...for the car bombs, they have developed a "sixth sense" in knowing where not to be! :)
  • Options
    well, i guess many americans are happy with their election. amusing/clever bumper stickers: http://www.lagmonkey.com/
  • Options
    Russ T Bitz

Quote:
    "I long for the day China spanks you on the arse and puts you in your place."

If that were to ever happen, the redeeming factor will be you're next.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the Americans. They have to put up with another four years of monkeyman in charge.

When I was over there there was alot of anti-bush sentiment in those that I spoke to.

I also feel sorry for all those that can't vote because they are judged on passed convictions. If that rule was applied to Bush he couldnt be president because of his drink driving conviction.

• Options
    Stella

Quote:
    When I was over there there was alot of anti-bush sentiment in those that I spoke to.
    If that rule was applied to Bush he couldnt be president because of his drink driving conviction.

Obviously, you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. If the Anti-Bush sentiment were as strong as you claim the election would have gone to Kerry.

Regarding the DWI charge, that's just foolishness.
  • Options
    Quote:
    You've just elected the Christian Taleban.

This is merely a method to paint all Bush supporters with the broad brush of generalization. This makes it easy for simple minds to digest the fact that at least half the population of the most powerful country on the planet disagrees with you.

Oh the humanity......

The fact is Bush picked up a considerable number of Hispanic votes this election accounting for nearly a 2.4% increase in his percentage of the popular vote.

So which of you open minded socialists would care to step forward and label the American Hispanic community ignorant buffoons? But why stop there we could put that label on everyone south of the US border.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bandito

So which of you open minded socialists would care to step forward and label the American Hispanic community ignorant buffoons? But why stop there we could put that label on everyone south of the US border.:rolleyes:

Really... you need to learn to keep up... that label is applicable to everyone WEST of the pond... :rolleyes:

Haven't you been keeping up on your reading, in this place? :confused: Don't you genuflect to your Che poster, every morning? :confused:

What's WRONG with you??? :confused:
  • Options

Erm, you're saying the whole American Hispanic community voted for Bush? What a load of nonsense.......

Shouldn't you be out celebrating FOUR MORE WARS instead of talking to a bunch of pinko liberal communist socialists?

:confused:
  • Options
    Re: Russ T Bitz
    Quote:
    "I long for the day China spanks you on the arse and puts you in your place."

If that were to ever happen, the redeeming factor will be you're next.

Such a caring international concern. And you wonder why we think your administration and half the population of your country aren't worth the air they breathe...