Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are you feelings right now towards Americans?

Are you angry? Indifferent? Happy for them? Do you shake your head in disbelief?

I have to say I'm fucking lost for words. Frankly it'd seem that about 50% of US voters have only one brain cell, and it's stuck on 'idiot'.

I think practically the whole world will be despairing with me at this moment. What is the problem with those people???
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Baffled how over 50% can vote for Bush. Cheats and lies aside.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's disheartening. I actually thought they were waking up and begining to realise that they've all been lied to for the past 4 years. You think that, you get your hopes up, you actually start to think for a second, just a second, the Americans were going to make the right choice.

But they didn't. I must agree with you, I'm lost for words too.
  • Options
    Four More Years!!!!!

We made the right choice.
  • Options
    Angry how the hell can they vote for that tyrant. I have lost the faith I had in the American public.
  • Options
    Just really depressed. I cant get angry with them, not really my right. I cant and shouldnt really tell them how to vote.
  • Options
    Aladdin

Quote:
    Frankly it'd seem that about 50% of US voters have only one brain cell, and it's stuck on 'idiot'.

Typical liberal mindset, "If you don't agree with me, you must be stupid."

And you claim conservatives are intolerant.
  • Options
    Americans have got the president that they deserve.
  • Options
    Re: Aladdin
    Originally posted by Bandito
    Quote:
    Frankly it'd seem that about 50% of US voters have only one brain cell, and it's stuck on 'idiot'.

Typical liberal mindset, "If you don't agree with me, you must be stupid."

And you claim conservatives are intolerant.

There go your civil liberities.

There goes any chance of things getting better in the world without Bush and his Fascist friends invading countries.

I hope you yanks are fucking happy. :mad:
  • Options
    I’m very disappointed. Most of the Americans I know are Democrat anyway, I’m sympathetic towards them as I know how hard they tried and how close they were again. It’s definitely a bad day for America but it doesn’t change my view of Americans. It’s a long way away but I’d like to see Hilary Clinton run for 2008, I think it would be great for America to have a woman Democratic President.
  • Options
    Such is democracy. If they want Bush they can have Bush. I personally wouldn't have voted for him, but then Kerry always seemed a bit dopey to me.

Two party politics is simply not good enough for the most powerful country in the world.
  • Options
    It's simple Bandito: considering that Bush cheated into power the first time around (don't you care for democracy if it's your party that gets in?) and considering that without any doubt whatsoever, Bush's first term can only be described as the very worst government in the history of the USA, the entire world unites in grief and commotion at the news that Americans have chosen to vote for that bunch of useless, incompetent, lying, cheating, murdering fascists.

I do genuinely feel sorry for you. I believe a landmark has been passed today. And I think that by 're-electing' such dark, dangerous, corrupt and sinister bunch of cunts, Americans have done themselves no favours whatsoever. Neither at home, nor internationally.

Very dark times lie ahead for your fine country. I hope you enjoy the celebrations. Because one day you will realise what you have done, and it won't be pretty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    're-electing'
    :confused:
  • Options
    That country now deserves everything it fucking gets.

Everything.

They are a set of brainless cunts. To a person.

What the fuck do you exp[ect from a country that cites "moral valyues" as it's most important electoral area, and then votes for a President who outlaws abortion and the contraceptive pill.

Any woman who voted for Bush had better be getting their necks ready for a good old stretch.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    :confused:

I think the point Aladdin was making was that the American public didn't really elect Bush for his first term, so this isn't a re-election.

I'm not angry with America but I'm just.....disappointed :(
  • Options
    I'm angry with them.

Women in the US had better be afraid. Very very afraid. You've just elected the Christian Taleban.
  • Options
    I think we're going to see an unprecedented level of worldwide backlash against the US now.

And that would be terribly unfair on the good people of America, of which there are countless millions.

But as far as I'm concerned there is no excuse whatsoever this time round for Republican voters. Not when Dubya and his friends have had and will continue to have a massive negative influence on practically the entire world.

They are the enemy of mankind.

A very sad day for America indeed.
  • Options
    Total bloody fury! :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bandito
    Four More Years!!!!!

We made the right choice.

Depends on your definition of "right" I suppose.

We have just been witness to the most divided nation most of us oldies can remember. We have also seen huge interest from outside of the US praying for a Bush defeat, not because people think Kerry is a better option generally but because he's not GWB. That is the legacy of the first four years of a Bush Presidency. Not the war in Iraq, not terrorism, not the Kyoto issue, not economics. No, the legacy is division. He couldn't have put it better himself when he said "you are either with us, or against us". He meant the US, but I think that the "them and us" principle is more personal that that.

If that is what you want from a national leader then fine, you have made the right choice.

I suspect however that all we will see for the next four years is the division within the US, and the divisions across the globe being exacerbated. I pity the next resident of the White House because there will need to be huge bridge building...
  • Options
    I really hope something can be done to control American actions.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Adelle
    I think the point Aladdin was making was that the American public didn't really elect Bush for his first term, so this isn't a re-election.
    Both sides are corrupt to the core. Bush was elected insofar as Gore conceded and Bush was inaugurated. The American college system is rubbish, but there are reasons why it exists. Tough titties if your guy doesn't get in. Kerry is a fraud anyway; he only gets my vote because he's better than Bush.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Kerry is a fraud anyway; he only gets my vote because he's better than Bush.

Yeah, I think I'd have rather seen a rubber chicken in the Oval Office than Dubya :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Adelle
    Yeah, I think I'd have rather seen a rubber chicken in the Oval Office than Dubya :/
    I think that was the alternative actually. :D
  • Options
    America farts in the face of the world just as it was about to breathe a sigh of relief.

We have to respect the American peoples' decision but things have just got a hell of a lot worse for the rest of us. I can't begin to imagine what the next 4 years are going to be like.

And the worst thing is this will give Blair confidence.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Braineater
    We have to respect the American peoples' decision

No we don't.
  • Options
    I'm counting down the days until they start hacking away at Roe v Wade
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I'm angry with them.

Women in the US had better be afraid. Very very afraid. You've just elected the Christian Taleban.

Dude it's like this "christian" taleban. Nothing they stand for is a christian outlook.

I'm disappointed and disheartened.
  • Options
    This fucking pathetic whimpering is just that , pathetic.

Bush won by a clear margin in an election where the turnout was much higher than average. (Actually higher than the last UK election).

The Great Democracy have chosen the best leader for the task ahead.

I very much doubt Bushes policies over the enxdt 4 years will involve such thigns as banning abortion.

During the election campaign he flirted with ideas such as gay marragie merely to get his base fired up and voting, and goddamn, it worked.l

Saying that Americans are stupid is pathetic and oh-so-predictable. How did I know that this is th excuse you jealous European left wingers would come up with? The American public voted in record numbers on issues which matter.

The war on terror, moral issues (like it or not these ARE important), Iraq.

I was suprised that the election was not closer, because of job losses and the like, ut the economy shouldnt take long to pick up in the wake of this suprising electoral stability.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    This fucking pathetic whimpering is just that , pathetic.

Bush won by a clear margin in an election where the turnout was much higher than average. (Actually higher than the last UK election).

The Great Democracy have chosen the best leader for the task ahead.

I very much doubt Bushes policies over the enxdt 4 years will involve such thigns as banning abortion.

During the election campaign he flirted with ideas such as gay marragie merely to get his base fired up and voting, and goddamn, it worked.l

Saying that Americans are stupid is pathetic and oh-so-predictable. How did I know that this is th excuse you jealous European left wingers would come up with? The American public voted in record numbers on issues which matter.

The war on terror, moral issues (like it or not these ARE important), Iraq.

I was suprised that the election was not closer, because of job losses and the like, ut the economy shouldnt take long to pick up in the wake of this suprising electoral stability.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spoken like a true trooper there Matadore.

Going down the Conservative Club for celebratory drinks tonight? :D
  • Options
    Conservative To-Do List -- 2004

Presidency X
    House X
    Senate X
    Supreme Court (Next)

:D
  • Options
    Show how much you know.

The Surpeme Court was done a long time ago.

Remember Florida 2000?