Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are you feelings right now towards Americans?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nice c & p Matadore! Or did you do it all by yourself?

This made me laugh though:
    To OBL and all his sympathizers

As it was to be expected it went completely over your head (and those of your neo-con cousins) that this is exactly what bin Laden wanted to happen.

Hence his perfectly timed video last week.

In fact, you should be grateful to him for assisting in 're-electing' your masters and idols :lol:
  • Options
    Burn in hell Matordore, you are as bad as that Texan butcher.
  • Options
    Mat, you forgot System of a Down, Zack De La Rocha, Nofx and the rest of the "Rock Against Bush" bands, Tom Morello...

People with sense.
  • Options
    Not to mention about 95% of the people of planet Earth.

But then, neo-cons like Matadore have never cared much about people.

Have you Mat?
  • Options
    It was a foregone conclusion really. And no, I don't feel angry at yer average American. What do you expect from a country that consistently denies its people access to decent education and news?

Anyway, even if Kerry had got in it would have made very little difference to anything.
  • Options
    a democratic president and a republican house and senate, would lead for some decent policy that actually would be scrutinised
  • Options
    imagine if the bible belt suddenly dissapeared a couple of days ago, bush would barely have got 50 seats, it's quite scary that the fate of our world lays in the hands of a bunch of neo con evangelic red necks :(
  • Options
    Re: Aladdin
    Originally posted by Bandito
    Quote:
    Frankly it'd seem that about 50% of US voters have only one brain cell, and it's stuck on 'idiot'.

Typical liberal mindset, "If you don't agree with me, you must be stupid."

And you claim conservatives are intolerant.
    what a pile of bollox!
    no i aint read the whole thread.
    cos i got to this reply and couldn't go any further.
    the whole fucking world didn't suddenly wake up one morning with anti american feelings or even anti right wing feelings.
    i have family in america and canada.
    we look to america for freedom ...fantastic nation ...our helpers in times of troubles we can't deal with our selves ...rock n roll ...holywood ...the dream ...
    but ...people were quaking in their boots a few years back thinking if this guy and his band of merry men ever get into power there will be wars and mayhem and mass poverty ...realy.
    ...and now it has all come to pass.
    and you will pay the price.
  • Options
    System of a Down, Zack De La Rocha, Nofx and the rest of the "Rock Against Bush" bands, Tom Morello...

I would gratefully add them to the list, their bands being shite only adds to the merriment.
    Burn in hell Matordore,

:lol:
  • Options
    Why do you support Bush Matadore?
  • Options
    It was their choice. Admittedly, the split pretty much goes down the middle, but if that's who they want, that's who they get.

If they lose their civil liberties or get killed by terrorists or are sent to war then they can't really get angry, but then isn't that the whole point of democracy?
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    I would gratefully add them to the list, their bands being shite only adds to the merriment.

soad fucking rule
  • Options
    soad fucking rule

• Options
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
  • Options
    Sorry, couldn't resist it :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Why do you support Bush Matadore?
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    soad fucking rule

Indeed they do.
  • Options
    Americans:Can't see what's past the end of their noses.
    Those earning less than $50,000 a year have really fucked themselves up.
    Those who are gay or want an abortion don't stand a chance.
  • Options
    If one can't accept how Americas have voted then you need get a life!

Oh people have accepted it but they are surprised and disappointed which is to be expected really.

I dont like Bush for what he stands for poverty, rolling back civil right and war

The world is going to get worse and so will Iraq.

Iran and N Korea will become more militant and these boys are close to building Nukes! Personally i dont blame them there are scared of Bush's America
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    If one can't accept how Americas have voted then you need get a life!

Like the US administration couldn't accept how the people of Chile voted in the early 70's so backed a miltary coup that led to the torture and murder of thousands of people.
  • Options
    What are your opinions towards Americans?

I have no problem whatsoever with Americans, if i did have a problem with a whole nation of people I would be no better than Kilroy!

OK so that is cleared up, i do not agree with Bush, i do not like bush, i wanted Kerry to win as he seems like a more down to earth guy. However throughout all the speeches and campaigns i felt that Bush was the stronger. If i were an american i would vote for someone who could lead and be a confident leader.

I also would disagree with some of the attitudes tonight, in a democratic society what did you really expect the americans to do?

"Oh what a shame, those critisising knobs on thesite.org may start calling me some horrible names if i do not vote for their choice, oh yay lets be bullied into voting for their choice yipppeee!"

Thats rich coming frm a lot of you, when names like "yanks", That country....brainless ****s", "fascist bastards" are being hurled around i find quite offensive and quite disappointing.

Like i said i do not like Bush, yet i respect these people for voting for the man they felt would do best.

It seems that you have to agree with the other side to be "decent" and "acceptable" well i would disagree as on your logic guys, you would be quite happy with a dictatorship, where people cannot choose.

I wished Kerry had got in however, we dont know what promises were made, only the Americans who voted know their reasons to be quite frank they do not need to justify themselves to you lot, to defend their nation and name.

I find it quite hypocritical that you see it fit to insult the people who seem to hold a different view to you.

Believe me i m not happy myself, i feel that Bush is hiding a lot from us and that he is a dodgy man, however Blair is no different, and to be quite honest i can see that slime ball getting in again! I do not like the way Iraq was handled and i for one supported Kerry, he just was not the stronger candidate....So what... get over it!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Thats rich coming frm a lot of you, when names like "yanks", That country....brainless ****s", "fascist bastards" are being hurled around i find quite offensive and quite disappointing.
    I fully agree with the sentiment, but since when has "yanks" been offensive?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    I fully agree with the sentiment, but since when has "yanks" been offensive?

Well it wouldnt surprise me in this day and age if it was banned is some places!

I know one American who finds the word very offensive and she wishes not to be called it.

I respect her wishes yet like you say i do not find it offensive, but the word american in a topic like this would have been better suited, it is being used a rude term.
  • Options
    well, all i can say is that one day my family may be able to go home because of bush and the americans.

i could go home now, but who the hell wants to live in baghdad right now???:p
  • Options
    Quote:
    I dont like Bush for what he stands for poverty, rolling back civil right and war

What a load of crap Marv...

You want to back that up, or are we just throwing out unsubstantiated charges for effect?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Americans have got the president that they deserve.
    And Bin Laden will be cracking open a bottle of Newky Brown for his pal Bush...

What gets me is all this 'healing the divisions' stuff, after the most divisive, plain spiteful attacks seen in an election campaign since ever, most of it directed towards Kerry. Kind of makes me despair of all politicians, when they so blatantly amp up the moral outrage before the election, and lapse into grumbling slumber afterwards.

Don't suppose the SBVs are going to be much use against Hillary. Rove will have to come up with a new bag of tricks...
  • Options
    Quote:
    people were quaking in their boots a few years back thinking if this guy and his band of merry men ever get into power there will be wars and mayhem and mass poverty ...realy.

Really?? It’s all come to pass? Mass Poverty???? Maybe you're talking about your nation, America’s on a roll. If you don’t believe me try reading a newspaper. 5.4% unemployment, 1.3 million jobs created in the last year, largest GDP Quarterly growth rates in over 20 years, lowest interest rates in 40 years, the Housing Industry is booming… .

Why is it that all you can see is gloom and doom? It’s an affliction that affects the left called Chicken Little Syndrome.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I'm angry with them.

Women in the US had better be afraid. Very very afraid. You've just elected the Christian Taleban.
    Not to worry. Things like stem cell research (v. lucrative) and abortion will still get the green light. They'll just let the Democrats make all the running, and take all the blame...
  • Options
    I think the front of today's mirror sums up what many people are thinking.
  • Options
    The Mirror is partially right. Because not all of those 59 million people are dumb. Some are fucking cunts.

I could excuse some Republican voters in 2000. I can't now. Given the unspeakably appalling record to date, practically all of Republican voters can be categorised into two groups:

1. As fucking thick as two short planks

2. Evil fucks.

I shall make an honourable exception of Thanatos (if he indeed voted for Bush), since he claims that he simply could not vote for Kerry on conscience issues- namely charges of 'treason'. But apart from him and maybe a few others with similar issues, there was no excuse whatsoever for voting in that bunch of incompetent, lying, cheating, murdering deranged criminals.

And before anyone complains about generalisations and all of that, bear this in mind: 47% of Bush voters still believes Saddam has stockpiles of WMDs.

Which translates as: nearly half of Republican voters are retarded.