Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Middle class crime

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because the middle class "yoot" aren't stupid enough to cause havoc on their own estates.

Eugenics, it's a wonderful thing
  • Options
    If your name is Heinrich Himmler maybe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    If your name is Heinrich Himmler maybe.
    that jobs doing you more good than you possibly realise ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Eugenics, it's a wonderful thing

Showing your true colours, eh?

antifascist.gif
  • Options
    To Whowhere

Surely true. But the same may be said about British citizens and British police and military.
    For me the question ‘to be or not to be’ armed is very simple. Everybody who denies my right to have a gun denies my right on self-defence. Everybody who denies my right on self-defence denies my right on life.
    The fact that British police is much more citizens-friendly than American one doesn’t abolish the natural right on self-defence. No one government can put a cop in every backyard and even on every street. What the best police in the world can do when a crime has been committed already? Will a police pathologist help me?
    Hell, all living creatures defend their lives, homes, families! Humans only can’t do it. Is it just?
    I know that all statistical data from different sources indicate that while a crime rate in America is falling in UK it is rising. The most dangerous violent crimes like rape, burglary, robbery ( no murders though) are more common in England than in America nowadays.
    ( if you have some doubts I can find links to quite respected sources)
    I read that a risk to be robbed in London is three times higher than in New-York. When the hell in the past this was possible? During last 30-50 years all social changes went in parallel in both countries even their economic policy copied each other ( Reagan and Thatcher), so what is a cause of British rising crime?
    Since I don’t buy a version about nasty immigrants I have one logical explanation only- British policy of disarming citizens encourages criminals, makes them bolder and more irrelevant to consequences.
  • Options
    Labrat - put that Robert Heinlein book down, grow the fuck up and come back to the real world.
  • Options
    New Yorks falling crime rate is nothing to do with an armed population, New York has a complete ban on firearms.
    If a citizen were to pull a pistol out on a robber on a crowded street he would be shot by the police, plain and simple.

I'll reiterate a gun fact for you.
    In the UK in 2002 68 people died from bullet wounds. In the USA, an Armed country the number was 11,000.
    The UK has a population of 60 million, USA 250 million, a population roughly 5 times greater.
    Yet it has a gun death toll 161 times greater, please explain the reasons behind this.
    An armed country where people have the right to an armed self defence having such a high death toll.
    And isn't it America that has gangs with members running into the tens of thousands?
    Yes the UK has it's crime problems, but don't dare suggest they are anywhere close to that the USA faces, because if you knew your numbers you'd know that all crimes in the UK have fallen significantly with the exception of alcohol fuelled crimes and car theft which have risen.

Yes we have the right to self defence, and many will wield that right. But I can tell you now, if you are attacked in the street and kill your attacker you'll be done for murder, plain as.
  • Options
    And by the way, if you want a decent view on the state of gun use in the USA then watch bowling for columbine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    And by the way, if you want a decent view on the state of gun use in the USA then watch bowling for columbine.
    I watched it. Cheep propagandist crap. I was laughing all the time.
    If you want a decent view on the state of gun use in USA read John R. Lott. Or watch Innocent Betrayed.
    Or at least read the interview with Dr. Lott
    http://www.strike-the-root.com/3/chapin/chapin10.html

I don’t have a gun but I will buy it when I can afford this and find a seller I can trust to, no doubts. And I will have nobody to be afraid of… except the police of course.
  • Options
    Noone to be scared of? LMFAO, only cowards need guns. What you gonna do, walk down the street with it tucked in your belt and shoot anyone you don't like the look of?
    Are you going to do what that old chestnut of a member Thanatos did and keep an automatic rifle in your pickup truck? Don't forget to paint it red with a confederate battle flag on the bonnet eh!

There are more civilised western nations that have a blanket ban on the use of firearms than nations that allow their citizens to be armed. Those nations have a lower mortality rate from guns than those that allow them.
    If someone is going to rob you it's because they are desperate, in the UK they may have a knife. In the USA they will have a knfe and may have a gun.
  • Options
    Any wonder?...their taxes are given to lower class people whilst the upper class wouldnt miss their tax!

We are middle class, and since i started uni have slowly become lower class, howver only diffrence is we still pay our taxes to pay for other peoples TV licenses and car tax!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    How on earth did you manage that?
    Or do you mean that you've less money?

The fact that last week i had to buy glasses, have an eye test and i need my medication every month, i am on less money than someone on the dole, i earn £115 a month not nearly enough to get me to uni, get my medication and food!

But because i am a student "i chose that way of life" as quoted by an hc1 representative!

Charming the fact that my dads taxes could pay for my tuition fees, and other things that my teenage parent mate can afford on the tax payer, yet she is considered lower class due to income!

Disgusting, my mum and dad cant afford the mortgage on their house let alone tuition fees!
  • Options
    Go on the dole then....or get a part time job?
    Temp agencies are normally quite good with students.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    howver only diffrence is we still pay our taxes to pay for other peoples TV licenses and car tax!

What the hell are you talking about? :confused::confused::confused: