Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Middle class crime

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by ladymuck

crack, gun crime always in poorish areas not done by Middle Classes , that's what needs stamping on hard

right ...your crimes should be overlooked but the crimes the lower classes comit should be dealt with more harshly ...stamped on hard in fact.
    hasn't everyone in this thread being telling you about this attitude ...this way of disbelieving. even whowhere as a young copper is telling you about this fucking attitude.
    do you think the poor mad bad people are those responsible for shipping multimillion quid loads of drugs into the country?
    come on do you?
    do you think it's working class thugs supplying weaponry around the world ...often against the law?
    do you believe that the multion billion dollar game called fraud is mostly comitted by the poor?
    are you from button moon?
  • Options
    The whole discussion is pointless.
    Things you are talking about are no crimes. Using drugs, possessing guns, speeding, prostitution, copying CD’s, contraband, tax evasion not speaking about these stupid TV licenses that don’t exist in normal countries, are not crimes.
    Crimes are murder, rape, theft, robbery. Do you think they are widespread among the middle class?
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    Things you are talking about are no crimes. Using drugs, possessing guns, speeding, prostitution, copying CD’s, contraband, tax evasion not speaking about these stupid TV licenses that don’t exist in normal countries, are not crimes.

of course they are crimes, maybe not as bad but they are crimes........thats why people get arrested and locked up for doing these things.
  • Options
    The whole discussion is pointless.
    Crimes are murder, rape, theft, robbery. Do you think they are widespread among the middle class?
    they need to keep you locked in the lab more ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    of course they are crimes, maybe not as bad but they are crimes........thats why people get arrested and locked up for doing these things.
    Arresting and locking people for these things IS CRIME.
    In this sense, yes, since state officials belong mostly to the middle class, the middle class is the most criminal group of the population.
  • Options
    whowhere as a young copper is telling you about this fucking attitude.

you mean the flat-footed hobby-bobby who's admitted to pouring youngsters cider down the drain, pah, I couldn't give a flying f*ck what he says:lol:
  • Options
    you mean the flat-footed hobby-bobby who's admitted to pouring youngsters cider down the drain, pah, I couldn't give a flying f*ck what he says:lol:
    as usual you are proving everyones point for them ...
  • Options
    What I'm saying is I couldn't give a flying f*ck about a few m/c fantasists being all daring in a survey and confessing to heinous crimes like such as not paying their road tax or televison licence and damaging items before returning them for a refund

And if you do you've not the oil in your lamp you think you have:rolleyes:

Aladdin , on reflection stick to Bush/Blair /Sharon - you're on slightly stonger gound there

Its easy to see you don't give a flying f*ck especially as you continue to be so disinterested in this thread...four pages on from the initial post. :rolleyes:

Actually its been entertaining debating with you on a topic away from the usual.

Adieu

ps don't you go concerning yourself with the oil in my lamp
  • Options
    pah, I couldn't give a flying f*ck what he says:lol:

you couldn't give a flying f*ck about anything can you ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    you couldn't give a flying f*ck about anything can you ?
    she is a pompous deluded cow.
    welcome to your guide to the real world ...seriously.
  • Options
    I didn't say it did

Yes you did. Want me to quote you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Yes you did. Want me to quote you?

Its hard work following you two you know. I keep seeing you both quoting each other and it takes me half an hour to back track to the bit you are quoting :p
  • Options
    I'm the one thats always right :p;)
  • Options
    Although I think she fancies me, y'know.
  • Options
    Although I think she fancies me, y'know.
    her bit of rough ...
  • Options
    Might chill her out a bit...
  • Options
    What I'm saying is I couldn't give a flying f*ck about a few m/c fantasists being all daring in a survey and confessing to heinous crimes like such as not paying their road tax or televison licence and damaging items before returning them for a refund

But you could give a fuck about any non-white stealing from us all? Not that you are racist of course...

The simple point is that a crime is a crime. There is a victim in each example given. You may think that damaging items and then returning them is acceptable but it's just another form of theft, same a burglary. You may think that it's okay because its a big company that is affected and not Joe Schmo down the road, but how do you think they account for the costs - take it out of profits or up the price for everyone else.

Non payment of council tax means that everyone who does pay, has to pay £30/40 more, it no different to people shoplifting or damaging goods. The costs are passed on.

Just because these crimes are committed by the m/c doesn't make them anymore acceptable.

Especially when those same middle classes are complaining about the rise in crime level.

Zero tolerance would be the answer, wouldn't you say?
  • Options
    Speeding not a crime Labrat? Do you have any idea how many people get killed on our roads every year? About 3500 at last count.

Thats many many times more murders than there are.

Holding an illegal gun not a crime?

Would you be happy knowing that people down your street held machine guns?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Would you be happy knowing that people down your street held machine guns?
    Why do you think that would upset me? They would be safer. If everybody on the street held machineguns and burglars, muggers and hooligans knew this it would be the safest street in the city. We wouldn’t need cops at all. And we’d ask Why the hell must we pay taxes for cops? This simple question is a real reason why guns are ’illegal’.
  • Options
    Why do you think that would upset me? They would be safer. If everybody on the street held machineguns and burglars, muggers and hooligans knew this it would be the safest street in the city. We wouldn’t need cops at all. And we’d ask Why the hell must we pay taxes for cops? This simple question is a real reason why guns are ’illegal’.

What a predictably crazy response from you.
    Its working in the US innit? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I've asked you this before Labrat, can you name me one country where there is wide spread and unregulated ownership of guns which is safer than Britain?
  • Options
    What a predictably crazy response from you.
    Its working in the US innit? :rolleyes:
    Yes it is working there. Read "The Bias Against Guns: Why Almost Everything You've Heard About Gun Control Is Wrong". by John R. Lott., the best research ever done. He analysed data for 25 years from all American counties.
    It is also working in Switzerland. It was working in England 100 years ago quite well.
  • Options
    Doesn't Switzerland have the highest number of firearms crimes in Europe?
  • Options
    The Swiss do indeed have a very large number of guns, but then their population is very different to ours.

Also do you fancy producing some figures to back up your point?
  • Options
    FYI I do more than pour kids booze down the drain.
    I work with communities identifying problems and work with the council to get help sort them.
    I provide intelligence to the regulars
    I am authorised to arrest people I see committing a serious crime
    I deter criminals of all sorts
    I help communities to have faith in the police once again. I do the things that PC's used to do 30 years ago, I'm enforcing laws that have been there all along but ignored.

The alcohol thing, let's see. Teenagers sitting around on a CHILDREN's playpark at 6pm is seen by many as intimidating and completely anti-social. It's even worse if they are all drunk by 7pm and wander off into town to cause trouble.
    Alcohol is one of the biggest catalysts for crime in this country, the police have recognised that by stopping it at the bottom will help prevent trouble later on.
    I may be a "hobby bobby" but so far only one person has said I'm not needed, and thats because I confiscated his son's UNLICENSED, UNTAXED, UNINSURED moped.
    Everyone else I've met know that if there is a problem I will sort it, I have been first on the scene at a sudden death, car theft, arson and successfully helped in brining anyone involved to justice.
    I help the police manage bail offenders, if I see someone breaching bail I report it. Before it went unreported and people were getting away with things.

Labrat, gun crime eh? Last year in the UK 68 people died from the result of a gun. In the USA it was 11,000. Still think widespread gun ownership is the way forward?

Back to the middle classes. I work in a middle class area and I can say without fear of being proven wrong that just because someone is wealthy doesn't make them any less likely to beat their wife in a domestic (or isn't that a crime if you beat your wife), they are just as likely to get an underage girl pregnant, they are just as if not more likely to get caught smoking weed in public and they are just as likely to turn out to be the county's biggest supplier of illegal drugs. The middle classes don't seem to be as criminal because they are much better at hiding it, and if they are caught they are much more likely to escape with a light sentence because the magistrate is also middle class and is impressed with the suit.

Muck, I may be a "hobby bobby" but it's a million times better than being a bigotted, racist, most likely ugly, unemployable bitch. I say unemployable because if anyone found out your real identity they'd be onto the police in a second. You'll find that having "guilty of inciting racial hatred" on a criminal record isn't looked upon too favourably by employers, unless of course you choose to work fulltime for the BNP, in which case your "qualifications" are more than enough.
  • Options
    Ouch! A well worded retort, well done.
  • Options
    The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.
    -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558.

Germans who wish to use firearms should join the S.S. or the S.A.--ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the state.
    -- Heinrich Himmler

But wait! You say:
    Originally posted by Whowhere

I am authorised to arrest people I see committing a serious crime
    So you are one of them? Samurai or Arian Race, yes? You have the right to arrest others but they stupid serfs have no right to arrest you, right?
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    What the hell was that? He has the power to arrest someone and you term him a Nazi or Samuri, where's the logic in that?
  • Options
    The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.
    -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558.

Germans who wish to use firearms should join the S.S. or the S.A.--ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the state.
    -- Heinrich Himmler

But wait! You say:

So you are one of them? Samurai or Arian Race, yes? You have the right to arrest others but they stupid serfs have no right to arrest you, right?
    Congratulations!

Errr....no because I'm in the police you dolt. If you knew anything about the law, criminal justice system or crime in this country in general (which from your previous posts you have exhibted a complete lack of) you would know every citizen can make a citizens arrest if they see someone commit a crime. Most people however choose not to, because quite rightly they are putting their lives at risk, and would rather the police do it, because the police have the resources to see that person get justice.

So please, what the hell are you on about?
  • Options
    They would be safer. If everybody on the street held machineguns and burglars, muggers and hooligans knew this it would be the safest street in the city.

You are talking out of your arse.........wake up and get back to reality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!