Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Middle class crime

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't believe anyone's going with all this, middle classes admitting to offences more like fantasy for a survey

Who do you think have the higher rate for convictions, m/c or w/c
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    I can't believe anyone's going with all this, middle classes admitting to offences more like fantasy for a survey

Who do you think have the higher rate for convictions, m/c or w/c
    the lower classes have always had the highest rate of covictions because the police force ...besides keeping general law and order are there to protect the haves from the have nots ...how could it be any other way?
    the lower classes always get the bigger sentence as well ...
  • Options
    imo (and i am m/c i guess) i think w/c are more likely to be victimised than m/c, because m/c are the ones running the country and its always been easy to blame everything on the poor man, they cant really fight back.........and yes i think w/c are more likely to bend the law out of necessity than m/c.........not good to generalise but there it is.
  • Options
    lady muck ...if i had a container full of anything in my yard at the moment that was nicked who do you think i'm going to sell it to?
    go down to poorsville and get a fiver a box ...on credit ...
    i don't think so. when i can sell a truck load of hi fis for fifty quid as opposed to a tenner ...are you still up with this raw economics we're talking here.
    of course most of the nicked gear ends up on your patch.
    the rough guy nicks it in one posh nieghborhood and flogs it in another. so your all buying each others gear ...you are listening to the voice of experience here ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the lower classes always get the bigger sentence as well ...

Is that do do with the fact that other classes can afford a decent lawyer and get them off, or at least get them a better sentence (if you know what I mean ) ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Is that do do with the fact that other classes can afford a decent lawyer and get them off, or at least get them a better sentence (if you know what I mean ) ?
    not often i wouldn't think.
    your adress your clothes your grovelling manner ...all seems to effect your sentence.
  • Options
    Yes lower class people are more likely to be a victim of crime, because there is more harmful crime committed by the lower clases. This is in the main because of their enviroment. Put anyone in a situation where they have nothing to loose and they are VERY dangerous.

But, in terms of numbers of crimes it is clearly the middle classes which out do either the higher or lower classes.

The lower classes especially black males are far more likely to get longer sentances and more convictions for a whole host of reasons.
  • Options
    But, in terms of numbers of crimes it is clearly the middle classes which out do either the higher or lower classes.

I'd really like to see you justify that statement
  • Options
    Well, I'll have a look and see what I can come up with.

I know that the black market in drugs in this country provides more money for criminals than anything else. And it is the middle classes which buy and use the most drugs.
  • Options
    And it is the middle classes which buy and use the most drugs.

scraping the barrel for an argument there

you'd be the 1st to say use of most drugs is no crime at all
  • Options
    What?! No, clearly taking any illegal drug is a crime. Whether that is a good idea or not has nothing to do with the FACT it is a crime.

I have said TWICE in the thread already that it is the lower classes who are involved in more damaging crime.
  • Options
    The spirit of the thread is though is of supposed hypocrisy, the upstanding, self-righteous middle classes

I don't believe this survey, there's no threat living amongst the middle classes, any time spent amongst the lower orders is

a) unsatisying, they're uneducated, ignorant and boring
    b) dangerous as there's more violence, road rage...
  • Options
    No threat, in my experience having grown up in a very solidly Middle Class area I've found them very dangerous.

Friday and Saturday night outside pubs in Middle Class towns is a dangerous time.
  • Options
    Brixton v Finchley (crime wise)

Ladymuck - you say you wuld rather walk down Finchley than Brixton at night? What difference does it really make? Is Finchley your neighbourhood?

Here's sth that should interest you in teh last 10 years after a resurgence of the yuppies in Brixton since the 1980's Brixton has become an extremely middle class area if the property prices are a good indicator of prosperity.

Brixton is no longer 'black' (black is still associated with crime in the UK media) but majority white as well as other non-bnlack minorities such as teh Portuguese and Hispanic communities. Brixton is thriving in terms of business. Another chestnut is Hackney/Dalston and the London fields areas also now totally yuppy zones. So tell me what exactly is the difference between Brixton and Finchley as they are both middle class zones. Are you then admitting that middle class zones are actual danger points, albeit teh reason you wld rather not walk down the street in Brixton. Please enlighten us all.
  • Options
    The spirit of the thread is though is of supposed hypocrisy, the upstanding, self-righteous middle classes
    Are you denying that hypocrisy is very much real and extensive?
    I don't believe this survey
    How convenient
    there's no threat living amongst the middle classes,
    Other than being run down by a speeding BMW... or beaten up by an arrogant city boy coke-head... or shot in the back with a shotgun for the terrible crime of breaking and entering...

Unfair generalisation? Well look at the fucking bullshit you posted below:
    any time spent amongst the lower orders is

Piss off you boring troll.
  • Options
    scraping the barrel for an argument there

Actually its true that the middle classes consume more drugs. But you don't see the consequences as much due to money and power. But I do see a few middle class people in my job, but the majority are working class.
    you'd be the 1st to say use of most drugs is no crime at all

Muddy thinking there ladymuck. The use of drugs shouldn't be a crime IMO, but due to prohibition, the supply is in the hands of violent thugs and criminals with all the social problems that this entails. And its the working class that bear the brunt of this.
  • Options

I don't believe this survey, there's no threat living amongst the middle classes, any time spent amongst the lower orders is

You really are a nasty bitch aren't you?

sorry mods, but theres no way I'm ignoring ladymuck's insults here :mad:
  • Options

you need to get out more!
    this place is only a guide to the real world ...and you don't seem to be learning much from that.
  • Options
    The great thing about todays society is you get many uneducated and ignorant middle classers who havnt got a hope in hell of earning more than £5 an hour and would rather drink themselves stupid or spoil themselves rotten with daddie's money while you get many incredibly intelligent and well informed working class people with first class educations.
  • Options
    BlackArab asked for an expert opinion, unfortunately there aren't any of those people but I will provide you with my firsthand experiences as a Police Support Officer. I've read LAdyMuck's posts so these are for her and any other "haters".

The Middle Classes, tend to in my experience be law abiding. However when they commit a crime the following things will occur:
    They will believe they have the RIGHT to commit the crime because they are wealthier or live in a nicer area.
    Their crime will cost the COUNTRY more
    They will be the first ones on the phone to us if they see so much as a child playing football, but that same person the next day will say "just 5 minutes" when they park in a bus stop.

A few weeks ago, one VERY posh lady parked her car in the middle of the road, causing traffic chaos. When she returned to find a couple of us debating to get the car removed she seemed bemused and wondered why it was such a problem. She recieved a penalty of about £60 for obstruction of the highway. 20 minutes later her equally rich brother who happened to be a solicitor rang up saying it was outrageous that we gave his sister a ticket and he wanted to contest it. Just a pity that accepting the ticket means you admit guilt which we as lower and middle class officers delighted in telling him :lol:

Now for the lower class areas. Prostitutes....who do you think visits them? Poor people can't afford their services. it is usually the rich who are arrested for soliciting. There are no prostitutes in rich areas because the wealthy have the biggest voice when it comes to anti-social areas.
    Untaxed vehicles, I find more in the council estates, but I get MORE grief off the people in the suburbs, "I forgot" "it's only a month out of date", "it's in the post".
    One woman yesterday rang up and said she'd had it in her glove compartment. Just a pity that you HAVE to display it at all times.
    Anti-social behaviour? Most of the young hooligans are from the council estates, however they are the ones who give the police least grief. So far I have confiscated weed of 3 people, all from wealthy areas. Never needed to from the poor folk because they accept that smoking it in public is just stupid.

Other middle class crimes? Tax evasion, costs the country millions. Yes a burglary may cost one person a lot of money, but someone fiddling the state on income tax is costing 30 odd million people money.

I can go on and on giving examples of crime in different areas, I can even look for police stats that aren't confidential for you, if I knew it would make you realise that being poor doesn't automatically make you a piece of scum.
  • Options
    if I knew it would make you realise that being poor doesn't automatically make you a piece of scum.

I didn't say it did
    Their crime will cost the COUNTRY more

financially? Even if that's so, what of the price of life, murders, muggings, rapes cause unquantifiable grief to victims, I'm sure you wouldn't say Middle Classes are prime offenders

crack, gun crime always in poorish areas not done by Middle Classes , that's what needs stamping on hard

Phoney, baloney survey - bin it, wate of money
  • Options
    Wealthy people are every bit as capable of raping someone.
    A rich man is just as capable of sitting outside a school watching all the little girls come out afterwards.
    A wealthy woman is just as likely to kill her cheating husband as a poor woman.

You can't measure human responses, however it is clear that financial crime is far more prevalent through the middle and upper classes than it is the working class.
  • Options
    lady, wake up your view is warped........even if any of what your saying was based on fact (its all a bit stereotypical isnt it), you have to look at the inequalities that exist which is the problem, its this that needs to be stamped out, you just want to keep the poor man down.........crime in middle class is rife, just theres a different attitude towards it.
  • Options
    Wealthy people are every bit as capable of raping someone.

Do they then? I thought juvenile gang rape , for example, was more practised by others than those Wealthy people

You can't measure human responses, however it is clear that financial crime is far more prevalent through the middle and upper classes than it is the working class.

I just posted about grief to victims being above money considerations

Your answers are very deceptive. you've underlined what I said but as you've ID'd me as a "hater" you have to be seen to disagree. I don't care , I don't think you could argue to save your life
  • Options
    OK Ladymuck, since the surveys wrong in your opinion, can you produce any stats to show this and I am talking about the crimes specifically mentioned in the survey.

Whowhere, thanks for the contribution.
  • Options
    Almost two thirds of middle class people and high-earning professionals admitted offences such as not paying their road tax or televison licence and damaging items before returning them for a refund

What is this old bollocks, for chrissake, not gun-running, crack or anything that f*cks up ppls lives. Are you taking that seriously pitched agaisnt all else that happens
  • Options
    Speeding ruins lives.

Drink driving ruins lives

Date raping ruins lives.

Ditto murders. :rolleyes:

Or serious assaults.

All of which are crimes which the 'middle classes' engage into just as much as the working classes, and in some cases more frequently.

So get a grip and learn to cope with the terrible blow the survey has dealt you. :rolleyes:
  • Options

I don't believe this survey, tv licence evasion is so easily detected amongst m/c ppl on electoral register,unlike dodgy underclass shifting around rented accom

You don't believe the survey, I am saying can you disprove it? I am more than willing to accept your findings from a reputable source...go for it.
  • Options
    What I'm saying is I couldn't give a flying f*ck about a few m/c fantasists being all daring in a survey and confessing to heinous crimes like such as not paying their road tax or televison licence and damaging items before returning them for a refund

And if you do you've not the oil in your lamp you think you have:rolleyes:

Aladdin , on reflection stick to Bush/Blair /Sharon - you're on slightly stonger gound there
  • Options
    Says she who sank to the bottom of the ocean on post 1 and has been crawling on the seabed since. :D