Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Middle class crime

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LabRat
    So you are one of them? Samurai or Arian Race, yes? You have the right to arrest others but they stupid serfs have no right to arrest you, right?

D'oh, ignorance is bliss sometimes. Othertimes it just makes you look stupid.

I can arrest him. I can arrest the PM if I wanted to. In fact I can arrest everyone except the Queen. She is the only person in this country with immunity from prosecution because all criminal cases are Crown vs... and you couldn't have Crown vs. Crown...
  • Options
    Just for everyone's info, there are 2 types of crime.
    There are common law offences which are classed as arrestable offences.
    These are offences such as shoplifting, robbery, murder which ANYONE can arrest for if they see the person doing it. This is why store detectives and PCSO's are allowed to detain thieves without being sued.
    Normal citizens don't use these powers very often because there is an inherent danger involved, with many people not having the first clue on how to detain someone without being beaten up

Other offences carry what is known as a power of arrest. These are typically only availble to a police officer. Things such as treason, financial crime, burglary, using drugs e.t.c.
    The difference between them is that a you can't see financial crime take place, you can only suspect someone of doing it. Which means a police officer can arrest with nothing more than a suspicion.
  • Options
    Whowhere you are obviously a corrupt servant of the Emperor of Japan, intent only on stealing the Serfs rice and I will ignore you from now on!!!!!

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Why do you think that would upset me? They would be safer. If everybody on the street held machineguns and burglars, muggers and hooligans knew this it would be the safest street in the city. We wouldn’t need cops at all. And we’d ask Why the hell must we pay taxes for cops? This simple question is a real reason why guns are ’illegal’.

But if eveyone had a gun wouldnt the burglars and muggers have them as well?
  • Options
    Yes, but then everyone could shoot each other and then there would be no more problems.

It works a treat in South Africa, parts of the US and the Far and Middle East.
  • Options
    Originally posted by marv

Nah, not in LabRats fantasy world :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    You are talking out of your arse.........wake up and get back to reality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Again, read the book I mentioned above.
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

... and you couldn't have Crown vs. Crown...
    Why not? What a strange idea. There can be as many queens in the country as you wish…
    Originally posted by Whowhere

Normal citizens don't use these powers very often because there is an inherent danger involved, with many people not having the first clue on how to detain someone without being beaten up
    Because they are disarmed, right?
    Originally posted by Whowhere

Which means a police officer can arrest with nothing more than a suspicion.
    Doesn’t this stand them above ordinary citizens?
    Originally posted by marv
    They will find guns regardless whether they are legal or illegal. In a country where citizens are disarmed gangsters are a privileged group. Then, a lot of criminals are really cowards. They are brave only against helpless people. I read that in UK the most dangerous kind of burglary -when people are at home- are 60% of all burglaries while in US only 10%. The reason is obvious.
    Then, look at this from another angle. All totalitarian regimes always tried to disarm the population. In Rwanda before Big Massacre all kinds of weapon were forbidden for Tutsi. ( and the Western World didn’t understand anything!). In Russia first attempt to ‘collectivise’ peasants made by Lenin failed, because they had guns. Then they were disarmed gradually and the next Stalin’s attempt was successful.
  • Options
    Why not? What a strange idea. There can be as many queens in the country as you wish…

There can only be one head of state, and in the UK criminal cases are prosecuted in the head of state's name.

The only way to change this is to do in the name of the people, but TBH I don't see the point of changing it.
    Because they are disarmed, right?

As are the police.
  • Options
    Yes it is working there. Read "The Bias Against Guns: Why Almost Everything You've Heard About Gun Control Is Wrong". by John R. Lott., the best research ever done. He analysed data for 25 years from all American counties.
    It is also working in Switzerland. It was working in England 100 years ago quite well.

If you really think gun ownership is a good idea in the states, you're even crazier than I thought you were.
  • Options

You really need to get an education.
  • Options
    Whowhere

Back to the middle classes. I work in a middle class area and I can say without fear of being proven wrong that just because someone is wealthy doesn't make them any less likely to beat their wife in a domestic (or isn't that a crime if you beat your wife), they are just as likely to get an underage girl pregnant, they are just as if not more likely to get caught smoking weed in public and they are just as likely to turn out to be the county's biggest supplier of illegal drugs. The middle classes don't seem to be as criminal because they are much better at hiding it, and if they are caught they are much more likely to escape with a light sentence because the magistrate is also middle class and is impressed with the suit

Wellyou've come with nothing to prove you right there.

Do they do as much domestic violence,smoking weed in public (big deal now),supplying of illegal drugs. No you can't genuinely assert yhet they do, and when it comes to having crim convictons, nasty + unpleasant crime it won't be them doing it.

As I said before your posts are quite deceptive.

I should stick to the nicked mopeds (stolen by de middle class yoot)

hahahaha
  • Options
    Interesting LadyMuck that you criticise people for not showing sources yet you yourself are yet to show anything to back up your view.
  • Options
    That's not true I often post links but then I'm not the one here making contentious claims
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    That's not true I often post links but then I'm not the one here making contentious claims
    as a man who has spent his time on the opposite side to whowhere i can tell you exactly the same as he's telling you. two people with first hand knowledge and experience and you still hide your head up your arse.
    if they catch a million quids worth of cannabis tonight ...the poor folk down at the dog and duck put their giros together to finance this illegal deal then ...
    credit card scammers with expensive high tech equipment ...all being done by the local yobs in the bus shelter yeah ...
    domestic violence ...usualy a wife battering husband... is known to be rife in the upper classes. most working class blokes would kick the crap out of their neighbour if they knew the woman next door was getting a beating.
    blokes like that are shunned in working clubs and pubs for the most part ...they are the ones who usualy get the saturday night black eyes.
    come down from button moon lady.
    please answer me one thing ...is it the gypsies and the homeless or the well heeled and housed who financed that 1 million quids worth of cannabis or heroin? remembering this is a bizz worth possibly 10 billion pounds a year ...don't you think there would be some seriously flash council estates by now?
  • Options
    if they catch a million quids worth of cannabis tonight ...the poor folk down at the dog and duck put their giros together to finance this illegal deal then ...

You can satirise all you like . Was Curtis'Cocky' Warren a recent big-time drugs crook middle class is the sense of this rhread, no he wasn't a thug who graduated into the big time. Likewise for much else big time crime

middle class areas are realtively crime-free, that's just it
  • Options
    one word bollocks!!!
  • Options
    Do they do as much domestic violence,

Probably, yes.
    smoking weed in public (big deal now)

Middle class teenage kids do smoke weed in public, yes.
    supplying of illegal drugs.

Some suppliers are middle class, yes. But this is a very flawed analysis. It takes no account of socio-economic factors like lack of decent education, opportunity, poverty etc.
    No you can't genuinely assert yhet they do, and when it comes to having crim convictons, nasty + unpleasant crime it won't be them doing it.

A lot of crime is associated with poverty, alienation, shit environment etc. As I said - your analysis is simplistic in the extreme.
  • Options

Really? I very rarely see you post a link that backs any of your claims, even though I always ask. You seem to avoid doing so in fact.
  • Options
    Really? I very rarely see you post a link that backs any of your claims, even though I always ask. You seem to avoid doing so in fact.

and others have pointed out to you that most of your posts are abusive, witless one-liners
  • Options
    Thats rich coming from you. :rolleyes:

Yes, I get abusive sometimes, but only when faced with your obnoxious, offensive lies. Maybe if you could back up any of your claims and didn't tell such obvious porkies, I wouldn't give you so much grief.
  • Options
    I wouldn't give you so much grief.

But you don't:)
  • Options
    Really :rolleyes:

Stop whinging about my "abusive, witless one-liners" then.
  • Options
    Who's whinging, I do so look forward to your posts:D
  • Options
    You're whingeing. Typical right winger, conveniently forgetting what they did 10 minutes ago.
  • Options
    think i'll make a nice pot of tea ...
  • Options
    soya milk and 1 sugar. ta :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    soya milk and 1 sugar. ta :)
    as long as you like it like police station tea ...tar.
  • Options
    hot and strong thanks (cue for a joke) :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    hot and strong thanks :)
    i remember a big seriously ugly butch policewoman ...seargent.
    evil and fucking hard as nails.
    i asked her if she rolled her own ...'no i smoke benson and hedges' ....i meant did she roll her own tampons.
  • Options

middle class areas are realtively crime-free, that's just it

Because the middle class "yoot" aren't stupid enough to cause havoc on their own estates.
    Buisnessmen aren't stupid enough to visit the brothels that are on their estate, they go elsewhere.

If you knew anything, you'd know that crime moves. Criminals travel. We are currently dealing with one lad from a very posh neighbourhood. he has had all the advantages in life, good education, good parents. He is know an (alleged) drug dealer and facing a charge for posession of offensive weapons and robbery.
    He didn't commit any of these crimes in his own area, he moved away to a lower class area where he thought he could get away with it. He didn't reckon that the law abiding "working class" residents would get sick of him and get him evicted.

Working class people are no more criminal than upper class people. Like I said before, gun ownership is only highlighted when it's in a lower class area. What isn't widely known is that most rural "upperclass" farmers have enough firepower to equip an army, and enough drugs to supply Colombia.

As for nicking people who steal mopeds, and? What exactly is your point? And please provide some evidence for your views, I've given you first hand experience. You've retorted with tenth hand BNP propaganda.

Labrat:
    The police are recognised as citizens who have been sworn in to protect the public. We have a unique police force in the UK. We have a term, we police with consent.
    We don't use firearms because we rely on the public to help us. We don't want them arresting people because it puts them in unnecssary danger, and it prevents the criminals getting away with their crimes. How exactly is a private citizen going to gather enough forensic evidence to send a rapist to court?????
    US police on the other hand don't police by consent. They are there to enforce the law, not help the community. They realised long ago that to enforce federal rule they would need firearms. The USA is the perfect example of a totalitarian state. It says in the constitution that the people can rise up against the government. What do you think the police and army would do if they tried?