Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shall I try drugs?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Lady Jade wrote:
    Pull your head in Sovereign, you aren't being very helpful. I have issues with your assertion that there is not such thing as mental illness, not in the least because there are many board users who have conditions they would identify as such.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but for one thing the weight of evidence is firmly stacked against you, and another you aren't being very respectful of other board users.

This is chap many posters defended in the Home, Law and Money forum because he was looking for a job that would enable him to continue to recieve Income Support and DLA for mental illness.. Something he felt entiltled to because 'it's fair compensation which the tax paying public should meet for being so cruel to me in the street'.

:rolleyes:

budda wrote:
    DiamondGeezer; I'm sure you are sharp enough to realise that the ramblings of the previous poster mean little if anything.

:yes:

TheSovereign please stop posting such unhelpful crap.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    No.

Hopefully, you won't find anybody here actaully advising anybody else to actually take drugs, but at the same time I was kind of hoping we'd avoid comments telling him specifically not to, especially from those who don't have any personal experience with drugs themselves.

I think the best thing we can do is provide the information on certain drugs, list the certain risks and effects (both positive and negative) and let the poster decide for themselves.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm.. interesting to hear people's responses.

The one drug I have considered is weed, BUT only if I had diabetes and getting Glaucoma and it was the only thing that could save my eyesight.

I can't stand the smell of weed, but if it's a choice between smelling bad, and having to deal with some dodgey people vs going blind I think I know which I'd pick.
  • Options
    having to deal with some dodgey people

Please don't read into TheSovereign's opinions too much. Not everybody who takes drug is a shady character.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Please don't read into TheSovereign's opinions too much. Not everybody who takes drug is a shady character.

LOL .. OK what I kinda meant was like I'd have to do a bit more then going to Holland & Barret to get the stuff ..
  • Options
    LOL .. OK what I kinda meant was like I'd have to do a bit more then going to Holland & Barret to get the stuff ..

do you mean to score?

watch out for con's, there's so many ppl who will happily sell you anti-psychotics for E or candle wax for Crack.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    And there are a vast majority who won't. Exaggerated scare stories don't inform reasoned debate and don't have any place on these boards, thanks very much.
  • Options
    no don't get me wrong i'm glad you're taking a liberal approach to drugs. i was once too liberal, i'd do as much as i could get a hold of, but i think if you speak to LOTS of former drug users for example the one who wrote the article from jail on your front page, they will describe how looking back they wish they'd never started.

it's not an exageration. an exageration would be to describe how omg everyone was high and loving it and how everyone wanted to help these guys who were being singled out by authority (secuirty or paramedics) and how everyone rushed to help these guys. the reality is that no-one will help you if you get into a state. no-one will because they wont. they don't want anything to do with you. its these moments you realise who your friends really fucking are.
  • Options
    n i think if you speak to LOTS of former drug users

There are a plenty of people here that fall into that category, but I don't think you'll find any of them agreeing with some of the twaddle you've been posting.
    it's not an exageration. an exageration would be to describe how omg everyone was high and loving it and how everyone wanted to help these guys who were being singled out by authority (secuirty or paramedics) and how everyone rushed to help these guys.

The fact is the majority of people who take drugs do have a good time, with no or very little problem. Of course there are exceptions, and you'll never find us stating that drugs are completely safe, but what you're saying here is just rubbish.
    the reality is that no-one will help you if you get into a state. no-one will because they wont. they don't want anything to do with you. its these moments you realise who your friends really fucking are.

That's not down to drugs though, that's down to the fact you've got shite mates.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If you are speaking from experience I am really sorry you found that to be the case, and the boards are here to share experiences.
    From a harm minimisation point of view, which is what informs the drugs content on the site, a balanced and evidenced view is the most informative for people to make up their own minds.
  • Options
    Hmm.. interesting to hear people's responses.

The one drug I have considered is weed, BUT only if I had diabetes and getting Glaucoma and it was the only thing that could save my eyesight.

I can't stand the smell of weed, but if it's a choice between smelling bad, and having to deal with some dodgey people vs going blind I think I know which I'd pick.

If this is the only situation in which you could imagine using a drug, then this thread if you dont mind me saying is a bit of a waste of time.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    of course they are not. i think its quite narrow minded to suppose they are tbh.
    DG, if you want to, then it couldn't hurt to try as long as you are careful.
    though tbh i'd do something better than weed if i were you ;)
  • Options
    people say that pills arnt addictive, but id say they are, just not in the same was as say heroin..

as really nobody fully understands the long term effects of most drugs, so we are all kinda the guinea pigs of the future... :thumb:

Well those people are wrong, thats hardly a fault of MDMA.

And yes, we do understand (at least in large part) what most drugs will do to the body in the long term, you just have to research it.
  • Options
    as a lot of people have said, it should be fine as long as you thoroughly research what you are taking- the pros and cons and effects. Id also advise trying it in a place you feel secure in with people you feel comfortable with, first time.

i dont think weed would have a hugely powerful impact on you:confused: ( but please correct me if im wrong) so yeah go ahead and try that.
    personally, to answer your question if you're missing out then id have to say yes. there ARE risks with taking drugs but ecstasy for example, is well overrated as a 'death drug', and it has given me some of the best experiences of my life. me and my mate were talking about it the other day and we were saying we find it frustrating that there's people we know who'd love it, but wont take it because of its reputation. im very glad i chose to take ecstasy.

however, i do think that drugs CAN BE a slippery slope. i started off at the beginning of the summer having the odd joint in the garage, and by the end of the summer i was doing pills and coke( and had turned down speed and acid as i didnt think i was ready). i think you just have to watch out what you take and how much of it you take. i take pills a couple of times a month now, and although they arent physically addictive i just watch how much i do em.

just be careful and try some soft drugs.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    If this is the only situation in which you could imagine using a drug, then this thread if you dont mind me saying is a bit of a waste of time.

Ahh but then I don't think I particular want to go sky diving, but people I've come across who have done it once say that's kinda life changing experience
  • Options
    Ahh but then I don't think I particular want to go sky diving, but people I've come across who have done it once say that's kinda life changing experience

That doesnt really answer my point though does it. You started the thread suggesting you were thinking of trying 'drugs' and asking for advice, but it seems now that you have no intention what so ever. I'm just curious as to why you asked. I'm not trying to have a go at you or anything, I am all for people who dont use joining in debates in the Drugs section, and I dont really have a problem wasting time, I just cant figure out what your motive is.
  • Options
    DiamondGeezer, I don't think there is any real answer to your question.
    I was perfectly happy with my life before I took drugs, but as Skive said, I was curious and I knew that personally I would regret it if I'd never tried them...this isn't the case for everyone. Drugs CAN ruin lives if you let them take control of you, however if you know how to use them and have a good time instead of abusing them then you should be ok...
    I don't regret taking drugs at all, they have really opened my mind to things and I've had some of the greatest times in my life on them and I'm fine with them... however I did nearly have a problem a while back where I nearly lost control which could have potentially ruined my life, I won't go into detail but basically I pulled through and I feel I'm a better person because of it.
    So basically it's up to you, drugs are fantastic in my opinion but be careful and remember that there ARE risks involved....one last thing...

Take time deciding whether this is the life for you because once you get involved with drugs it's very, very hard to get out.
  • Options
    i dont think weed would have a hugely powerful impact on you:confused: ( but please correct me if im wrong) so yeah go ahead and try that.

Cannabis is probably one of the least harmful drugs there is. However, it can have detrimental effects on some people - it can precipitate psychosis and its use can exarcebate (or even trigger) anxiety and depression.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Take time deciding whether this is the life for you because once you get involved with drugs it's very, very hard to get out.

Taking drugs should not be a way of life.
  • Options
    budda wrote:

You're right, it shouldn't. But unfortunately that is how it usually turns out, which isn't neccesarily a very bad thing as long as you're in control.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    depends on the kind of life you have with them!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    depends on the kind of life you have with them!

Yeah definately. There are plenty of people who can take 'em or leave 'em, save it for new years eve and big occasions.

Budda: I think DG wants to know if he's missing out or really not experiencing his life to the fullest by not trying any drugs. I don't see that anyone responding has posted anything to make it seem like drugs are a must do for some amazing reason so he remains unpersuaded...
  • Options
    i cant even believe this topic...

why ask a load of ppl who dont know u, if you should do drugs?

if every1 said yes, would u go do it? or if every1 said no, would u steer clear?

drugs are a personal choice, askin a forum is a bit juvenile
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    i cant even believe this topic...

why ask a load of ppl who dont know u, if you should do drugs?

if every1 said yes, would u go do it? or if every1 said no, would u steer clear?

drugs are a personal choice, askin a forum is a bit juvenile

er? excuse me? Why do non religious people go and ask religious people about their faith? Because we are interested in making the most of our experiences as a human and not missing out on something great by not knowing how great it was!

I find your response a bit jouvenile!
  • Options
    Try this site for a more indepth look at drugs.

www.erowid.org

Personally, I say anyone who hasn't tried drugs like ecstacy or shrooms definately are missing out. These drugs have severe drawbacks though, I've developed a mental illness or sorts from my use of drugs, depends on the person, some people can take drugs and only do them the odd time. Others feel the need to take them as often as possible.

Though lets not get confused, very few drug users actually develop any serious debilitating addiction.
  • Options
    it seems hung but the choice is yours. in recent years i've started to be more aware of the law regarding drugs, maybe that could be a factor. another factor to weigh up would be the psychological (not neurological) factors.

i don't believe in depression etc, but lots of ppl report bad comedowns and even err long term depression. someone said the weight of 'evidence' is against me. the evidence says that fleetin experiences with drugs transgress into long term impact on daily life. i don't believe that. but there are 100s of ppl in psychiatric wards who will tell you that cannabis (haha) fucked with their 'mental state'. moreover some say drugs like E are in their infancy with humans that there'll be hundreds of thousands of old ppl come 2050 with degenerative disease etc.

did anyone see the horizon a few years back with the guy with parkinsons who took E to aleviate his symptoms.. it was miraculous. he was chair bound then when he took e he was jumping on trampolines and dancing.
  • Options
    did anyone see the horizon a few years back with the guy with parkinsons who took E to aleviate his symptoms.. it was miraculous. he was chair bound then when he took e he was jumping on trampolines and dancing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2000/ecstasyagony.shtml

from the yr2000
  • Options

I thought you had left?
  • Options
    i think it was an empty threat
  • Options
    end of the day its your choice
    as long as you make an informed choice