Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Shall I try drugs?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Littleali wrote:
    drugs are a personal choice, askin a forum is a bit juvenile

Is it fuck. It's repsonsible to ask those with experience, and hopefully as experienced users we'll give responsible adive.

It's what the boards are here for after all.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Littleali wrote:
    i cant even believe this topic...

why ask a load of ppl who dont know u, if you should do drugs?

if every1 said yes, would u go do it? or if every1 said no, would u steer clear?

drugs are a personal choice, askin a forum is a bit juvenile
    oh dear god.
    what do you think this place really is for? just to post shit and dissmiss good knowledge? It's an advice siteregardless of the subject....and I'd personally take the advice over some of the guys in this forum than asking some of the people I know.
    There are some very well informed people in this forum, you obviously don't realise that and you aren't one of them.
    katralla wrote:
    er? excuse me? Why do non religious people go and ask religious people about their faith? Because we are interested in making the most of our experiences as a human and not missing out on something great by not knowing how great it was!

I find your response a bit jouvenile!
    bit of a difference

hmmm should i pray (which doesnt harm any1)

or should i take drugs (which could damage my health, which could become addictive, which could upset my family members....etc)
    VinylVicky wrote:
    oh dear god.
    what do you think this place really is for? just to post shit and dissmiss good knowledge? It's an advice siteregardless of the subject....and I'd personally take the advice over some of the guys in this forum than asking some of the people I know.
    There are some very well informed people in this forum, you obviously don't realise that and you aren't one of them.
    ahhh right

love they way I`M the one getting moaned at, DESPITE numerous people in here sayin its a personal decision....

pick on the newbie as usual, real mature :banghead:

at the end of the day, if he needs to ask should he do drugs, maybe he shouldnt, unless he is sure he wants to do them, then he shouldnt.........

as for saying i`m not well informed....u know this how? what exactly am i not well informed about huh? drugs? dont judge me just because i think asking people if you should do drugs is a tad sad.
    Littleali wrote:

No one here is deliberately picking on you because you're new, just that your comments weren't exactly helpful to the thread.

I've just read the entire thread (because I'm practically in the same position as the OP and was curious) and yes, it is a personal decision. But there's nothing wrong with researching peoples viewpoints, and I highly doubt that the poster would have based his decision entirely on what people here say.
    Littleali wrote:

at the end of the day, if he needs to ask should he do drugs, maybe he shouldnt, unless he is sure he wants to do them, then he shouldnt.........

as for saying i`m not well informed....u know this how? what exactly am i not well informed about huh? drugs? dont judge me just because i think asking people if you should do drugs is a tad sad.

I'm a newbie and I haven't been picked on yet :D although it is kinda sad when people do...

There was nothing that he said to state that whatever we told him to do he was definately going to do, I think he was just asking for advice and information about it from people with experience which would help him make up his mind
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I'm a newbie and I haven't been picked on yet :D although it I think he was just asking for advice and information about it from people with experience which would help him make up his mind
    :wave:

fair enough.....i dont get why people couldnt just say that instead of resorting to petty, personal insults and swearing...
    Littleali wrote:

She has a point, by the nature of DG posts I would say hes an informed adult, so really he shouldn't really be asking this question.

If he wants to use drugs or not it should be a personal decision, rather than asking everyones opinion.
    A lot of people taking drugs for the first time would consult people more knowledgeable on the subject, I know I did! Doesn't matter if they're your mates or people on a forum like this, I definitely think it makes sense.

As for the actual question, of course it's a choice you can only actually make yourself, and no one here is going to say "take drugs, take drugs, take drugs" because that'd be irresponsible as we all know there is a risk with illegal substances - however minimal. I, personally, would say the more experiences the better, but that's because the vast majority of my experiences on drugs have been amazing. I suppose it also depends on where you want your experiences to take you.
    Littleali the drug forum is here primarily to allow people to ask for advice about substances that can ulimately be very dangerous. Therefore I think it's repsonsible to ask those with experience, and hopefully as experienced users we'll give responsible adive. This forum is an excellent place to do some research into drugs if you're considering trying them.

The original poster's question wasn't just as simple as 'Should take drugs?', he was looking for more than just a simple yes or no, and he wanted to know if he was missing out on somehting amazing.

...and calling somebody 'sad' or 'juvenile' for asking advice on a board specifically designed for such a purpose is far from helpful is it?
    Weekender Offender 
    Littleali wrote:
    ahhh right

love they way I`M the one getting moaned at, DESPITE numerous people in here sayin its a personal decision....

Pick on the newbie? I hadn't even looked at your joined date! I was simply expressing my opinion on your opinion. Caling me names will gain you no respect.
    You can't be well informed if you can't see the positives of this thread.
    If you don't want other people's opinions, don't give your own.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Pick on the newbie? I hadn't even looked at your joined date! I was simply expressing my opinion on your opinion. Caling me names will gain you no respect.
    You can't be well informed if you can't see the positives of this thread.
    If you don't want other people's opinions, don't give your own.
    ok...a few things....

please indicate where i called u a name

i am well informed, on a lot of things, i`m just a firm believer that if ur gonna do drugs, you should do them because u want to, u shouldnt need an opinion

this thread asked for opinions, i however didnt, therefore the whole "dont give ur opinion if u dont want mine" thing is a weak argument.....
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    opinions are good so the person can weigh up their options and then decide. Its better jumping in to something when you know other peoples views and facts
    Skive wrote:
    Littleali the drug forum is here primarily to allow people to ask for advice about substances that can ulimately be very dangerous. Therefore I think it's repsonsible to ask those with experience, and hopefully as experienced users we'll give responsible adive. This forum is an excellent place to do some research into drugs if you're considering trying them.

The original poster's question wasn't just as simple as 'Should take drugs?', he was looking for more than just a simple yes or no, and he wanted to know if he was missing out on somehting amazing.

...and calling somebody 'sad' or 'juvenile' for asking advice on a board specifically designed for such a purpose is far from helpful is it?
    fair enough :)

but to me thats exactly what his post was askin

he asked it in the thread title, then asked it again in the actual post

he didnt ask for people`s opinions on different drugs, or ask for experiences, he asked should he take them or not, i responded to that

as for my post not being helpful, neither is swearing at me.......
    It was a more of a retrospective question: i.e. Should I take drugs as in the fact that I've went through my whole life and not experienced and am missing out on something amazing.

Not-Should I take drugs because I'm going to do whatever you lot tell me.
    Littleali wrote:
    fair enough :)

but to me thats exactly what his post was askin

He asked if there was something amazing he was missing out on? He wanted opinions.
    Littleali wrote:
    he didnt ask for people`s opinions on different drugs, or ask for experiences, he asked should he take them or not, i responded to that

Look back at the first few posts, does it look like he was asking for a simple yes or no?

If you want to learn about something your contemplating trying, whether it be drugs or sky diving for instance, then a little a little research is the clever thing to do. This doesn't just mean looking up facts it means talking to people with experience, something we have in abundance here.
    Littleali wrote:
    as for my post not being helpful, neither is swearing at me.......

Sometimes I swear to highlight a point, it doesn't mean I swore at you, or that I was pickign on you for being new. Stop trying to be a victim.
    Weekender Offender 
    Yerascrote wrote:
    It was a more of a retrospective question: i.e. Should I take drugs as in the fact that I've went through my whole life and not experienced and am missing out on something amazing.

Not-Should I take drugs because I'm going to do whatever you lot tell me.

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
    I have been wondering about trying drugs for a while now...still have not made up my mind, which I guess means I am not ready to. Asking for advice on a board like this where there are plenty of people to offer their experiences seems like a good idea to me.

I'm the same as the OP in that I think I'm missing out on some experience that only pills have to offer and the fact that I haven't tried it is limiting my life experiences...but then I think there are plenty of other things that I'm not willing to try doing (like sky diving for example) so...ah i dunno, just rambling.

Its a shame this thread has turned into an argument really because I bet there are quite a few people thinking of trying drugs that would have found it really useful.
    Littleali wrote:
    ok...a few things....

please indicate where i called u a name

i am well informed, on a lot of things, i`m just a firm believer that if ur gonna do drugs, you should do them because u want to, u shouldnt need an opinion

this thread asked for opinions, i however didnt, therefore the whole "dont give ur opinion if u dont want mine" thing is a weak argument.....
    My apologies, you referred to the OP as a tad sad, not me but you still won't gain respect for that.

So you think that someone who thinks they would like to do drugs, should just go out and do them becasue they want to, without doing any researchinto the positives and negatives? Just go into it blindly without consulting other people's knowledge? That's exactly how drugs get mis-used and people get themselves into bad situations.

"dont give ur opinion if u dont want mine"
    This is not an argument - you came into this thread all hot headed and carried on with the same attitude after my response.
    The rest of my text is arguing your point and if you want to carry on, I'll argue 'til the cows come home. You're never going to win this one.

I think Diamond is being very responsible and getting himself clued up about drugs before either deciding to take them or not. Even if he was never going to, at least he has some info on them from experienced users. You never know a situation 'til you are in one and he may be offered them in the future. If all the evidence here has swayed him into not being interested, at least he knows this so he can whole heartedly turn the drugs down. Rather than taking them and finding out the effects after.

Its a shame this thread has turned into an argument really because I bet there are quite a few people thinking of trying drugs that would have found it really useful.
    Yes it is a shame but let's see if we can all get back on the topic of the thread and give the guy the answers and knowledge he's looking for.
    You are your own person. Nobody these days can claim not to know the dangers of taking drugs.

So try it ! Im not encouraging you, all im saying is try whatever you want to try. You may find that its not all what people make it out to be.

I ended up taking drugs because my friends did (yes I know Im weak and easily swayed!) but the whole mystery has gone for me now. I know what it feels like and Im quite happy getting drunk, there is no longer a big mystery around drugs for me.

The only way you can learn is by trying :D

As long as you have the facts, you can make your own decissions.

:thumb:
    Littleali wrote:
    bit of a difference

hmmm should i pray (which doesnt harm any1)

Well, I beg to differ. This isn't the board for it but I can see arguements for and against religion, including argument on the possible harm casued or causable by praying. If you care to continue this discussion, please do so whilst adhearing to the board rules. If you are having difficulty reading the rules, you might find a screen reader comes in handy. If however, you have difficulty comprehending them, you're probably beyond help.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    This topic is going all over the place. As this is a "drug forum" there is nothing wrong about asking these kinds of questions, thats what its here for.

At least the original poster can make an educated decision on what ever he decides to take, to be quite frank its more stupid diving in to drugs not knowing anything about them, the effects, the science of how it works and how to keep your self safe.
    HIT wrote:
    I would say hes an informed adult, so really he shouldn't really be asking this question.

If he was informed then he wouldnt be asking, he obviously wants everyone's views on this board, he then can make a safe decision.
    smitherz wrote:
    This topic is going all over the place. As this is a "drug forum" there is nothing wrong about asking these kinds of questions, thats what its here for.

At least the original poster can make an educated decision on what ever he decides to take, to be quite frank its more stupid diving in to drugs not knowing anything about them, the effects, the science of how it works and how to keep your self safe.

If he was informed then he wouldnt be asking, he obviously wants everyone's views on this board, he then can make a safe decision.
    I didnt mean informed on drugs, I ment an informed person in general.
    HIT wrote:
    I didnt mean informed on drugs, I ment an informed person in general.

?

Why shoudn'tl he be asking peoples opinions again?
    Weekender Offender 
    I took drugs for the first time this year, and they do make your night better.

Best advice would be do them with people who've done them before and you know that they'll be there if it all goes Pete Tong.
    also make sure you get the drugs from someone you know and trust
    otter wrote:
    also make sure you get the drugs from someone you know and trust

Was just editing my post to say that! Ha.
    Skive wrote:
    ?

Why shoudn'tl he be asking peoples opinions again?
    I said he shouldnt really ask other peoples opinion if he should use, because its a personal choice.
    HIT wrote:
    I said he shouldnt really ask other peoples opinion if he should use, because its a personal choice.

But he isn't asking if he should use, he's asking whether he's missing out on anything so amazing by not using...