Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Shall I try drugs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here's a question for ya.

I've never smoked a ciggy, never done any kind of drug stronger then St John's Wort .. lol

So should I start now or just continue as is being perfectly content the way I am .. or is there something amazing I'm missing?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    is there something amazing I'm missing?

In all honesty I would have to say yes, but that's only because drugs have generally been 'amazing' for me. There's a lot of poeple out there that havn't had such a good time.

As for whether you shoudl take them? It's not a question we can answer, it's only something you can do. Sometimes I'd love to be able to tell people to go out and try ecstasy or shrooms etc, but it would be irresponsible because at the end of the day there is a certain amount of risk (however small), in taking these substances. I don't want to put you off because I have no regrets, but I have to point out there are many different drugs with many different effects, and not all of them positive.

What drugs were you thinking of?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    What drugs were you thinking of?

I'm not really - just asking .. I know nothing about drugs and plus I reckon I'd probabaly build up an instant immunity to anything I take - I remember the first time I had St John's Wort - felt very calm, even tried to make myself mad and couldn't - the 2nd time had no effect .. Same with Alcohol, the first time I had Babycham I remember telling my parents "I'm flying" when al I was doing was laying onthe bed ... if I have Alcohol now I can feel the physical effects of it (i.e. harder to control your movements) but my behaviour doesn't change at all.

TBH my idea of a perfect drug looks like this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/StJohnTrunkBay.jpg/800px-StJohnTrunkBay.jpg

Can drugs make you feel like you're in a place like that? .. I don't know since I've never tried ...
    no it's a slippery slope. you'll have to hang around with some waste people to get hold of any drugs
    Do drugs help you to see colours better and details you normally miss in normal life?

or is that something they just say in movies?

I remember the very first time I wore contact lenses instead of glasses, was a mind opening experience.. for the first time I noticed the colours and details of things like leaves on a tree that I'd never been able to see before with just glasses.
    well i've done cannabis, acid, coke, crack and e/mdma. can't say they've ever affected my colour perception. acid was weak and didn't make me feel anything (despite knocking back 3 tabs).

ug god please don't do this, it's the worst thing any body can do to their status in the world.
    I'm not really - just asking .. I know nothing about drugs and plus I reckon I'd probabaly build up an instant immunity to anything I take -

You build up tolerance to different drugs in different ways, but there arn't any common illegal drugs I can think of where tolerence builds up that quichly.

I remember the first time I had St John's Wort - felt very calm, even tried to make myself mad and couldn't - the 2nd time had no effect ..

Most illegal drugs will have much more noticable effects than St Johns Wort.
    Though intrestingly I've found the first time I took ecstasy I felt very little effect - even though the pills I took were decent. I think I was too aprehensive.

TBH my idea of a perfect drug looks like this

Can drugs make you feel like you're in a place like that? .. I don't know since I've never tried ...

What would a place like that make you feel? Different drugs have very different effects.

For instance... ecstasy.
    For vast majority of people ecstasy makes them feel very cozy, very content and in touch with their friends and surroundings. The phrase 'love drug' wasn't attatched to ecstasy for no reason. Of course the day after you can feel quite the oposite - tired, edgy and grumpy.

You should watch this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt6PHhOZ32g
    Weekender Offender 
    you sound like a popular bloke it'd be a shame to recluse into a small group of stay-in stonners.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's your choice.

Some people like some drugs, others don't. It all depends of preferenace. Try a few if you WANT, don't feel pressured into it.

It does allow you to percieve things in whole new ways. It does change your thinking drastically.

Nearly everyone likes smoking pot though, it's fun. Like everything - moderation is the key.

Don't touch smack though, k?
    no it's a slippery slope. you'll have to hang around with some waste people to get hold of any drugs

Don't be ridiculous.
    well i've done cannabis, acid, coke, crack and e/mdma. can't say they've ever affected my colour perception. acid was weak and didn't make me feel anything (despite knocking back 3 tabs).

Well you didn't do acid then. :yeees:
    ug god please don't do this, it's the worst thing any body can do to their status in the world.

Their status? What are you on about.
    you sound like a popular bloke it'd be a shame to recluse into a small group of stay-in stonners.

This comign from somebody who want to try Meth, despite the fact he's got mental health issues. If you've got nothing constructive or helpful to say I suggest you get lost.

Do drugs help you to see colours better and details you normally miss in normal life?

Some certainly do. Drugs like Shrooms and LSD certainly affect your vision, though it's not just a matter of simply improving it. They alter it. Details you normally wouldn't notice can appear more vivid, but things can also apear distorted.

Ecstasy and speed can enhance your perception of music, touch and smell, and also alter your vision.

It's not like they give you super human senses though.
    Weekender Offender 
    Just out of interest, what would you say the most 'moral' drugs are? In the sense of which drugs are least likely to have involved people having the shit kicked out of them to get to you?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Nearly everyone likes smoking pot though, it's fun.

They don't though, and smoking pot isn't always fun. I don't like it anymore.

I've seen many people develop anxiety disorders, though that is from smoking it on a regualr basis. 10 years ago almost all my mates smoked it, now I'd say less than 20% do.
    Weekender Offender 
    Just out of interest, what would you say the most 'moral' drugs are? In the sense of which drugs are least likely to have involved people having the shit kicked out of them to get to you?

The worst would have to be coke and heroin, though if your buying drugs from a dealer then there's always a chance the money's going to end up in the hands of organised crime.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:

Their status? What are you on about.
    yes ppl don't look at you the same, we wont have any body whos smoked even dope in our house in case they steal stuff, ANYTHING, irons, dvds. their status that's right.
    This comign from somebody who want to try Meth, despite the fact he's got mental health issues.
    yeah you're not proving anything.
    you're demonstrating ignorance to the realities of the human condition. everybody who believed that ppl get mental health problems hasn't really understood life themselves. i know i've dealt with patients, staff, doctors and other pp. there aint no such thing and if you were a better person you could feel that there is no such thing as scitzo etc. you know what your brain does and you don't ask someone to offer insight into the workings of your brain unless it's been phsyically damaged. stresses and strains are not to be tollerated. this is modern civilised society at it's nicest and unrealistically compasionate i hate it.

drugs alter your senses and your brain processes this new information giving you the high? right? or at least the best drugs would.
    Skive wrote:
    They don't though, and smoking pot isn't always fun. I don't like it anymore.

I've seen many people develop anxiety disorders, though that is from smoking it on a regualr basis. 10 years ago almost all my mates smoked it, now I'd say less than 20% do.

I agree, bad things started to happen after a couple of years smoking weed. It used to be my favourite and now is probably my least. I never thought that would be possible.

Things are so much clearer without weed!
    yes ppl don't look at you the same, we wont have any body whos smoked even dope in our house in case they steal stuff, ANYTHING, irons, dvds. their status that's right.

Surely that says more about you then it does about them?

Takign drugs doesn't make you a 'bad person'. Chemicals are chemicals they're neither bad or good.

you're demonstrating ignorance to the realities of the human condition. everybody who believed that ppl get mental health problems hasn't really understood life themselves. i know i've dealt with patients, staff, doctors and other pp. there aint no such thing and if you were a better person you could feel that there is no such thing as scitzo etc. you know what your brain does and you don't ask someone to offer insight into the workings of your brain unless it's been phsyically damaged. stresses and strains are not to be tollerated. this is modern civilised society at it's nicest and unrealistically compasionate i hate it.

So there's no such thing as mental illness?
    drugs alter your senses and your brain processes this new information giving you the high? right? or at least the best drugs would.

eh?
    Drugs alter you body's chemistry, with differnet drugs giving you different effects.
    Weekender Offender 

You must be in denial. Mental health problems are very very real.
    Skive wrote:
    Surely that says more about you then it does about them?

yes that i'm english and i value the contents of my castle and the value of my property.

So there's no such thing as mental illness?

nope only people who choose to verbalise 'experiences' to meet their ends - unemployment, sympathy, easy life. real mental problems include epilepsy, motor neurone disease, some personality disorders - anorexia. whoever diagnosed and coined the term kleptomania brought new lows to human kind. some ppl get unrealistically compansionate towards other ppl who need to just pull their fcking socks up. and make real changes in their lives and relationships. like taking drugs would be a real change. you'll meet new ppl, and if you like those ppl then you're life will change and you wont go anywhere near the mental lot. drugs don't cause mental health problems, people do.
    if you're happy enough without them, what's the point? :)
    yes that i'm english and i value the contents of my castle and the value of my property.

It says to me that you are verry narrowminded and quite ridiculous. You won't let anybody in your house if they've ever smoked pot? :lol:

As a drug user are you a thief?

nope only people who choose to verbalise 'experiences' to meet their ends - unemployment, sympathy, easy life.

Are you not on IS for something?
    Weekender Offender 
    Replicant wrote:
    if you're happy enough without them, what's the point? :)

Adventure. A very real human instinct. How do you thing we [humans] found the New World and colonised it?

I was happy before I tried many things, but there's many different things I want to experience in my lifetime.
    Weekender Offender 
    For a start we need to run quickly away from the concept of 'drugs' as one entity with one set of effects and one end result (normally addiction or death). This idea is completely unhelpful and virtually completely rubbish.

Various drugs have various levels of risk and possible reward, if you are thinking of trying one or more of them then you need to educate yourself on the risks and effects.
    Drugs:

Dope:
    Effects:
    if you're comfortable to express yourself then you shouldn't notice any negative effects. just what you'd expect from a drug.

Ecstacy:
    Makes you express yourself because you feel comfortable to do so.

Coke:
    Makes you talk rubbish to people because you're high and they are not.

Crack:
    Pfffffffft, get me some more, i need more crack.

Acid:
    im fucked. no your not.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Pull your head in Sovereign, you aren't being very helpful. I have issues with your assertion that there is not such thing as mental illness, not in the least because there are many board users who have conditions they would identify as such.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but for one thing the weight of evidence is firmly stacked against you, and another you aren't being very respectful of other board users.
    aim higher alex! i'll take this to the top!
    but apologies in the meantime. i'll advise my clients to appeal.
    apologies.
    i really can't understand ppl who want to drop out like so many mental health people do. i met some A GRADE people in hospital - attractive ppl with lots going for them with careers ruined (teaching careers for eg) by contact with psychiatrist. for godssake change your ways before you see psychiatrists. they're really respected - wtf!!!
    diamond geezer. don't get into that scene. a few pills at a nightclub wont kill you but

1. you'll be dealing with scummy awful people.
    truth in 90% there's no harm,
    but

2. if you do too much or react badly - BE READY FOR PPL NOT TO help you out. be ready for the panic and confusion that'll instill when you realise that PEOPLE WILL ONLY SMILE AT YOU and not appreciate the fucking nightmare that is going on in your body. you'll panic and no-one will help till an ambulance is called and by then it can be too late. i'm telling you no-one will understand and sympathise with drug induced deaths etc.

don't fucking do it.
    i've always been exposed to drug panic. listening to helter skelter/rave tapes at 13 MC's were always stopping the music cos someone had collapsed. when i started raving i rember one night at the Que club in birmingham the club had only been open an hour and someone was being pulled out because they'd OD'd on something. i saw him lying there up against the wall on a staircase looking fucked tripping and being dealt with by paramedics and didn't want to give a fuck either like the next man he was fucked. heck what the fuck i was getting high that night and i thought i knew my limits and sure i was OK like half of the ppl who take these drugs.

it wouldn't suit you anyway. don't do drugs, they're waste.
    DiamondGeezer; I'm sure you are sharp enough to realise that the ramblings of the previous poster mean little if anything.
    drugs are good, thats why people become addicted! people say that pills arnt addictive, but id say they are, just not in the same was as say heroin.. Drugs/alcohol allow yur mind to be taken out of its normal routines and expectations and give it a bit of a roller-coaster ride, hypothetically speaking.. the problem with drugs is some people dont know how much is too much and take far too many, thus inevitably damaging their body... at the end of the day, the choice is up to you, just make sure you educate yourself on what your going to take (i.e. the known effects etc) and learn that all these drugs havnt got an instructions leaflet telling you everything’s going to be 100% okay afterwards, as really nobody fully understands the long term effects of most drugs, so we are all kinda the guinea pigs of the future... :thumb:
    Here's a question for ya.

I've never smoked a ciggy, never done any kind of drug stronger then St John's Wort .. lol

So should I start now or just continue as is being perfectly content the way I am .. or is there something amazing I'm missing?

No.

Save the money.