Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bombs on planes?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote:
    i heard on the news that this was an attack on the US, how? It would have been mostly british people on board i would have thought and they wouldn't explode in the US.

Now it's been stopped surely they're going to keep trying till they top 9/11 - which i think was the main aim wasn't it?

Why would they be mostly Brits? Surely its likely to be about 50/50.

And of course there is some debate as to where they were planning to blow them up, one of the flights was to New York, if they had done it near the end of the flight it could, potentially hit part of the city. But then thats just conjecture.

I doubt the aim was specifically to 'top 11th September' it was just to cause a lot of destruction.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Why would they be mostly Brits? Surely its likely to be about 50/50.

And of course there is some debate as to where they were planning to blow them up, one of the flights was to New York, if they had done it near the end of the flight it could, potentially hit part of the city. But then thats just conjecture.

I doubt the aim was specifically to 'top 11th September' it was just to cause a lot of destruction.
    do they know which flights were targeted then?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    do they know which flights were targeted then?

Its all conjecture and hearsay at the moment, but the airlines alledged to have been targeted were American carriers (United, AA, Continental) flying to Washington, NY and Los Angeles.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    i was told yesterday there was a threat against a LH flight departing from Brussels - which is why they canx alot/most/if not all of their flights

They might have thought Brussels airport a little easier to get through, I'm sure you could find a flight going Brussels - LHR - JFK.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    They might have thought Brussels airport a little easier to get through, I'm sure you could find a flight going Brussels - LHR - JFK.

Quite a lot of europeans fly to the states through Heathrow.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    It's just the overlords of the matrix getting as much scare energy out of our minds as possible. It's like monsters inc appart from we're all wired up to a grid system which powers the alien invasion in another dimension.
    They love us running around like loonies. :yes: :yeees:

Finally, a conspiracy theory that makes sense!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ballerina wrote:
    i heard on the news that this was an attack on the US, how? It would have been mostly british people on board i would have thought and they wouldn't explode in the US.

Because EVERYTHING must somehow be an attack on America. They need as many excuses for the Mid-East war as possible.
    Yeah I just realized that, dunno why I was thinking of DC-9's or something...
    Weird...

Maybe if it was like... I dunno... Somali Airlines.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    The 72 virgins 'reason' is bollocks in most cases. I'm sure the odd nutter might believe that.

Well surely Muslim terrorists are the odd nutters among Muslims. Or are you saying that Muslim terrorists are normal, rational people?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Not all are the same, by any means. Many are women. Many are university graduates. Many are not Muslims, and certainly don't believe in the 72 virgins bollocks.

You know a lot of these people then?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Many simply resort to such extreme and revolting actions because they and their families have themselves been the victims of the most disgusting abuses themselves.

What are you on about now? Those behind these latest planned attacks were mostly middle class 'British' Muslims. They weren't refugees from some third world country...
    Aladdin wrote:
    Muslim or not muslim, 72 virgins or not, I'm willing ot believe a number of us here might one day decide to go that route if throughout our entire life we've been subjected to an evil occupation and abuse;

Who occupied or abused the perpetrators of 7/7, 9/11 or these latest planned attacks? Why aren't abused Zimbabweans blowing themselves up? Mugabe kicked thousands out of their homes last year...Where are the bombs?

Anyway I do not care what justification the left tries to invent for fundamentalist Muslims blinded by a sick and fanatical ideology. Muslims adhering to such views need to be exposed and if not British citizens deported. Our intelligence services need to infiltrate every section of the Muslim community and we have to openly stand up to Islamofascism and those that wish to appease this disgusting movement. It is highly important that we keep moderate Muslims on side but even if we succeed in that objective it doesn't change the depressing fact that there is a very significant minority of Muslims here that hold views incompatible with civilised democracy.
  • Options
    Why the obsession with the Muslims, dis? You surely don't have an anti-Muslim agenda, do you?

Or are you trying to say that only Muslims like blowing people up? I don't see Gerry Adams kneeling down and facing Mecca too often. And as has been stated already, the secular Tamil TIgers are the biggest exponents of suicide bombings.

Still, its nice to have a bogeyman, and having a supposed plot by darkies to kill good honest white folk is a good way of the Government justifying blowing the hell out of the Middle East, and getting support for their actions just when everyone was starting to get upset at what's happening in the Lebanon.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Maybe if it was like... I dunno... Somali Airlines.

Shut it...;) Somali Airlines would have turbo props if anything....
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Why the obsession with the Muslims, dis? You surely don't have an anti-Muslim agenda, do you?

Yeh he does, I can be thesite anti-semite and he can be thesite anti-muslim. We can have picnics and regail of former British colonianism. ;)
  • Options
    Yeh he does, I can be thesite anti-semite and he can be thesite anti-muslim. We can have picnics and regail of former British colonianism.

Except you are rascist and he isn't because Islam is an idea not an ethnicity.
  • Options

:lol:

What the fuck are you on about? I can be the racist and he can be the sectarian, happy now? You can join us, your anti-Muslim "Mad Mullahs" views aren't exactly hidden from the public domain either.
  • Options

and you're a cock of the first order
  • Options

Whatever Blagsta. If you had any principles at all you would stop apologising for a rascist.
  • Options
    Whatever Blagsta. If you had any principles at all you would stop apologising for a rascist.

What's a rascist?
  • Options

What are you on about?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

:lol: i think this thread has lost its way.........
  • Options
    Bombs on planes? Is that anything like Snakes on a Plane?
  • Options

So is Judaism. Jews can't be described as a race.
  • Options
    Anyone heard of a letter muslims have wrote to our PM stating our foreign policy is causing civilian casulties. In other words, they are blackmailing the PM into changing policy to suite Islamamic facists. It makes my bloody blood boil.

If they don't like our foreign policy, clear off or use the ballot box. A stupid letter will go straight in the bin, especially when a small minority are asking for a policy change.
    We will not allow these muslims to determine our policy. If they want Islamic policies, if they want policies that suite terrorists then clear off to an Islamic country. They really do piss me off. Stupid islamic communities - who do they think they are. Show so bloody loyalty!
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    So is Judaism. Jews can't be described as a race.
    Israeli is a race and majority of Israelis are jews.
  • Options
    Matadore is right. You can't be a racist for hating Islam. You are Islamaphobic if you dislike islam.

You're a racist if you dislike a particular race or nationality, hence the term racism.
  • Options
    I'm just looking through this thread and when are you guys going to stop giving excuses for muslims?
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Anyone heard of a letter muslims have wrote to our PM stating our foreign policy is causing civilian casulties. In other words, they are blackmailing the PM into changing policy to suite Islamamic facists. It makes my bloody blood boil.
    Look around. Plenty of non-muslims seem to agree with them too.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I'm just looking through this thread and when are you guys going to stop giving excuses for muslims?
    There's a difference between understanding the motives, and making excuses. I understand Tony Blair's motives, but I'm in no way making excuses for the shit-tip he's helping make of the middle east at the moment.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    do NOT knock my turbo props :mad:

:p

Why not? What you gonna do? :p

One of these days I'm gonna buy a Dakota as my personal transport. I would retro fit it with all the luxuries and modern stuff but keep it the same on the outside. Beautiful.

Anyway, off topic.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Who? Where? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

For someone intelligent it's a shame you ask such a stupid question.

I do not have any blanket 'anti' feelings towards Muslims in general or Islam as a faith.

I am however disgusted by terrorism and I think the perpetrators of attacks like 9/11 and 7/7 are sick and vile people. Whether it's suicide bombs on the tube at home, Hamas terrorists in Israel or 'insurgents' in Iraq those responsible share a fanatical ideology that happens to be a strand within Islam. I have many Muslim friends, while they are very secular and westernised I do not hold any prejudices about religious Muslims.

I have no 'obsession' with Muslims but I am capable of recognising the grim fact that a number of British Muslims pose a grave danger to all Brits - including Muslims. (Lets not forget the Islamofascists hate moderate Muslims as much as they hate the rest of us. Muslims were among the victims on 7/7 and the 7/7 terrorists decision to attack Edgware Road made it pretty clear that they had no intention of not targeting Muslims).

Michael Gove MP actually made a few very interesting points in a recent interview, in particular
    As Martin Bright and Michael Gove have written: Labour is talking to the more extreme representatives of Britain's Muslims - ignoring moderate voices like the Sufi Muslim Council. "In the struggle against extremism the British State has failed to tackle the underlying ideological currents that favour Islamism. Organisations such as the Muslim Association of Britain (MAB) and the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), whose members have shown sympathy for extremist positions, are rarely challenged, and certainly not publicly by the Government or its agencies. For moderate Muslims the picture is dispiriting. They see the most religiously conservative and politically provocative groupings enjoy the lion’s share of attention and they wonder how serious the British State is about countering extremism. How can they convince young men within their community that the path of moderation brings respect and a voice in the nation’s deliberations when the most influential voices are seen to belong to those with radical agendas?"

Perhaps if the moderate British Sufi Muslim Council called for the execution of gays and Jews and defended wife-beating like the Egyptian cleric Al-Qaradawi they'd get the red carpet treatment from Ken Livingstone?
    Kermit wrote:
    Still, its nice to have a bogeyman, and having a supposed plot by darkies to kill good honest white folk is a good way of the Government justifying blowing the hell out of the Middle East, and getting support for their actions just when everyone was starting to get upset at what's happening in the Lebanon.

I wonder if the conspiracy theorists that seem to think this foiled threat on the lives of thousands of people would jump on a plane with a few of those arrested with the old relaxed security rules...I thought not.
  • Options
    Hey, some of my best friends are black...