Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bombs on planes?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I fly Ryanair fairly often & have never felt badly treated.

Given that Ryanair had the nerve to charge somebody for a wheelchair and when challenged legally had the audacity to fight it in the courts, even launching an appeal when they lost they are evidently a pretty nasty company. That said I have used them and would again but I would always prefer to fly with a different airline.

Their Chief Executive seems an obnoxious and greedy twat. Now, Stelios seems a good bloke. Don't hear so much of him now, just this stupid twat from Ryanair.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I fly Ryanair fairly often & have never felt badly treated.

I fly Ryanair often. While I don't feel badly treated, it is plasin to me it is a shite airline, and you get what you pay for.

No legroom, no luxuries, expensive food, crap landings a regularity.

Plus dodgey planes on a couple of journey. I loved the one that leaked water all over my mate from the ventalation system. FOR THE WHOLE FLIGHT! :lol:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I fly Ryanair often. While I don't feel badly treated, it is plasin to me it is a shite airline, and you get what you pay for.

No legroom, no luxuries, expensive food, crap landings a regularity.

Plus dodgey planes on a couple of journey. I loved the one that leaked water all over my mate from the ventalation system. FOR THE WHOLE FLIGHT! :lol:

The last time I flew Ryan Air, it wasn't that horrible. Perhaps the reason is that they're cutting more and more, for the lower prices - that flight was a long time ago. But they're cheap, really cheap. But... most of the airlines today are cutting a lot and some prices are baffling.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    The last time I flew Ryan Air, it wasn't that horrible. Perhaps the reason is that they're cutting more and more, for the lower prices - that flight was a long time ago. But they're cheap, really cheap. But... most of the airlines today are cutting a lot and some prices are baffling.

You get two things standard with Ryanair now - A seat and a fold-out tray. Not even those little elastic bits for magazines!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You get two things standard with Ryanair now - A seat and a fold-out tray. Not even those little elastic bits for magazines!
    I always get the elastic bit & the tray (& the seat of course). Not exactly loads of legroom but you get that with pretty much any form of transportation though. Yeah, the food & drink is expensive, but that's true of anywhere where the people selling the food are guaranteed a captive audience - not like you can step out of the plane & go somewhere cheaper is there? ;) But I'm always prepared for that - I get something to eat & drink while waiting at the airport, then something else when I get to my destination.
  • Options
    Ryanair:

- The shittest customer "care" imaginable. Countless instances of planes being cancelled with no explanation given and no refund or accommodation help provided for those stranded

- A ruthless tosser as a boss who sacks any employees who dare to voice any concerns and have even employed teams of lawyers to shut down staff-run websites that are critical of the airline

- No window blinds or reclining seats

- A charge for check-in luggage- unheard of in the industry

- Often the destination airport is 100 km away from the city you think you're going to: Flying to "Barcelona"? Land in Tarragona. LOL.

Even if they were giving flights away- which they often do- that's one airline I'd rather not patronise
  • Options
    on the other hand, i like easyjet
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    on the other hand, i like easyjet

Easyjet are better, but don't fly everywhere from Stansted (my local) like Ryanair. I don't want to go to Gatwick or Heatrow.

If Easyjet are availible, I shall take them though. Far, far, better than Ryanair.

Aladdin - I get window blinds on Ryanair. Don't you?
  • Options
    That's because it costs money to remove them. But all new planes ordered since some time last year come without blinds- for all the 3-4 kg the tight fisted bastards will save in weight.

If O'Leary could charge for using the bog, he would- make no mistake about that.

But like you and MrG I like Easyjet. They're still no frills but their customer service is a lot better and there certainly hasn't been any of the stories of ill treatment of passengers and staff alike that emerge from Ryanair.

And if they tell you they fly to a city, they fly you there, not to an airfield 80 km away.