Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

whats going on with Israel and Lebanon

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    luke88 wrote:
    I'll admit I understand very little about this, I'm trying to learn more but from what I gather. Israel is not over reacting, she is protecting her self. She is isolated in the middle east and it wants revenge on Hezollah. Israel should not free prisonors as the reason they are prisonors. Israel should carry on with this attack until it's soliders are handed back over safe and sound.
    Nice to see you have such high regard for human life.
    There's so much bias on this subject. Everyone looking and focussing on Israeli actions now but what about Hamas and Hezbollah? Both terrorists organisations in government. Both do not even recognise Israel therefore I refuse to treat them as anything less than a buch of terrorists.
    Do you also treat a government that chooses to terrrorise, bomb and kill thousands of innocent civilians as terrorist, or is the Israeli government immune from your judgement?
    Wow, thanks Aladdin, see now I can actually read the news and maybe get a bit what they mean. I know im stupid sometimes, but I learn a hell of a lot from these forums. :)

Appreciated.
    Don't you realise how extremely biased that was? It was insupport of an organisation that wants to destroy Israel?
    Aladdin wrote:
    I wouldn't say the killing of 50 innocent men, women and children and the bombing of Beirut neighbourhoods and its airport is a biased opinion. I'd say they are facts. It's up to the reader to consider whether such actions are justified, appropriate or lawful.
    Maybe fact yes Aladdin but you very rarely point out... for example when a Palestinian blows himself up on a bus in tel Aviv, killing innocents.
    Blagsta wrote:
    I've got some Lebanese friends. They're shitting themselves. The Israeli's are bombing their country and killing civilians. Way to go Israel. Cunts.
    Isarelis shit them selves on a daily basis because they are surrounded by terrorists who want to destroy them.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Nice to see you have such high regard for human life.
    Of course I don't support innocents being hurt though.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Do you also treat a government that chooses to terrrorise, bomb and kill thousands of innocent civilians as terrorist, or is the Israeli government immune from your judgement?
    I see it as depending it's self from the indefensiveable in that region. Maybe if the terrorist organisation were to stop it's attack on Israel, then israel would have no case.
    luke88 wrote:
    Maybe fact yes Aladdin but you very rarely point out... for example when a Palestinian blows himself up on a bus in tel Aviv, killing innocents.
    When that happens, I most often comment on it and condemn it.
    luke88 wrote:
    Don't you realise how extremely biased that was? It was insupport of an organisation that wants to destroy Israel?
    No it wasn't. Try to read properly eh? :rolleyes:
    Aladdin wrote:
    When that happens, I most often comment on it and condemn it.
    You know, I've never seen you post any thread on here when the 'otherside' attacks Israel.
    Aladdin wrote:
    No it wasn't. Try to read properly eh? :rolleyes:
    I felt it was extremely biased and you want to make others believe that the Islamists are sweet and the Israelis are bitter.
    luke88 wrote:
    And yet that is exactly what Israel is doing.

Read the news reports. The immense majority of deaths have been innocent civilians.

And that's because Israel is bombing for the hell of it, as retaliation. The bombings have nothing to do with a military operation designed to free the soldiers. It's to do with blackmailing and applying pressure. And this, the Israeli PM himself has happily admitted several times.

So they're saying "we'll keep killing innnocent people until you release our soldiers".

Only murdering state terrorist scumbags do such things.
    luke88 wrote:
    I felt it was extremely biased and you want to make others believe that the Islamists are sweet and the Israelis are bitter.
    Er... no it wasn't. But then, there have always been people out there who are quick to denounce anyone who doesn't give Israel support for anything it wants as "biased".

A good example is the BBC. Pro-zionists actually claim the BBC is biased against Israel (LOL x 94,000,000).
    Aladdin wrote:
    And yet that is exactly what Israel is doing.

Read the news reports. The immense majority of deaths have been innocent civilians.

And that's because Israel is bombing for the hell of it, as retaliation. The bombings have nothing to do with a military operation designed to free the soldiers. It's to do with blackmailing and applying pressure. And this, the Israeli PM himself has happily admitted several times.

So they're saying "we'll keep killing innnocent people until you release our soldiers".

Only murdering state terrorist scumbags do such things.
    If the Islamists gave a shite about civilians they would hand over the soliders immediately. Israel repeatedly said it's targets are not on civilians. If their targets do his innocents then it was a bad target - but that is war unfortunately. It is a terrible thing war is but in some circumstances is the only way.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Er... no it wasn't. But then, there have always been people out there who are quick to denounce anyone who doesn't give Israel support for anything it wants as "biased".

A good example is the BBC. Pro-zionists actually claim the BBC is biased against Israel (LOL x 94,000,000).
    It definiately has stances toward the terrorist organisations. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4314423.stm Read that... it's not until you get righ to the bottom it informs the reader what the organisation is really about - then again it manages to do it in a few short sentences whereas it uses the rest of the article to show how nice it is.
    luke88 wrote:
    If the Islamists gave a shite about civilians they would hand over the soliders immediately. Israel repeatedly said it's targets are not on civilians. If their targets do his innocents then it was a bad target - but that is war unfortunately. It is a terrible thing war is but in some circumstances is the only way.
    What chance can there be of any rational debate if you take the words of one side as the unquestionable truth?

Israel has been caught lying a million times before. Like when it said it hadn't shelled those Palestinians enjoying a day out on the beach. Like when it said it hadn't meant to shoot that British peace protester in the head. Etc etc etc.

Of course Israel is targetting civilians. It's using large high explosive bombs that take down entire buildings and kill entire families because it says one 'terrorist' lives there. It bombs villages and kills innocent women and children because it says terrorist might be in hiding 'somehwere' within the village.

It's deliberate murder, pure and simple.
    luke88 wrote:
    It definiately has stances toward the terrorist organisations. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4314423.stm Read that... it's not until you get righ to the bottom it informs the reader what the organisation is really about - then again it manages to do it in a few short sentences whereas it uses the rest of the article to show how nice it is.
    Rubbish. Have you ever seen the BBC calling the Israeli government a rogue regime or accusing it of war crimes and murder?
    Aladdin wrote:
    What chance can there be of any rational debate if you take the words of one side as the unquestionable truth?

Israel has been caught lying a million times before. Like when it said it hadn't shelled those Palestinians enjoying a day out on the beach. Like when it said it hadn't meant to shoot that British peace protester in the head. Etc etc etc.

Of course Israel is targetting civilians. It's using large high explosive bombs that take down entire buildings and kill entire families because it says one 'terrorist' lives there. It bombs villages and kills innocent women and children because it says terrorist might be in hiding 'somehwere' within the village.

It's deliberate murder, pure and simple.
    Right ok.... so are both sides just as bad as each other would you argue?

Remember Palestinians have targetted Israelis civilians and actually claimed they wanted to kill them. Israel doesn't say it intends to kill innocents whereas the terrorists do.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Rubbish. Have you ever seen the BBC calling the Israeli government a rogue regime or accusing it of war crimes and murder?
    The BBc would have to label the U.S, British, Italian, Danish... governments this too Aladdin to please you.
    luke88 wrote:

Remember Palestinians have targetted Israelis civilians and actually claimed they wanted to kill them. Israel doesn't say it intends to kill innocents whereas the terrorists do.
    Doesn't make much difference in my eyes. If anything, it makes the latter a hypocrite and a liar as well as a murderer.

Both sides are responsible for hideous crimes. But I put a far bigger share of the blame on Israel. At the end of the day they are the ones illegally occupying parts of Palestine, Syria and Lebanon for decades. And they are the ones with an unmatched, gigantic military which they use to bomb cities and airports in other nations hundreds of miles away from them.
    luke88 wrote:
    The BBc would have to label the U.S, British, Italian, Danish... governments this too Aladdin to please you.
    But the fact remains that the Israeli government gets a very light treatement from the BBC... and there is no bias whatsoever against Israel.
    :rolleyes:
    Aladdin wrote:
    Doesn't make much difference in my eyes. If anything, it makes the latter a hypocrite and a liar as well as a murderer.

Both sides are responsible for hideous crimes. But I put a far bigger share of the blame on Israel. At the end of the day they are the ones illegally occupying parts of Palestine, Syria and Lebanon for decades. And they are the ones with an unmatched, gigantic military which they use to bomb cities and airports in other nations hundreds of miles away from them.
    But hasn't Israel pulled out of Syria and Lebanon in 2000?

It has been tearing it's people out of the Gaza strip too. It has been protecting it's boarders using walls. All peaceful measures.... what does the Islamists do to thank them? Suicide bombs, firing rockets, kidnappings etc.
    When are they going to learn that israel will protect her self against these if they continue to use violence as a means of achieveing their aim?

Israel has a right to protect herself when countries/organisations fail to recognise her.
    Israel has never called for the destruction of another copuntry... yet the Palestinian government (Hamas) does not recognise a Israel, groups in Syria and Lebanon have similar views. Infact, does any Islamic country in the Mid East reccognise Israel? I wonder why. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, if the terrorist groups or the Lebanon government cared about civilians they would do the right thing and hand over the troops.
    luke ...how many israeli prime ministers were once terrorists?

israel is ...illegaly occupying another countries land ...it's most fertile and arable land.

do you not expect people to fight to get that land back?

israel have now destroyed power stations which leave hundreds of thousands of civilians without power ...water ...sewage treatment.

of course the ...islamists as you like to call them ...want there land back and will kill to get it back.
    what would you do?
    in fighting israel ...the kidnap of three soldiers is not on a par with the mass death and destruction that israel is inflicing.
    luke88 wrote:
    Isarelis shit them selves on a daily basis because they are surrounded by terrorists who want to destroy them.

The Israeli army routinely shoots children and civilians.
    luke88 wrote:

You are though with your unquestioning support of Israel.
    luke88 wrote:

Hizbollah want the return of their men who were originally kidnapped by Israeli soldiers from Lebanon.
    luke88 wrote:

What are you on about? :confused::confused::confused:
    luke88 wrote:

...yet Israel does target and kill innocents.
    Is anyone else sick of how these kind of threads seem to get hijacked by the same few people repeating the same few arguments?

I was really interested in this debate at first but now i cannot even be bothered to read through it anymore.
    I very rarely post on these threads as I don't know enough about it. This has angered me though as I have some very good Lebanese friends.
    a majority of the prisoners held by the israelis are women and children.
    luke ...how many israeli prime ministers were once terrorists?
    I don't know, the current one and the one before, I would not describe as a terrorist.
    israel is ...illegaly occupying another countries land ...it's most fertile and arable land.

do you not expect people to fight to get that land back?
    Israel is in the process of handing back Gaza... remember when it forced Israelis our of their homes for the Palestinians? What does Israel get to say thank you? More terror, so they punish thsoe responsible and work tpo make Israel more secure.

Israel cmpletely withdarwn from Lebanon in 2000..... what does the terrorists do? Kidnapp Israeli soilders... I wonder if Hamas or Iran have anything to do with this too? :rolleyes:

Therefore Israel has a right to protect her self!!!
    israel have now destroyed power stations which leave hundreds of thousands of civilians without power ...water ...sewage treatment.
    That is war for you. If Lebanon authorities or the terrorists gave a shite about their people, then they would hand back the soildiers, Israel would stop the attacks. Bravo.
    of course the ...islamists as you like to call them ...want there land back and will kill to get it back.
    what would you do?
    in fighting israel ...the kidnap of three soldiers is not on a par with the mass death and destruction that israel is inflicing.
    Do they really want their land back?

I don't think they do... they want to terrorise, they want the whole of Middle east Islamic and under the Sharia Law. That is what these terrorists want. Hence they do not recognise Israel and they never will.

If they wanted land back, they would call a ceasefire, end the violence and terrorism, start supporting diplomatic measures, Israel would finally pull out, problem solved.