Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Make sure you've got consent, lads...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Perhaps the fact A is passed out might be something of a tiny little clue?

hmmmmm.....

So it's always rape, even if you don't notice and the person doesn't care?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    hmmmmm.....

So it's always rape, even if you don't notice and the person doesn't care?

And you're off again.

It's not rape because none of us exist!
  • Options
    Glad you realise how silly you are being.
  • Options
    :confused:

It's only rape if the person doesn't consent. Gah.
  • Options
    You answer with nonsense, I answer with nonsense.

Answer my question now?
  • Options
    Which question?

If a person consents, and doesn't withdraw their consent, its not rape. Obviously.

What on earth are you on about? That's exactly what I bloody said.
  • Options
    How does person "b" know that consent has been withdrawn?

This one.
  • Options
    By A passing out.

If A claims rape, then her passing out negates consent IMHO.

But 99/100 in your little situation, that wouldn't happen, would it?
  • Options

Any chance of actually answering this question?
    If A claims rape, then her passing out negates consent IMHO.

Your saying the same action changes depending upon the attitude of the person afterwards. Did I get that right?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I thought it was pretty simple.

Person "a" has given consent to sex. Person "b" gets it on. Person "a" passes out.

I would of thought the bigger question would be - what on earth is wrong with the person who continues to fuck someone who is unconcious
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    I would of thought the bigger question would be - what on earth is wrong with the person who continues to fuck someone who is unconcious

Thank you.

I still have no idea what the fuck Klintock is on about.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Thank you.

I still have no idea what the fuck Klintock is on about.

i wonder if he ever gets arrested, would he be there screaming
    you cant take me away, because you dont exist
  • Options

There are many easily imagined scenario's where you just woudn't be aware.

It's dark, your nearly there etc etc
  • Options
    And the sexual offences act is pretty clear - it's the responsibility of both parties involved in sexual acts to make sure that consent exsists - and to prove how they judged this consent if questioned under the law. So the fact the other party has passed out pretty much removes an possibility of that.

Then again if person b in your frankly unpleasant hypothesis 'doesn't mind' then there isn't a crime taking place - as the very nature of the crime is based on the fact that they do mind - whether they realise at the time or when they wake up.

The problems with the few recent cases mentioned is that the judges involved don't seem to have read the law, or that at the time the new laws didn't apply. As simply saying - she doesn't remember if she did or didn't consent is not the the requirement for establishing rape, rather it is if the other party can't show, with backing from the other person involved, how they established consent.
  • Options
    Then again if person b in your frankly unpleasant hypothesis 'doesn't mind' then there isn't a crime taking place - as the very nature of the crime is based on the fact that they do mind - whether they realise at the time or when they wake up.

Cheers Jim V, that's all I was after.
    The problems with the few recent cases mentioned is that the judges involved don't seem to have read the law, or that at the time the new laws didn't apply. As simply saying - she doesn't remember if she did or didn't consent is not the the requirement for establishing rape, rather it is if the other party can't show, with backing from the other person involved, how they established consent.

Totally stupid, but what else do you expect from those in the legal profession.
  • Options
    If you're not aware then the situation doesn't exsist - you had consent, nothing you were aware of changed that, and you can stand in front of a judge and prove that.

You can create an unlikely situation to challenge any law or point of view - occasionally tha reveals fundamental flaws in a debate - however more often than not it's simply symantics - which either bores the reader or makes a fool out of the poster - usually both.
  • Options
    If you're not aware then the situation doesn't exsist - you had consent, nothing you were aware of changed that, and you can stand in front of a judge and prove that.

So nothing has changed but the lies of the rapist.
    You can create an unlikely situation to challenge any law or point of view - occasionally tha reveals fundamental flaws in a debate - however more often than not it's simply symantics - which either bores the reader or makes a fool out of the poster - usually both.

Which this debate has been full of of course. From my own objections to the frankly weird "male rape by women" nonsense.

I find it very starnge that in order for the process to work for women they must lie as much as their assailant.
    There are much more pleasant ways to get someone's eyes to roll up in their head and for them to lose consciousness, than mere inebriation.
  • Options
    We live in a country responsible through rape for the systematic abuse of the human rights of women - so it's hardly a surprise that a society that does that also fails to have a legal system to deal with it.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    We live in a country responsible through rape for the systematic abuse of the human rights of women - so it's hardly a surprise that a society that does that also fails to have a legal system to deal with it.

That`s got me thinking how many "countries"/ "societies" (and which ones would they be) are in the habit of championing women and putting them on a pedestal ? :chin:
  • Options
    So a man can be convicted of rape for unconsenting oral sex, what about if a women does this??
  • Options
    No, he can't because there has been no penetration. He can be convicted of sexual assault. If a woman did that she could also be convicted of sexual assault.
  • Options
    What about the penetration of her mouth?
  • Options
    Rape is penetration of the vagina or anus by a penis without consent.

Penetration of the mouth by a penis without consent is not rape, but the crime has the same tariff as rape.

Penetration of the mouth, vagina or anus with an implement other than the penis, e.g. a dildo, is not rape, but has the same tariff as rape.
  • Options
    edited for stupidity by me.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    If you had given me like one second after i realised i had hit submit, you would have seen i edited it.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    ok, 1 second is an exageration but i did edit it before i saw you had posted, it just took a while to go through.
  • Options
  • Options
    Championing them in what way? That I can think of, there isn't a single culture that actually fully promotes equality and tolerence to women.

Interesting question though is why that always comes about.