Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Newcastle meet

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    koe_182 wrote:
    thing is tho, i dont wanna go to all this bother and then everyone go home at like 6pm. hah

Tsk, no chance of that. Saturday night down the toon is always erm, interesting. :crazyeyes

I'll be out until I drop!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'll be out until I drop!

thats the spirit..should be fun
  • Options
    I think I'll have to get that train to York that is listed a page or so previously, about 9 or 10pm I think
  • Options
    I think I'll have to get that train to York that is listed a page or so previously, about 9 or 10pm I think

:grump:
  • Options
    Don't Grump at me! I can't help what times the trains are!
  • Options
    I'll have to see how much money I've got before I decide to stay late.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i cant stay in hotels neffy because im poor! oh anyway you! i may have good news..well semi good news...check your pm.

There's a hotel at the edge of town, in Kingston Park, for £25 a night. It's no-frills, but its quite good. Kingston Park is on the metro green line, and the last metro out there is about 2300. It's also only about £8-£10 in a cab.

http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/fichehotel/gb/for/3738/fiche_hotel.shtml

The YHA hostel is in Jesmond, which is one of the trendy going out areas of town.

For many people its a shame its on a Saturday- the last train on a Friday to York and Manchester is at 0210.

For the record, I also spied a backpackers place that looks like its opening on Grainger Street, by Yates. But I could be wrong.

Sammie, come over anyway. I live here, and I'm the only one worth meeting anyway;)

Good news folks- the Bodega now has a late licence :hyper:
  • Options
    well i have 3 options to stay, the new youth hostel which im waiting for a response from for £15, the YHA for £20 or the Formule1 for £25. so its not all bad, i'll be coming for sure now..and coming to the meet
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Sammie, come over anyway. I live here, and I'm the only one worth meeting anyway;)

hehe, Think highly of yourself ;)

Anyways, I'll find out tomorrow about me wage and if I get me full pay. I check on here to make sure it's the same date still, etc and book it online. yay. :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    For the record, I also spied a backpackers place that looks like its opening on Grainger Street, by Yates. But I could be wrong.

That's the one I meant, erm, I think...how many hostels can there be on Grainger Street? It's about time there was a city centre hostel, imo.

There's always Malmaison on the Quayside, too, if anyone's got £250 burning a hole in their pocket. :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    That's the one I meant, erm, I think...how many hostels can there be on Grainger Street? It's about time there was a city centre hostel, imo.

There's always Malmaison on the Quayside, too, if anyone's got £250 burning a hole in their pocket. :p

ok if i win the euromillions i'll pay for everyone to stay somewhere nice, there must be a nicer one than the Malmaison tho, well im comparing to the manchester one..
  • Options
    bah! busy that weekend :(
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    bah! busy that weekend :(

Oh noes.

I am teh gutid.

I'd recommend the Hilton- it was 12 months late, so must be good.

Who fancies going to the Spencer Tunick exhibition at Baltic?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I am teh gutid.
    o_O

I'd recommend the Hilton
    I enjoyed my stay at the Little Haven Hotel, but that's South Shields
  • Options
    I'll have to get the 8pm bus home :(.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I'll have to get the 8pm bus home :(.

There's later, isn't there?

I've seen a bus at 11.10 going off to Newbiggin by Sea...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I should find out tommorow if I've got the day off work. It'll be a lovely early start if I get the day off, up to Carlisle, before trekking across to Newcastle!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I should find out tommorow if I've got the day off work. It'll be a lovely early start if I get the day off, up to Carlisle, before trekking across to Newcastle!

If you want a bed for the night, you can have one. For the record.

Get a 4 in 8 North Country rover and do it properly! Railcard makes it £40.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    If you want a bed for the night, you can have one. For the record.

Get a 4 in 8 North Country rover and do it properly! Railcard makes it £40.
    I think I'd need to be back as I have uni first thing on the Monday and would inevitably have a ton of work to do.

Would love to do a 4 in 8 but dont have a railcard or 3 other days :p
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Who fancies going to the Spencer Tunick exhibition at Baltic?

I promised (threatened) KHSS with a tour of the Quayside, we have to get down there at some point!

I think the next meet should be SShields. :heart:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    There's later, isn't there?

I've seen a bus at 11.10 going off to Newbiggin by Sea...
    Don't think it stops by my house but I'll have a look.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I promised (threatened) KHSS with a tour of the Quayside, we have to get down there at some point!

:cool: <--- tourist smily. I'm bringing my camera, watch out!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I think I'd need to be back as I have uni first thing on the Monday and would inevitably have a ton of work to do.

Fair dos.

If you want one you're welcome though.

I'm so going to have to bully, sorry, gently persuade the mason to come up too. If Bridget would be so kind too...
    briggi wrote:

Definitely.

Have to put the Crown Posada on the itinerary, as well as the Eye and Baltic.
    I think the next meet should be SShields :heart:

I really like Suff Sheelz. It's a nice walk on towards Marsden, it's a walk featured on Coast. And then we could ride on the ferry all day long :lol:
  • Options
    Let yas know I can't go. Didn't get me full wage yesterday. Only have enough to pay off me course on Wednesday.

Really wanted to go too :( Next time yas plan a meet in Newcastle, I will defintely try to go so long as there's plenty of notice, etc.
  • Options
    :(

Next time, hopefully.
  • Options
    do we have a time yet? Cos it'd take me about 5 hours to get to newcastle

just asking as i'm trying to work out whether or not i would be able to come :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm so going to have to bully, sorry, gently persuade the mason to come up too. If Bridget would be so kind too...

Ha, gentle persuasion...I'll bear that in mind. :p

Summer meet in Shields, I say, we can tour the numerous parks and see the Kappa-clad charvers in their natural state (drunk on Diamond White & Special Brew). Then off to the Grotto for a pint. :hyper:

A time would be good, it doesn't really matter to me though so I'll let someone else suggest it. Coming up here from Wales is pretty hardcore, I salute you, Jemz! :thumb:
  • Options
    :cool: <--- tourist smily. I'm bringing my camera, watch out!

Yay, there are some definite good photo opps (enhanced by me sticking my mug in them, obviously :p ). I'll remind you again to bring "the hat", it must be as well-travelled as possible...
  • Options
    Yes definitely, so far the hat has been at home and in York, very soon it will need it's own passport haha.

(shall we incorporate the first meeting of the Neighbours society into the same trip?)
  • Options
    (shall we incorporate the first meeting of the Neighbours society into the same trip?)

Psh, as if you even have to ask!

let's make badges :D