Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Newcastle meet

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww :)

Hows about putting up a list of maybes and definates on the first page lea? Also, the date and venue so people know rather than looking through this whole thread?
    lea_uk wrote:
    I'd love to meet you Stacey!
    I know for a fact that you're not alone in that.
    I would be interested in going to this meet if I can get cheap flights. Will have a looksie now infact. How far is the airport though to where yas are planning to meet each other?
    Hmmm, just checked out the prices and stuff and it would cost me around £25 to get to Newcastle. It would cost me the normal £15 to get to York with my Young Persons Rail Pass and I think I could get this I'm not sure if this is a return ticket though :confused: If not, a saver return is £13 so I could get to Newcastle and back for £28.

I would have to come down on the Friday though and find somewhere to stay as I can't travel for 7 hours on one day. It would tire me out. Hmmm, I know I few people that live in York (seeing as I have to get through York to get to Newcastle)....I wonder if they would let me stay over for a night :chin: :razz:
    See I've been considering the possibly of staying over in NCL, if i came to the meet, make it more worth the trip staying for a couple of days rather than spending one day their, plus wouldnt have any time contraints :D .. I wonder ..
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Hmmm, just checked out the prices and stuff and it would cost me around £25 to get to Newcastle. It would cost me the normal £15 to get to York with my Young Persons Rail Pass and I think I could get this I'm not sure if this is a return ticket though :confused: If not, a saver return is £13 so I could get to Newcastle and back for £28.

I would have to come down on the Friday though and find somewhere to stay as I can't travel for 7 hours on one day. It would tire me out. Hmmm, I know I few people that live in York (seeing as I have to get through York to get to Newcastle)....I wonder if they would let me stay over for a night :chin: :razz:
    Student Getaway's are single tickets.

I'm considering going on a £35 rover Via Carlisle, not decided yet.
    I would be interested in going to this meet if I can get cheap flights. Will have a looksie now infact. How far is the airport though to where yas are planning to meet each other?

not too far, well it is, but the metro rail link goes direct from the airport into the centre of town

It's about half an hour on a direct metro link, like MrG said, 'tis no bother at all really (so you should definitely come :p ).

You might be able to get really cheap flights, too, I'm going to Belfast next weekend for £15 return - woo. :D
    Well if I get get pay in advance on Friday, I will be booking something then. But so long as yas can tell me ya defintely won't be changing the date :no: hehe

Be fab to meet yas as this sounds like an interesting meet and I love Newcastle so even better, wahey. hehe
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Aww :)

Hows about putting up a list of maybes and definates on the first page lea? Also, the date and venue so people know rather than looking through this whole thread?
    Done!
    hmmm im shit with trains and i cant find a train home any later than 17:54...anyone know if there is a later one? at least to manchester or preston..i can sort a lift or a taxi home from there. but i aint going all that way to leeave at 6pm. unless i stop over...
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The main problem you might be finding Koe is the fact Newcastle - Manchester direct trains do not run after 5pm on Saturdays, you would have to change. The lastest being:

NEWCASTLE dep 20:46
    YORK arr 21:50
    (Great Northern Eastern Railway)

YORK dep 21:58
    MANCHESTER PICCADILLY arr 23:25
    (FirstGroup-Keolis TransPennine Express)
    JsT wrote:
    The main problem you might be finding Koe is the fact Newcastle - Manchester direct trains do not run after 5pm on Saturdays, you would have to change. The lastest being:

NEWCASTLE dep 20:46
    YORK arr 21:50
    (Great Northern Eastern Railway)

YORK dep 21:58
    MANCHESTER PICCADILLY arr 23:25
    (FirstGroup-Koe-lis TransPennine Express)

id get the second one
    i'd have to get em both MrG hehe

ok, i'll take another approach and bear with me on this one...does anyone know of any fairly secluded places my car would be safe and perhaps i could sleep off my alcohol consumption in the car and drive home in the morning? hah i know it sounds weird...but i'd have a do
    koe_182 wrote:
    i'd have to get em both MrG hehe

ok, i'll take another approach and bear with me on this one...does anyone know of any fairly secluded places my car would be safe and perhaps i could sleep off my alcohol consumption in the car and drive home in the morning? hah i know it sounds weird...but i'd have a do

i could suggest some fairly secluded places, but you dunno who else hangs around in fairly secluded places in newcastle at that time of night
    im not that bothered if its rough like, i can handle myself..just wouldnt wanna get my car trashed or something, ive slept in multi story carparks before...but not on my own, could be a bit shit if i got busted...
    koe_182 wrote:
    im not that bothered if its rough like, i can handle myself..just wouldnt wanna get my car trashed or something, ive slept in multi story carparks before...but not on my own, could be a bit shit if i got busted...

i was thinking more of the "cruising type"
    just had a thought, could park at washington services and get taxi or bus into newcastle, and go back out at night, car would be safe, and people sleep in cars there all the time....hmmmmm
    MrG wrote:
    i was thinking more of the "cruising type"

im sure i could entertain them after a skinfull haha
    after researching this on another forum ive been informed this would be infact illegal, so i cant do that, need to think of another way..its becoming in fact impossible for me to go to newcastle and get drunk. NOT GOOD.
    Or you could stay in a hotel...

I miss going to newcastle lots - sob sob

Ohh but I can get 2 single tickets for £20 (the cheapest return was £94...) its kind of tempting....
    i cant stay in hotels neffy because im poor! oh anyway you! i may have good news..well semi good news...check your pm.
    koe_182 wrote:

I know a few, or you could park on my street (it's permit parking and everything, I'm well posh).

Alternatively there's a new Youth Hostel opening right in the city centre, which is £15 I think...though maybe that's a bit steep for you tightwads. :p
    briggi wrote:
    I know a few, or you could park on my street (it's permit parking and everything, I'm well posh).

Alternatively there's a new Youth Hostel opening right in the city centre, which is £15 I think...though maybe that's a bit steep for you tightwads. :p

haha im not being a tightwad, im just a poor scum bag thats all. im trying to sort my finances out and it doesnt include staying in hotels. haha

i could park on your street if you sort us out with a permit.

any idea what this hostel is called? i dont mind hostels!
    koe_182 wrote:
    haha im not being a tightwad, im just a poor scum bag thats all. im trying to sort my finances out and it doesnt include staying in hotels. haha

i could park on your street if you sort us out with a permit.

any idea what this hostel is called? i dont mind hostels!

It's called the Albatross, isn't quite open yet I don't think but supposedly will be at the start of Feb. Much more central than the original Newcastle youth hostel, and cheaper I reckon.

You don't need the permit on Saturdays, anyway, but I'll let you borrow it if it makes you feel special. ;)

eta: hostel website i'm so helpful.
    hmmm well the albatross has just let me send a booking request so thats a bonus if that comes off, i'll happily pay £15 to stay over. its a 10 man room tho! agh scary.

ive stayed in hostels before and its no problems, it actually looks quite nice.

doesnt mention not being open yet.....

if not, I WANT YOUR PERMIT
    Aye that's the other one I was on about, it's been there much longer and is the "official" one (I think). It's not central, though it's only about a mile out of town and dead easy to get to either by the Metro, taxi or you could walk it no probs. I do think it's a bit more expensive though, I know they put their rates up a while back. :grump:
    its only £20 tho, which aint terrible... hmmmmmmmm

i'll wait and see if albatross come back to me, if not i might go for that one...has free parking as well. a mile walk aint too bad, and then could get a taxi back at end of night, shouldnt be too expensive.

thing is tho, i dont wanna go to all this bother and then everyone go home at like 6pm. hah