Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The lads mags

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Heavy beards are not light moustaches - light moustaches in this instance are an ethnic trait. Obviously if something is particular to your own ethnicity then it's not going to appear off-putting.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    :confused:

Well come on. Seems quite clear what I mean? :confused:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Well come on. Seems quite clear what I mean? :confused:

you're being absurd
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    it's not going to get solved by anything other than self acceptance.
    i hate having to do this but i agree with you yet again klint.
    of course ...it will now be argued that glossy magazines stop people from understanding how to do this.
    if these mags were printed on boring old recycled paper ...would they hold the same power over mankind!
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    you're being absurd

It's absurd but proves a point if you're going to deny attraction is at least partly biological.
  • Options
    Of course I accept it.

You should accept that an awful lot of women very much do mind a grope, and that if men don't respect that then they're chauvinist pigs, and not that far related to those evil rapist scum you were so keen to denounce.

Yes if they don't respect the fact that the women doesn't like the grope then they are pigs. Most men get a bad look and they'll never go near that woman again.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Most men get a bad look and they'll never go near that woman again.
    just go grope another one ...
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    It's absurd but proves a point if you're going to deny attraction is at least partly biological.

i'm not denying that biology plays a part - what I'm saying is that culture influences it within parameters set by biology
  • Options
    i hate having to do this but i agree with you yet again klint.

:lol:
  • Options
    I think communication is better. I thought in a pull then you go up to them and talk to them. But girls I have talked to and have seen on night sout, it doesn't seem to be the case. One girl actually said and I quuote "just go up behind them when they are dancing and grab them".

I have seen loads on nights out not exchange a word and just start feeling them up and the girl doesn't mind at all.

Its hard to know the protocol really, coz some girls if you chat think your an idiot so what do you do?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yes if they don't respect the fact that the women doesn't like the grope then they are pigs.

Well my wife doesn't like being groped in pubs.

Nobody asks her.

Those that don't ask are, by your definition, pigs. They can't possibly know if the woman wants it.
    Most men get a bad look and they'll never go near that woman again.

Yep, they just go and grope another one. Who doesn't want it. And so on and so forth.
    girl with sharp teeth - i really don't know how you can draw such a connection between some intentionally harmless grope and rape.

Maybe because she was raped, eh?
  • Options
    Whats classed as a grope or a "harmless grope" putting hands on a girls hips on the dance floor ? a squeeze of a tit, pinch of the arse, a light touch of the arse on the dance floor ?

Is any physical contact classed as a grope ?
  • Options
    Is any physical contact classed as a grope ?

I'm sure the definition would vary for every woman. But for me, it's any physical contact that I didn't initiate or freely go along with. For instance, I wouldn't class a kiss on the cheek/lips/nose/hand/elbow from a friend as a "grope" (or more accurately, unwanted physical contact) but if some random fella plants a big sloppy one on you in a pub then I'd probably be quite pissed off. Not "flattered", as some assume you will be :rolleyes:

I find the "hands on hips" thing very intimate, although I'm sure a lot of girls aren't bothered, and I wouldn't be comfortable with that kind of contact unless I knew him well/he was my boyfriend. I don't find men squeezing your tits to be at all acceptable, I don't know why any man would assume that.
  • Options
    you don't know how many times I have seen guys squueze a girls tits in a club and the girl not do anything about it.
  • Options
    Just from a legal point of view, groping someone is actually indecent assault.

I know of one person on the Sex Offenders Register for five years for stroking a woman's thigh through her clothes in a pub. And quite rightly, too.

Grabbing someone is a grope, hips or whatever.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    you don't know how many times I have seen guys squueze a girls tits in a club and the girl not do anything about it.

So "not doing anything about it" equals consent, does it?

What a twisted view of the world that is.
  • Options
    well smiling, not moving, not saying anything, not lsapping them, not shouting at them, not giving a disgusted look, not doing anything but standing their while he does with no sign of discomfort obviously equals something, no doubt consent.

not twisted view at all, rather experience.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    and if you read my posts you'll notice I said the girls were smiling. From your discription I doubt you were smiling were you??

I never said groping is right. I'm just saying what I saw.
  • Options
    Some girls like being grabbed and being flirted with. So what?

Some girls have a rape fantasy, doesn't make rape right. Some girls like heavy-duty bondage, doesn't mean everyone does.

Assuming that because one girl in a club doesn't mind a nice lad grabbing her bum doesn't mean that everyone can have a stroke, and doesn't mean that lad can stroke every girl in the pub. It's a simple enough point to grasp.

If you grope someone who didn't ask for it then you are a twat.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

maybe they're scared? intimidated? ever think of that? although do that to my g/f and you'll end up in hospital
  • Options
    fuck sake, read what I put up there before you reply blagsta.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I never said it did, did I kermit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop putting insinuations to what I wirte and read what I put.
  • Options
    did you appear to be enjoying it????????

coz thats what I am talking about.

someone puts a post about groping and saying squeezing tits is wrong.

I put up a simply post saying I have seen it loads of times it clubs.

thats it, no more no less. Why expand on that and practically put words in my mouth?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    fuck sake, read what I put up there before you reply blagsta.

what are you on about? people can smile while still being scared and intimidated.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    did you appear to be enjoying it????????

coz thats what I am talking about.

someone puts a post about groping and saying squeezing tits is wrong.

I put up a simply post saying I have seen it loads of times it clubs.

thats it, no more no less. Why expand on that and practically put words in my mouth?

you're sick in the head
  • Options
    and your an idiot in your own world who doesn't even know how to read it appears.
  • Options
    jesus chrsit, they were fine with it. I know, I saw them, i didnt just get a fleeting glance. Half of them went on to ram their tongue down the guys thoat.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    jesus chrsit, they were fine with it. I know, I saw them, i didnt just get a fleeting glance. Half of them went on to ram their tongue down the guys thoat.

yeah of course, that's what happens every time a woman is sexually assualted. No wonder you can't get a girlfriend.